It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair laid bare: the article that may get you arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is an absolute must read! This article was posted in The Independent this morning.

The Independent

In the guise of fighting terrorism and maintaining public order, Tony Blair's Government has quietly and systematically taken power from Parliament and the British people. The author charts a nine-year assault on civil liberties that reveals the danger of trading freedom for security - and must have Churchill spinning in his grave .

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Very interesting to read how many controversial laws were put in place lately, and how Blair has attacked the media for complaining about it. Here is a short section of the article:

Last year - rather late in the day, I must admit - I started to notice trends in Blair's legislation which seemed to attack individual rights and freedoms, to favour ministers (politicians appointed by the Prime Minister to run departments of government) over the scrutiny of Parliament, and to put in place all the necessary laws for total surveillance of society.

There was nothing else to do but to go back and read the Acts - at least 15 of them - and to write about them in my weekly column in The Observer. After about eight weeks, the Prime Minister privately let it be known that he was displeased at being called authoritarian by me. Very soon I found myself in the odd position of conducting a formal e-mail exchange with him on the rule of law, I sitting in my London home with nothing but Google and a stack of legislation, the Prime Minister in No 10 with all the resources of government at his disposal. Incidentally, I was assured that he had taken time out of his schedule so that he himself could compose the thunderous responses calling for action against terrorism, crime, and antisocial behaviour.

The day after the exchange was published, the grudging truce between the Government and me was broken. Blair gave a press conference, in which he attacked media exaggeration, and the then Home Secretary, Charles Clarke, weighed in with a speech at the London School of Economics naming me and two other journalists and complaining about "the pernicious and even dangerous poison" in the media.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Not a reply here but a question. What is with the avatar of the NK looney. If you like him that's your business, but wellll....................

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilwolf
Not a reply here but a question. What is with the avatar of the NK looney. If you like him that's your business, but wellll....................

This is irrelevant to this topic, dont you think? Check how I named the image...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Rise of the Police state - UK Style.

New World Order forming in front of our very eyes.

Can't wait for our Goverment to accept such laws.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Good link Zion.

I've noticed this too. Its a great plan, suppress the masses all in the name of making things safer for them.

Orwell was right. !!

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Well At last someone has hit the nail on the head, blair is a ego manic, and is bringing laws that take away our freedom and lets him and his pals do what they want how they want ,and woe betide anyone who dares question him.

You might find yourselve locked up without trail for a long time, as you would be classed as a threat to national security.

After nearly 11 years of a labour goverment with blair at the helm, what has he to show for it. British manufactoring is nearly all dead, The British army under funded, under equipped and unable to do their job, without some desk jockey in goverment deciding that they have committed murder. Sex offenders working with our kids in school, Crime out of control, when you get a longer jail term for growing weed in your loft then you do for raping a baby and photographing it.

hijackers allowed to claim alysum, ilegal imgration out of control. children getting knifed to death at school

Our health system is brankrupt, i could go on and on and on. but i wont, needless to say blair is a W***er but then he just one man and the whole system is flawed.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
You are exactly right Zion Mainframe. The Elephant is right tin the middle of the room doing cart wheels and nobody even sees it. A perfect example of this was the exchange of last nights Hanitty and combs show between combs and a guess, who wrote a book exposeing the secret treaties and goings on in the UN to dis-arm Americans. Combs, did what he always does blatantly denies everything. He makes the show vertuely impossible to watch.

One thing is for shore Sean Hanity better get his head out of the sandon these issues and stop being a "despite of " republican. All roads lead to global dictatorship, both Demacrat and Republican. Most people dont understand or even know it, but that seat has already been taken by the most powerful and influential man in the world today- Javier solana.

It is essential every lover of freedom to research this man. You will find that he is virtuely the sourse of every major peace agreement and treaty alive today, from the Euro-Med to the Insentive packages drafted for Iran to the peace treaties between Isreal and the Palistinians.

