It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go jogging with disabled soldier, president Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Photo taken on June 27 shows US president George W. Bush goes jogging with a US Army soldier who has lost his legs in Iraq War on White House South Lawn. In the US-led War on Iraq, the soldier lost the use of both legs and now he stands on artificial limbs.

President Bush's pet shows strong interests in the soldier's artificial limbs.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by zhangxi0183]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Total photoshop. That's not a real soldier, and the shorts arn't real either, neither is the dog. BushCo had the NSA CGI in the jogging clothing, dog ect. The real picture actually showed Bush decapitating Middle Eastern children with the help of reptilians, but since they couldn't show that we got this instead.

No I don't actually believe that, but I'm sure the usual suspects will show up in this tread and find some conspiracy in it.

CX

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
lol thats funny Without equal.

I saw this on Fox News the other night, for all the flak i think this stunt will get from a lot of people, the soldier was actualy real happy to be running with the president, he said it was his motivation for walking agian when he was in hospital.

Or maybe it was his cheeky way of getting an anti-war point across, get his piccy taken with the guy who indirectly caused the loss of his legs?

CX.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I gotta say thats pretty amazing those artificial limbs not as good as limbs but hey.

To the second poster, photo shop???

Come on you dont think that do you?

As far as bush doing this stunt, its kinda sick isnt it?

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WithoutEqual
Total photoshop. That's not a real soldier, and the shorts arn't real either, neither is the dog. BushCo had the NSA CGI in the jogging clothing, dog ect. The real picture actually showed Bush decapitating Middle Eastern children with the help of reptilians, but since they couldn't show that we got this instead.

No I don't actually believe that, but I'm sure the usual suspects will show up in this tread and find some conspiracy in it.

I'm really questioning what the motivation was on this posting. These "usual suspects" that are going to "show up" and find "a conspiracy"?

Seems like you belittled the entire situation and found a way to mock people before anything even happened. I don't know, maybe I am missing some hilarious meaning in it. I thought most presidents did stuff like this, and I wouldn't use this guy's hardship of losing his legs as advantage to pursue an agenda against fellow members on this site. When this thread was first started, I had to look twice to see if there was a meaning I hadn't caught the first time. Didn't see anything still. So I thought, ok, the man has gone jogging with the president.

I didn't think, "wow, I can use this to get at people and inflame them..."

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
No niteboy, the problem is, the guy (Bush) can't even take a leak without you guys (usual suspects) saying theres a conspiracy involved. One way or another, even though it'll have nothing to do with the discussion Abu Gahrab, dead Iraqi civilians, and lies that got us into Iraq will be brought up, for no other reason than to start a political crap storm. I dont like Bush, didn't vote for him, so don't for one second think I'm defending him, but you folks will find a conspiracy anywhere you want one.

Like a pit bull foaming out the mouth y'all lie in wait for any and every article involving Bush to sling your usual political crap around. Maybe, just maybe, if we could put politics aside for awhile we could actually fix the way things are going. But that'll never happen, cause conservatives and democrats can't act like adults. EVER.

I'm sure if a liberal wins the Presidential election in 2008 then it'll be conservatives looking everywhere for a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If you ask me, which your not lol.
All politicians are the same whoever you vote for, maybe a few different policies, but life continues with bad leaders who make bad decisions.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
I gotta say thats pretty amazing those artificial limbs not as good as limbs but hey.

To the second poster, photo shop???

Come on you dont think that do you?

As far as bush doing this stunt, its kinda sick isnt it?

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Denied]

I guess you didn't read my entire post. Mainly the part where I said "No I don't actually believe that"

So this stunts sick? I'm sure the soldier would be smart enough to figure that out. I suppose it's just as big of a disgusting "stunt" as Clntion giving the MOH to Randy Shugart and Gary Gordon considering they were killed cause good ole Clinton wouldn't let them have any airsupport other than oh-6's doing gun runs.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I watched the story on CNN, and besides the fact that Bush was always sure to address the cameras, rather than the soldier, I am still impressed.

For him to look a soldier in his eyes, and tell him that he appreciates his service, is nothing less than i would expect, and Bush has met that expectation...
I give credit where it is due... good for you Mr president...

now get away from the photo opps, and go fix our gas prices, and resolve our foreign issues...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The problem is, is that there are so many different topics to be discussed involving Bush and his administration's bad judgements. So, ofcourse he will me under a microscope.

But, there is no reason to insult the integrity of this site, either. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

Edit: I am referring to withoutequal's posting

[edit on 29/6/06 by Mouth]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
If you ask me, which your not lol.
All politicians are the same whoever you vote for, maybe a few different policies, but life continues with bad leaders who make bad decisions.

I totally agree with you. Sure the left and right differ on somethings, but for the most part they're the exact same thing. That's why I say, even if Gore would have won, we'd still be in Iraq, going through the exact same problems.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Didn't they do that same thing in a movie? Yes it was Cuba Gooding playing as Carl Brashear and he was jogging with the president as well. he lost his limbs in an underwater diving accident. The movie was "A Few Good Men". I guess he figured if it worked in the movie it might help his points.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
The problem is, is that there are so many different topics to be discussed involving Bush and his administration's bad judgements. So, ofcourse he will me under a microscope.

