It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really Reptilian?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
I think we've probably all seen that. What we are doing is discussing it in the context of whether we beleive Icke or not, not whether we have seen a movie.

My your a grumpy one. I doubt that everyone has seen it.
And the movie is far more entertaining than listening to David Icke or discussing whether you believe his theories or not.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy

My your a grumpy one. I doubt that everyone has seen it.
And the movie is far more entertaining than listening to David Icke or discussing whether you believe his theories or not.

You have already posted that movie in this thread. There is no real need to post it twice, other than to be condescending, which is what you are doing.

And just because you believe some movie is more entertaining that listening to theories, that is your belief, not everyones.

So post something relevant.

[edit on 6/30/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That is one of the things I find most interesting about the entire Reptilian scenario. There were many ancient cultures who made reference to lizard-like creatures, some were even worshiped as gods. That mixed with the abductee acounts as you said makes an interesting question. Where would all these people get this idea? This is what leads me to believe that perhaps there is a race of alien that resembles a reptile-like creature that once inhabited or visited the earth.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That's very true. I was only saying that because it was your second post about the movie. I do not mean to change your way of thinking. I would appreciate very much, as I'm sure everyone would, for you to contribute to this thread with your theories and opinions. However, if you find the movie more entertaining than this thread, then perhaps you should go watch it instead of continuing to post on this thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just to give surrender_dorothy some form of acknowlegement:
Yes, They Live is an interesting move. Less so because of the readily apparent references. If you were looking for direct reptoid references V would probably touch on this a bit better on that level. Indirectly however there is some good stuff found in "They Live" such as the references to "OBEY" "Multiply" "Serve" found in all the various forms of media and advertising. That is more true that we commonly like to think!

There we go.

Moreso following where the topic is going. Yeah ancient history is something else isn't it? I'm not sure about the reptile and serpent connections in ancient civs leading to reptoids, but it is fun to ponder, no doubt. I do however think that ancient civs were guided or directed in some fashion for sure. That may sound strange, but it seems that there is commonality to be found. What's more, some of the feats of ancient days and some of the structures whose ages are in despute, really intrigue me.

X

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys
That may sound strange, but it seems that there is commonality to be found. What's more, some of the feats of ancient days and some of the structures whose ages are in despute, really intrigue me.

I completely agree with respect to some of the ancient structures and feats being incredible, especially for that time, (hell, some even for this time). What kind of commonality are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

So you think believing in reptilians is crazier than claiming to be the son of God??

Why is it David is always quoted out of context when it comes to this statement? He didn't claim to be a son of God at all.. at least not in the simplistic sense you would assume. He meant that ALL life (or more specifically, particles of light), together forms an infinite consciousness - that we are all our own Gods, everyone's a part of everything.

As for Reptilians, yes it's the Reptilian part I find the hardest to swallow. The shapeshifting part is very difficult to believe as the phenomenon can only be physically perceived at certain frequencies - and our senses do blinker us somewhat in this regard. But I find most other aspects very believable. The symbolism we see throughout our historical record, for example. In our art. Embedded in culture. And it's also embedded in our brains - a proven scientific fact. This is the "R-complex" in our brains. Responsible for our fight-or-flight tendencies. Fear and obsession. Could it be (the horrible truth?) that we were *always* a hybrid race right from the very beginning? Perhaps we all have the ability to perceive these shapeshifting dimensions due to this very aspect hotwired into our core - we only need to unlock it! However we are locked into our 5-sense prisons, our religious dogma, scientific dogma, political dogma - only a tiny minority manage to ascend and escape - to awaken. So then you have people like David Icke offering up this alternate 'truth' and people are quick to label him insane or a kook (as we've seen here in this thread) - some people are so incensed with him, they are determined to ruin him - to destroy him. See his website to get the latest on that, it's very sad.

So, even though there's no concrete 'proof' for any of this Reptilian stuff, there's plenty of interesting alternative thought out there worthy of digestion. There are 2 Icke aspects for me where he's right on the money: the Illuminati agenda and the cutting edge science under discussion in his books. They all seem to ring true.. the Reptilian stuff is the hardest to swallow but there is evidence out there. Clues. Portents. A puzzle behind the public eye. I am prepared to believe.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by RiotComing]

good point made.

its really hard for people to believe in the existance of any et's, especially reptialian.

and about the whole matrix thing.

thats true too... it just depends on how you look at it.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Be back in a few with links for you but the most interesting one would be various structures pointing to stars and or mirror-ing groups of stars/constellations.

