It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eon8

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
there is this weird website, I stumbled across, and I found quite abit of stir, going on about it. check this out
www.eon8.com
now, theres a timer, weird code, sites that need passwords to get-in..some think its the grounds for a global cyber-attack..but, some think its pure viral marketing.
if this is Viral..man..I'd hate to be helping them out..but, its still a nice enigma, for the time being nonetheless.

but, I guess its been online for the last half of year...with members of the website posting "code" in websites that have nothing to do with it.
eon8theinvestigation.ytmnd.com...

here's some basic whois about the website.
whois.domaintools.com...

[edit on 29-6-2006 by waffleprime]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It is a strange site. When i do a google search for project x21-b a few things show up. One of the results has a wiki page,but when you click the link the page isnt there.

Did find one forum who is trying to break the code or find out whats goin on. It may just be a prank being played between 2 friends.Here is the site so you can check it out for yourself.

forums.unfiction.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
wow,no one else interested huh? Guess not

[edit on 29-6-2006 by spanishcaravan]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The trouble is, if anyone ever stumbles across a website that seems too "mysterious" or intriguing, like this one, most people will instantly think "Viral Marketing".

Let's face it, it probably is. It's a shame, all these Viral marketing shams are blot on the internets landscape. Pah :bash:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
sounds like a fun hack for this weekend !!!! :w:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I Call "Viral Marketing!"

Looks like a textbook case to me.

I don't know if they're a "blot on the internets landscape", but they are already sort of cliche, kind of like "Got _____?"

It worked great once, so why not do it again, and again, and again, until it stops working?

More like a blot on Madison Avenue.

So, what's the product?

Advertising is pointless if it doesn't push the product.

Got ATS?®

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well it's after 12 and I'm unable to load the eon8 website. The server might be overloaded. That's what you call a succesful viral marketing campaign.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I go to YTMND.com all the time. I'm a member. We followed that all day. Turned out to be a hoax. That was one nerve racking day. x.x

top topics

join