It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Prefontaine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Does anyone else here remember Steve Prefontaine? Pre?

What an athlete and what a very short life! Definitely an American Hero!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Does anyone else here remember Steve Prefontaine? Pre?

What an athlete and what a very short life! Definitely an American Hero!

Was an amazing man ... Had more heart then anyone I can think of accept maybe a boxer in about 6 movies.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Steve Prefontaine, Runner

Born: 25 January 1951
Birthplace: Coos Bay, Oregon
Died: 30 May 1975 (automobile crash)
Best Known As: Oregon running legend and subject of the film Prefontaine.
Charismatic, handsome and brashly confident, Steve Prefontaine was one of the leading American distance runners of the early 1970s. He won seven NCAA championships while running for the University of Oregon from 1969-73 (three in cross-country, four in the three-mile race) and finished fourth in the 5000 meters at the 1972 Munich Olympics. Prefontaine set more than a dozen American records at distances from 2000 meters to six miles before his sudden 1975 death in a one-car accident in Eugene, Oregon.

source: www.answers.com...

The best part is the more than a dozen American records he set.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Was an amazing man ... Had more heart then anyone I can think of accept maybe a boxer in about 6 movies.

If you're talking about Rockie...aaaah, that's a fictional character. I'm talking about a real person.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Steve Prefontaine, Runner

Born: 25 January 1951
Birthplace: Coos Bay, Oregon
Died: 30 May 1975 (automobile crash)
Best Known As: Oregon running legend and subject of the film Prefontaine.
Charismatic, handsome and brashly confident, Steve Prefontaine was one of the leading American distance runners of the early 1970s. He won seven NCAA championships while running for the University of Oregon from 1969-73 (three in cross-country, four in the three-mile race) and finished fourth in the 5000 meters at the 1972 Munich Olympics. Prefontaine set more than a dozen American records at distances from 2000 meters to six miles before his sudden 1975 death in a one-car accident in Eugene, Oregon.

source: www.answers.com...

The best part is the more than a dozen American records he set.

If he had so much heart and mwas such a big story ... Why did he lose ... that race ? 4th place is the 3rd LOSER. ... He was an amazing person with an amazing story .... ....

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If he had so much heart and mwas such a big story ... Why did he lose ... that race ? 4th place is the 3rd LOSER. .

Deus Bigelow.....at least he gave it a shot. He came in 4th in the Olympics...against the best in the world....He was no loser. He gave it his best and that makes him a winner.

What have you done? Since you are so quick to say Steve Prefontaine is a loser....what do YOU have to be proud of??

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I dunno about them, but I aced a math test yesterday.

boo-ya-ka.

but anyways

I think I saw the movie but too long ago to remember most of it, I do know this though, Eugene Oregon is like hippie infested, and there is a big glass blowing culture thingimajig going on there

Glass > Metal/Acrylic/Ceramic or any other craptastic material.

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Lysergic]

top topics

join