It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

xbox 360 you love it dont you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ok lets keep it simple, they are feeding us technolgy in drips and drabs, first example, the new XBOX 360, if its new why does it use tecnology that we have been using on our pc for at least 10 years hd is nothing new all monitors can produce a hd picture, if the people that made the things were indeed free we would have a far better console, they market whatever they want in such a way mostly saying the thing is new, and millions of people worldwide buy it, better example why is there no cure for hiv/aids, I will tell you why because whoever came up with discease was using technology 200 years more advanced than any kind of technology known publicy, therefore if anybody tryed to find a cure they would fail beacuse they are using old or the latest technolgy, come on my fellow people please wake up we can make a stand, lets take all the technology back that we or mankind created and use it in a positive way

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Care to back up anything your saying with any credible sources?

In all seriousness It's pretty common knowledge that gov/mil do posses technology that has not yet made it to the public domain.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by R1ghteous]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ok lets keep it simple, they are feeding us technolgy in drips and drabs, first example, the new XBOX 360

Well your clearly 'not in the know'

I must ask what does this post have to do with anything. first you talk about video games then you talk about AIDS. Then you tell us to wake up to your reality of random ranting and raving. The only thing in your post that is factual is that "all monitors can display HD".

mod edit: Please use quote tags and there is no need to quote entire posts

[edit on 30-6-2006 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Console systems have always trailed the faster home computers. The xBox 360 is no different. The cost of manufacturing the most recent technologies is well beyond what the average home user wants to pay for a gaming console.

Microft does not manufacture the parts that make up an XBox 360. The parts come from suppliers, like usual, who operate in different markets, which determine price based on supply and demand, etc...

If Microsoft wanted, they could have come up with a gaming console thats many times more powerful than an XBox 360. And you'd probably have to sell a kidney to afford it.

Nobody is 'feeing us technology in dribs and drabs'. These 'new technologies' are property of the entities who finance it's research and devlopment.

Look at what happened to RAMBUS. Perfect example of a company who's fantastic new technology was overlooked because of their greed and bad business practices. The RAM I had in my PC back in 1999 was operating at 800Mhz through dual channels while everyone else was chuggin along with good ol' PC166 SDRAM. Of course, I had to pay a premium; $1400 for 512MB of 800Mhz RDRAM at the time. You can get a gig of faster stuff nowadays for less than a quarter of that price.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
the general public just have to accept the steady flow of technology. just saying that the military are something like 500 years ahead in computer technology does not do us public anygood.
we cannot force microsoft or sony to release hwat they really have in there labs, technology like everything seems to have a slow evolution in the public eyes.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
In answer to your question. Yes, I love my precious.

It calls to me, even now... I can hear it all the way from work.

It demands I play Oblivion when I get home...

Yes, my precious....

top topics

join