But, there is no reason to insult the integrity of this site, either. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

Edit: I am referring to withoutequal's posting

[edit on 29/6/06 by Mouth]

I'm not insulting the integrity of this site, I'm insulting the intregrity of you folks. Are you familiar with the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? Read the story, and you'll see your doing more harm than good when it comes to getting rid of Bush. It's people like the "usual suspects" that make the Anti-Bush side look desperate and silly, and believe it or not, that does in a way help Bush. Not only that, but this is the same site where people actually believed someone was talking to a Lion Person Alien, and where some people believed in Project Serpo, so seriously man, give me a break, posts like that insult the site more than I ever could.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I watched the story on CNN, and besides the fact that Bush was always sure to address the cameras, rather than the soldier, I am still impressed.

Exactly what I noticed, Bush focusing on the camera in most shots. A publicity stunt.

For him to look a soldier in his eyes, and tell him that he appreciates his service, is nothing less than i would expect, and Bush has met that expectation...

Yet I can't help but have respect for Bush to openly show his respect (and yes I really believe he has) for the troops. If i recall the soldier actually wrote to Bush asking to run? If this is the case I do not see how any member can attack his actions in seeing the injured first hand, in a way he isn't turning a blind eye by the fact that troops are dying and are being injured...

As the saying goes give respect where respect is due.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Knights]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
No disrespect, if you like the guy, but.

As the saying goes give respect where respect is due.

To me it just seems like a PR stunt, of course he would say nice things to the guy.
The fact that the soldier "wrote in" to run with the president, is nice, but the PR people jumped straight onto that.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
"....I watched the story on CNN, and besides the fact that Bush was always sure to address the cameras, rather than the soldier, I am still impressed.

".... now get away from the photo opps...."

REPLY: The story missing here is that the President met with this guy well over two years ago; it's an old photo. The soldier mentioned to Bush that he knew Bush jogged, and asked if he could go with him. Bush told him when he was able to call him, and they'd set up a date to do it.

The time arrived, the call was made, and the president kept his word.

I forget if White House staff or military photogs took the photo, but the fact that the White House press office didn't make it publically available for so long refutes the idea of it being a "photo op."

".... and go fix our gas prices ...."

REPLY: Government doesn't and shouldn't have any control over fuel prices. They are set by the market. I'm sure not going to try and explain economics here. The fact is the oil companies only profit 8 cents for every dollar invested; that's hardly "gouging."
State and federal taxes equal a "profit" of three to four times what the oils companies make.... for doing absolutely nothing. Now THAT'S gouging.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

".... even if Gore would have won, we'd still be in Iraq, going through the exact same problems.

REPLY: HA HA HA Actually, if Algore was in office (whew.... was THAT close), Saddam would still be in office, and we'd be waiting for results of an environmental impact statement.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

".... even if Gore would have won, we'd still be in Iraq, going through the exact same problems.

REPLY: HA HA HA Actually, if Algore was in office (whew.... was THAT close), Saddam would still be in office, and we'd be waiting for results of an environmental impact statement.

Keep dreaming. Clintion came to office with the same dreams, and ohh look we end up in the the Balkans for no good reason, to switch sides multiple times in one week, with no exit stratigy, and guess what, were still there. Let me guess, the same people making millions/billions in Iraq making bases, taking care of troops, are also in Balkans. You're damn right, I mean hell we've been in Iraq, how long? I guess it's easy to forget about other places other presidents send troops.

If that were the case, he'd suffer the same exact fate as JFK. You people still don't get it, President's don't decide if we're going to war, the people that pay for them to get to the WH do. You jack with the Military Industrial Complex, they'll get you out of their way, it's just that simple. I really don't think Johnson wanted to continue involvment in S.E. Asia, but what the hell could he do, he saw what happend to Kennedy, you think anyone would have the balls to screw with those kind of people?

Let me guess, you really think the U.S. is a democracy.

War's are never fought for freedom, their fought for money.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Quotes from: WithoutEqual

Clintion came to office with the same dreams, and ohh look we end up in the the Balkans for no good reason, to switch sides multiple times in one week, with no exit stratigy, and guess what, were still there.

REPLY: Yep; true. I'm still waiting for the Left to complain about an "exit strategy" for Bosnia; and we never should have gone there in the first place. I seem to remember Clinton saying "The troops wll be home by Christmas".

"Let me guess, the same people making millions/billions in Iraq making bases..."

REPLY: Do YOU work for free? Anyway, we need bases, and the Iraqi troops will, also, in the future; we've done that in every war.

I mean hell we've been in Iraq, how long?

REPLY: Not long; and more people die or are injured on our roads/highways in one year that have since we've been at war in Iraq/Afghanistan.

President's don't decide if we're going to war...

REPLY: Believe what you want, or are taught.

Let me guess, you really think the U.S. is a democracy.

REPLY: No, America never has been a democracy, and hopefully never will. They don't work.

War's are never fought for freedom, their fought for money.

REPLY: I believe the 12 million people in Iraq who voted in free elections (for the first time in 40 years) might differ with you, as would most of the population of Iraq and Afghanistan.... and don't forget the rest of Europe.

(Edit for typo correction)

[edit on 30-6-2006 by zappafan1]

Ram

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It is photoshop... No doubt in my mind.
oh well - im not sure bout that...What ever.

Go go Illuminati...

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Ram]

top topics

join