Folks most readily know of the alleged Pyramid correlation to Orion's belt type thing. But there are actually several others such as a group of cambodian temples that mirror the constellation Draco -the dragon(interesting theme al a reptoid, no?)

Gonna go find you some links on it.
Angkor Wat
Egypt's Star Song Temples(kinda fruity, but eh) I make no claims as to the overall message of this site, just something I found real quick.

Graham Hancock Wiki(seemed to jive with above stuff)

Also some sumerian tablets that appear to show a knowledge of the planets that is quite unexplainable. Which also seems to correlate with the Mayans, whom seem to have had fairly grand astronomic understanding.

X

Edit for divine chronic(nice name) I'd say that I have no doubt of alien life existing. I am sure it does on other planets and it is very likely intelligent. Some may even be more advanced than us. I do though have trouble about accepting visitation to earth or the sol system without firsthand proof. I think it's possible, maybe even likely, but really can't be sure.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Xatnys]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the links. I'll look over those in detail when I get home from work tonight. There does seem to be a lot of very interesting information in there though. Can't wait to read through it. It does make you think about a lot of things when you take time to look at the past though doesn't it. It's really quite amazing to think about how such ancient people had such advanced ideas. But that opens up a new door to me, if some other race was visiting earth to teach us and show us things, why did they stop. It seems like we've been kind of left in the dark now to me. Or perhaps it's all part of some larger plan we know nothing about.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, my theory would be that as technology has increased on the planet, we can almost graph a similar rise in corruption, mistrust, and hate. Eventually our "filth" caused them to take a less direct role.

The above assumes they were a nice, caring race. If they were super advanced and hostile however, I see a much more bleak picture:

They wouldn't need to fire a shot in order to control us. Make us find and identify our very worth in that of naturally occuring resources, and fiat monetary systems. Give religions to add to control. They could use a mix of resources and religion to sway various factions of said planet into what amounts to almost perpetual tribal warfare with ever increasing technology fuled by the very resources and fiat money we hold so dear.

When one looks through history, religion and resources have been our main factors for war and hording/mistrust/corruption/enslavement. Maybe we haven't been an autonomous planet for quite some time......

But that gets into some of my current research which isn't done quite yet.

X

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well your current research goes right along the same lines as what I've been looking into for quite some time now. Your opinions on how religion and resources tie into this are very similar to mine. Everything that drives our society, and has driven our society, seem to always be the basis for war. Whether it be, as you said, religion, money, natural resources, etc. These are all things that have been created (with the obvious exception of natural resources) to keep us busy in my opinion. If said aliens were controlling us, these things would occupy us enough for them to do whatever it is they need to do.

Having said that, I do feel as though that isn't the case. I don't feel as though we are being controlled right now. I think it is entirely possible, however, that these aliens have given us all these things (money, religion, etc.) as a kind of prop. These "props" make watching our species interesting. What good would we be to study if all we did was get along?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Very interesting.

I see what you're saying. However it could be argued that by allowing said "props" they are in fact controlling us. Does not the scientist place objects into a relatively controlled environment to observe the reactions? If we were indeed to find ourselves in a rather controlled environment, then people such as ourselves would have no issue with regarding the whole "shabang" as a control mechanism.

Then we'd have to see just how far the control extends. In a David Icke model of control, it extends from these "reptoids" down to the aristocracy, the line of direct control that is. The aristocracy in turn manipulates events through various organizations and societies to achieve whatever desired result.

Another view could be more akin to something like a "RTS game". Control limited to whatever external intelligence is observing us. And all "units"(aristocracy, common men etc) are but pawns that can't see the forest for the trees.

Either way, they both lead to the same question: "Is there anything that can be done about this?"

I can't honestly say one way or the other. I know I've always personally(since my "awakening")valued my percieved independence and sense of self motivation and direction. So my personalit(at least on the surface) tells me I may want to resist.

However, can one ant bring down an elephant?

