It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did jesus die or not

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   
we all have our faith that we were brought up on, but do to all the end days, doom, from the churches, or what we feel we can find out for our selfes what feels right or not, and only u can decide what is right for u i choice, i for me, but these things give us some thing to think about! and thats yi im here, cause thhere are u people like me that dont take things for what they are cause there is more, or this web sit wont be here!!! and im lucky that i can belong to something that is right!!!! sorry if im out if line im still new and unsure oof what i can say and not say!! idont know how to post things or just say them so please for give my ignorance, i dont want to get kicked out of this web sit i like it very much. mapes

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Jesus did die but he rose again 3 days later.
I believe this to be true because the guys who witnessed his ressurection (the New Testement writers) changed there whole direction of life to do what they were commisioned to do, preach the gospel.
I find it hard to believe that these guys would live in poverty, be beaten, persecuted and in the end be killed for the Gospel if they didn't see Him back from the dead.
Plus its been recorded (in 1 Corinthians) that there were over 500 witnesses of Jesus back from the dead.

What I believe any way.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
there is so much missing from the bible look under dead sea scrolls it tells of bible scolls left out be cause of the kings of that ara! look on the web to see if i know how to do so i woould post my findings!!! but im new to all this , i only decicded to join this site becuse of all the innterseting thing that i think people here have the ssame theory!!! im here to learn and to help. i can give u web sits to look at but dont know how to send them yet. mapes

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapes
there is so much missing from the bible look under dead sea scrolls it tells of bible scolls left out be cause of the kings of that ara! look on the web to see if i know how to do so i woould post my findings!!! but im new to all this , i only decicded to join this site becuse of all the innterseting thing that i think people here have the ssame theory!!! im here to learn and to help. i can give u web sits to look at but dont know how to send them yet. mapes

To put in a web site click on the earth icon above the little window you are typing in. Then type in a name, hit Ok, then type in your URL and hit ok.

It will look like this... Nag Hammadi Library

And that is a link along the lines you were talking about.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I dont believe in the whole ressurection theory, i just think Jesus was a well documented man, nothing more nothing less. People at the time would have been looking for something to believe in and guess what they got it.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarface
I dont believe in the whole ressurection theory, i just think Jesus was a well documented man, nothing more nothing less. People at the time would have been looking for something to believe in and guess what they got it.

+++++

i was under the impression that the people of the time were 'looking' for a warrior messiah to free them from Roman Rule....
Issah or Jesus, was not a conquering king...just another Nazorean Essene zealot freak & vegetarian that was wrapped up in the sons of light v. sons of darkness epic battle...which was expected, anytime!
yeah, that man, who was accomplished and adept in the knowledge of Quantum Reality & physics...probably re-animated rather than resurrected...but, hey, lets ammuse the near-ape humans with the immediate reincarnation story...which we recognise as a 'resurrection' (a much elevated & grander theory than a 'time-compressed evolutionary process')

re. miracle #1: water-into-wine, as time-compression rather than an alchemical restructuring of matter

anyways, you might find these links helpful:

reasons.org...

www.rexresearch.com...
~~~~~

enjoy the journey....Mapes

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation

I believe this to be true because the guys who witnessed his ressurection (the New Testement writers) changed there whole direction of life to do what they were commisioned to do, preach the gospel.

I doubt that. Those four gospels were not written by the disciples.

www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Alchemists had the means to administer potions that could make someone appear to be dead (as in Romeo and Juliet when Juliet takes a potion and appears physically dead for three days, before waking). Jesus was offered a liquid on a sponge whilst on the cross...said to be bitter and taste like vinegar...perhaps it was a similar potion, so that although he appeared to be dead physically, he was able to "rise again" three days later and make good his escape? Just a thought!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You might find the folowing interesting:
there is a tomb of Jesus in Kashmir, and quite a few records about his life there (incl. marriage, children), AFTER he escaped the crucifixion... aparently he didnt die on the cross

www.tombofjesus.com...
Translations: www.tombofjesus.com...

Also, in Muslim version of events he didnt die on the cross either, God saved him and at some point after the "crucifixion" raised him to heaven where he will be until the Judgement Day, then he comes back to earth to fight the final battle against evil and to save humanity.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
very interesting!

got a couple of theories about this.

First, northern Iraq was said to be the site of the Garden of Eden, whereas now it is a barren wasteland. The rich supplies of oil there, created by thousands of years of dead, compressed trees, indicate it was once a very fertile, verdant place. What happened? Did humans have the ability back then, as we do now, to render it a wasteland?

Secondly, I was watching a film about Noah's Ark the other day, and it struck me how ridiculous and simplistic it was to be loading two different species of every kind of animal on there. Surely the lions would kill the gazelles, the cats would kill the mice, etc etc, etc...just unfeasible. No ark would be big enough...there are millions of species of animals, not to mention all the different types of food to feed them.

Could it be more likely that back in those times that humanity had the ability to store DNA....? The Voynich Manuscript documents many paradisal plant forms we are unfamiliar with today...it also hints (although quite primitively) at the storage of human life forms in jars of formaldahyde!! Perhaps the DNA of Paradise, and of Adam and Eve/Jesus and Mary...was stored...and protected..in order to preserve it, protect it, and bring it all back some time in the future?

Maybe Noah was an alchemist who had a premonition of the destruction of Paradise, which is why he gathered up this precious cargo...and transported it to a safe place. The "Ark" full of animals was just a symbolic story, or a clue, to the fact that he was in possession of the DNA of Paradise itself. Perhaps this is the real story of the Holy Grail.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There is an gnostic account that a man named Simon was put on the cross in Jesus' place.
Acording to the same account, Jesus died at the age of 90 at the siege of Masada.

new topics

top topics

join