It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I was just wondering what some of you thought about zombies? Do you think it's possible for the dead to come back? I know some believe this can be acheived through some form of voodoo, but do you really believe it? If not voodoo, then perhaps some other form of magic can raise the dead. I've also heard reference from some to zombies at the end of times. Some interperet the Bible saying, "the dead shall rise" to mean zombies. What do you think?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Vampires can produce zombies by not completely draining one of they're victims. The victim becomes obsessed with the orgasmic sensation of being drained and will do anything for it's master in the hope that maybe one day they will do it again. This however is highly unlikely because vampires prefer fresh meat and almost immediately the blood o a zombie starts to turn sour.
It is also claimed that powerful wizards or "necromancers" can create zombies but I have never met anyone who has claimed to be able to do this.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
IF zombies were ever to appear, it would do with something related to one of the government's failed experiments, some sort of ray which destroys the weak minded and transforms them into mindless zombies, an alien pre-emptive strike to take the Earth, etc.

P.S. I do watch a lot of zombie movies lol

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Perhaps I should have just created a thread to talk about zombies instead of postulate their existence. Zombies are awesome.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just got back from buying a pair of shoes at the local mall - do Zombies exist? Rest assured, they do - and they travel in packs.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think zombies (as in the type created with voodoo and such) are really 'back.' I don't think a body has life of it's own--if its soul leaves, it goes right back into the organic food chain.

I say this because I was an RN for 11 years and witnessed many people's moments of passing over to the other side. And it's not like their spirit dies, but rather like it departs. You can tell the moment it happens, or at least I could.

And so anything that made a body bereft of its soul, to me, would be more like a puppeteer. And not alive, just pretending. Surely their eyes (windows of the soul) would show it! I've seen people who have eyes that are totally cold and I felt like they might have no potential for any remorse within them, for any ill deed they might do. Thankfully I haven't seen very many like that.

When christians talk about resurrection, they see it as God putting the soul and body back together--but I always shudder because in my mind's eyes, I see zombies!

It would seem a more healthy form of regenerated life would be to put a living soul into a new body (new wineskin)--and I think the soul is somehow the memory, maybe dormant but eventually aware.

I don't know.

I think we get confused because of our eyesight--thinking that what we see as animated is what has the potential for regeneration after the animation ceases. But I think it is the unseen which animates, and that the unseen is master over both the seen and unseen. Zombie type animation seems like going in the back door instead of the front....

Kinda creepy.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
that is ready is put into Humans and activated, you will cease to be a Human and become a 'Zombie', Cyborg, Robot of the 'insane' controllers ...maybe that is what you were looking for...Lolove n luck...good hunting !...Infinity

Ave Maria !

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Cant they use voodoo and make people zombies for real... i mean from what i was told they kinda fake the death of a person it looks real it seems scientificly real but they are still alive barely but they are then they drug them and keep them drug'd so they look dead and act like zombies.... anyone know if thats true?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Cant they use voodoo and make people zombies for real... i mean from what i was told they kinda fake the death of a person it looks real it seems scientificly real but they are still alive barely but they are then they drug them and keep them drug'd so they look dead and act like zombies.... anyone know if thats true?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mick

I'm pretty sure it is true....I can't remember the name of what it is they use, but it is done. It's awful, too--it's robbery, IMO. I'm thinking that the person either never, or very rarely, returns to the way they were. But I'm just going off of the top of my head, remembering some things I learned about quite some time ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here is the wiki-dope on Zombies--maybe a few clues on what to google for and find out more details.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ain't nobody coming back. Once you're dead, you're dead. Unfortunate fact until someone proves otherwise. When I see Elvis doing a tune in front of me, then you can come back. Until then, show me something.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The idea of a rotting corpse brought back to life possibly has more to do with the work of novels and movies. However the idea of zombies as drugged individuals, pronounced dead and then buried alive in a coffin awaiting complete brainwashing appears to hold more truth.

An American biologist Wade Davis suspected that some mysterious substances were used in zombification and he set about to find them. He discovered two noteworthy constituents:

- tetrodotoxin – obtained from puffer fish – an effective nerve poison, inducing deep paralysis.

- A fluid – secreted by the skin glands of the highly poisonous cane toad Bufo marinus – an effective hallucinogen and strong anaesthetic.

Other drugs such as ‘zombie cucumber’ Datura stramonium were thought to aid in the resuscitation and mind control of the victim.

It was also found that if persons that had been paralysed using the above drugs and left in their coffins too long, the effects of the mind controlling drug Datura stramonium were enhanced due to oxygen starvation, also adding to irreversible brain damage.

I love this sort of stuff, so if you're actually really interested, please check out:

More here
and
One of the many ATS topics on zombies

...in addition, check out "The Serpent and the Rainbow" by the aforementioned Wade Davis. It's a really great book on the subject, and the best answer you'll get.

Hey, notbuynit, do you really believe that? Have you never seen any one of the hundreds of thousands of medically-documented cases of people being revived from death? I find that hard to believe...

top topics

join