X

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
other ETs wouldnt seem so advanced to us if we were really free.

by free, im mean free of ignorance,lust for power,fear, and hate.

we are way above these reptilians. simpley because they're consciousness only allows them to go that far. there is no good or bad. its just a way of thinking, and lack of knowledge. Reptialians are highly advanced, able to survive,and recreate. But they are missing passion, and love.. or spirit which is everything. They are soulless.

the time we are living in now determines wether we will grow to become a purely spiritual being, or a purely physical being. That is what its all about. there is no bad or good. but there is light and dark. And sometimes we arent able to see what is the right decision. what is right? it's strictly up to the perciever. What may seem right to one person, may seem totally wrong to another. It all depends on where you want to go.

what we call satan isnt really some guy with horns. Its a force. like god.

remember there is no bad or good.... its the knowledge you choose.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That's very true. I look at it as the "scientist" giving his test subjects some toys, and watching them play. I think that is what we are seeing today. Whoever is watching over us, is simply giving us toys to play with, and then just watching us play with them. That is only one theory though. And that is also assuming said watchers are peaceful and only wish to study us.

I think, as you said, the scenario in which they would not be as peaceful is much more frightening. If that is the case, we could be part of any number of experiments, most of which we probably wouldn't want to know about. It really begs the question as to what is going on.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
divine chronic,

As a buddhist, I can certainly agree with your view of no bad a good. However that doesn't absolve any person(or alien whatnot whatever) of positive and negative.

Having said that, wouldn't a hostile and controlling race be guilty of causing suffering on others. In day to day life we can see the suffering around us and while we have been responsible for at least some suffering of ourselves and others, if we were also being controlled by something else, they too would have a hand in our suffering.

And yes, I don't believe in "satan" as such either. And I do believe in the forces of positive and negative. So yes I agree with a lot of what you've said.

X

EDIT- nyk537, indeed it is scarey to even ponder what would ultimately come from a hostile alien control mechanism. I'm unsure any of us will ever actually be able to figure out the full extent of any control, if it even exists. But it is probably one of the most important questions regarding our entire existence!

X

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic
...they are souless

Did they ever? Or did they choose to live as purely physical beings?

the time we are living in now determines wether we will grow to become a purely spiritual being, or a purely physical being. That is what its all about. there is no bad or good. but there is light and dark. And sometimes we arent able to see what is the right decision. what is right? it's strictly up to the perciever. What may seem right to one person, may seem totally wrong to another. It all depends on where you want to go.

what we call satan isnt really some guy with horns. Its a force. like god.

remember there is no bad or good.... its the knowledge you choose.

Do you feel that this 'choice' is an indivisual choice or a collective choice for the entire race? I have read so many cotradictory views on this

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Where would all these people get this idea? .

media. Not that this accounts for everything, but as I demonstrated in my post at the bottom of page 2, reptilians have been in our pop culture for a very long time, and strangely the descriptions and details about the fictitious reptilians in films and tv shows are very similar if not the exact same as the descriptions given by alledged abductees.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by CaptainKirk]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I also agree with both of you on the no good or evil viewpoint. I also think you are correct in saying that a controlling alien race would be quilty of inflicting suffering on others. Even if these creatures were not causing us any immediate physical or other harm, the fact that they are controlling our lives, is to me, a form of suffering. Knowing that everything around me is being controlled and manipulated without my consent is extreme suffering.

So know the question is, is there any way we can tell what's going on? Is there even any way to EVER know?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainKirk

Where would all these people get this idea? .

media. Not that this accounts for everything, but as I demonstrated in my post at the bottom of page 2, reptilians have been in our pop culture for a very long time, and strangely the descriptions and details about the fictitious reptilians in films and tv shows are very similar if not the exact same as the descriptions given by alledged abductees.

[edit on 30-6-2006 by CaptainKirk]

I believe its stranger that the descriptions given by the abductees are the same as the fictional reptilians, considering thats probably where they got their description from. If it werent for the ones we see on television and movies, I don't think we would have any abductees talking about reptiles.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't say I believe in Anything, no I don't even BELIEVE in greys, I just keep a very open mind to all of this but to believe on something with no concrete proof is IMO the ignorant thing to do.

If Reptillians are real I think they are from our own planet, evolved from the Dinosaurs, but after volcanoes and meteors threatning their civilization they basically moved inside earth and created the whole mythology of hell and demons.

I don't think it would be far fetched for a civilization 1000's of years ahead of us to be able to shapeshift using technology or maybe even advanced psychic powers of some sort but I see no reason why they would want to influence our civilization. (unless they get a big kick out of controlling us).

I believe in Aliens, I believe they are probably visiting us or living with us but i'm not saying which race is real or not but BOTH Reptillians and Greys are being reported and not always but nutcases.

The craziest race out there may be the Nordics, aparently they put in their genes in some apes and we became humanity, esspecially if you believe Meyer's claims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join