For those of you who may have never heard of this man Javier Solana it is ironc to allso note that up until June 06, 2006 almost nothing has ever been written about him in the media besides perhaps some single sentence acknowledgement, Solana has now exploded on the front row of the media scene starting on 06/06/06, a date many believed that the Anticrist will be revealed. In my opinion, He has indeed been revealed.

by 2010 we will no longer enjoy, rather take for granted the freedoms we have ammassed in this country we will be the slaves of a larger global dictatorship. I believe Solana will be at the helm. If you doubt it continue to watch the peace process in the middle east Solana will have a confirmed deal between Isreal and palastine befor mid 2007-bank on it

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The Parallels going on here and there are amazing. Coincidence or planned jointly? They may have fancy different names but its still the same underneath it all.

Pie

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Benjamin Franklin:
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."

We are all doomed.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
news.independent.co.uk...

b]From The Article
Chakrabarti, who once worked as a lawyer in the Home Office, explains: "If you throw live frogs into a pan of boiling water, they will sensibly jump out and save themselves. If you put them in a pan of cold water and gently apply heat until the water boils they will lie in the pan and boil to death. It's like that."

That is an accurate and scary description of the seeping authoritarianism sweeping the UK, and indeed the US.

From The Article
In another example of the Government's draconian stance on political protest, Steven Jago, 36, a management accountant, yesterday became the latest person to be charged under the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act.

On 18 June, Mr Jago carried a placard in Whitehall bearing the George Orwell quote: "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." In his possession, he had several copies of an article in the American magazine Vanity Fair headlined "Blair's Big Brother Legacy", which were confiscated by the police. "The implication that I read from this statement at the time was that I was being accused of handing out subversive material," said Mr Jago.

Mr Porter said: "The police told Mr Jago this was 'politically motivated' material, and suggested it was evidence of his desire to break the law. I therefore seek your assurance that possession of Vanity Fair within a designated area is not regarded as 'politically motivated' and evidence of conscious law-breaking."

Scotland Yard has declined to comment.

Enemies of the state?

Maya Evans 25

The chef was arrested at the Cenotaph in Whitehall reading out the names of 97 British soldiers killed in Iraq. She was the first person to be convicted under section 132 of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act, which requires protesters to obtain police permission before demonstrating within one kilometre of Parliament.

Helen John 68, and Sylvia Boyes 62

The Greenham Common veterans were arrested in April by Ministry of Defence police after walking 15ft across the sentry line at the US military base at Menwith Hill in North Yorkshire. Protesters who breach any one of 10 military bases across Britain can be jailed for a year or fined £5,000.

Brian Haw 56

Mr Haw has become a fixture in Parliament Square with placards berating Tony Blair and President Bush. The Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 was designed mainly with his vigil in mind. After being arrested, he refused to enter a plea. However, Bow Street magistrates' court entered a not guilty plea on his behalf in May.

Walter Wolfgang 82

The octogenarian heckled Jack Straw, the Foreign Secretary, during his speech to the Labour Party conference. He shouted "That's a lie" as Mr Straw justified keeping British troops in Iraq. He was manhandled by stewards and ejected from the Brighton Centre. He was briefly detained under Section 44 of the 2000 Terrorism Act.

When I think.....what is happening to my country, I want to weep.

It is a nightmare....seemingly sometimes, it feels as if you are the only one who can see it.....it is the oncoming of a train, and you feel bound to the tracks.

Walter Wolfgang is a holocaust survivor.

Once, the UK stood up and fought authoritarianism and totalitarianism.

We fought the Nazis.

Now, we British must muster our strength and our durability once more as we face the onslaught of our own government.

There is still hope, but it is a light that is fading with each passing moment.

Do not despair or admit defeat with the fading of the light.

Fight, fight, fight, into the darkening of the night.

It is up to us, the people, to see the dawn we want to see, for if we don't make a stand, the dawn we shall be subject to will be of no difference to the dead of night.

Where there is darkness, light a candle.

Let the candle never go out.

Never.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The deal between solana and israel and many others was set in stone jan 07

new topics

top topics

join