It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daylight Savings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Does anyone know when we're supposed to turn out clocks back an hour?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
crap, I'm not sure. I think it might be today (saturday) at 2am, though. if all else fails, sync your computer's clock with a network time server, and if the time has changed when you wake up on sunday, you'll know for sure

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningtonCrescent
crap, I'm not sure. I think it might be today (saturday) at 2am, though. if all else fails, sync your computer's clock with a network time server, and if the time has changed when you wake up on sunday, you'll know for sure

Okay cool, thanks!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
spring ahead, fall behind...but as to the dates I have no clue!

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Daylight Savings time officially ends at 0200 on Sunday, October 26, 2003. At that time we will 'fall back' an hour. Please remember to set your watches and clocks BACK one hour.

Mark

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The whole day light savings time system is backwards and stupid. It should be switched so we get more light at night in the winter, and not the summer. It gets dark here at like 4 oclock in December. I enjoy mountain biking, and I have no chance of doing that after work in the winter, it is pitch black.

I wouldn't care if the un didn't rise unitl noon in the winter, I am at work, at least then it could stay light until like 9 oclock, I could at least see the sunlight, instead of wasting all the daylight hours in my office. It is very depressing to have it dark when I go to work in the morning and dark when I go home at night.

Time for a world wide reset of the clocks. Everybody, set your clocks ahead by 3 hours.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Why don't we just set our clocks ahead a half hour one summer and be done with the whole mess. I think Daylight Savings Time is a conspiracy but I can't talk about that here.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
if turning back the clock in fall is daylight savings, is turning the clock forward in spring daylight takings???

just one of many stupid inane questions floating through my head....

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I hate daylight saving time.

The sun beats down on you so much longer
here in the desert.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
in about four hours

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think it's dumb. The whole thing is stupid, time is just a way for humans to explain things anyway.

Let's do away with it!!

new topics

top topics

join