It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Arrests 7 Palestinian Cabinet Members

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Every day Israel is not condemned as a terrorist nation is an indictment on the international community. An Israeli soldier has been kidnapped and the Israeli government think it is acceptable to deprive the entire Gaza Strip of clean drinking water, electricity, access in and out, violate a sovereign nations airspace (in itself and act of war) and destroy already strained food sources.

This is state sponsored terrorism.
[edit on 29/6/06 by subz]

and what exactly is hamas and hezbollah? the boy scouts!!
....they start this crap and have even dragged america into it, yet its "un-humanitarian" to take the war that they so despearately want back to them?

ever hear dont throw stones if you live in a glass house? apparently this escapes the palestinians....

dont kill israelis and blow yourselves up to kill as many civilians as possible if you dont want to live in the dark and drink stagnant water...

I think your only looking at one side of the coin..... how many concessions and attempts at peace has israel made? and what happens? some palestinian idiot gets the bright idea to go blow themselves up to kill Israelis.

did I miss something here? Oh no! wait....this is the typical hypocrisy spewed over ATS....

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the WATS votes guys, much appreciated

People need to remember that if you sink to the level of terrorists you have no get out of jail free card because they started. That kind of excuse should remain confined to the school playground. "They started" as an excuse to deprive an entire population of drinking water and electricity for hospitals is not going to wash.

Israel has the funding and the infrastructure to tackle Palestinian militants properly. It does not need to resort to summary deprivation and punishment for entire populations. Israel should adhere to international law regardless of whether or not its provoked. That way its free of any condemnation and we can focus on the Palestinian breaches of international law. When Israel acts this way it makes supporting it impossible.

Israel will eventually be punished for its breaches here. The international community wont remained hamstringed by the ghosts of the holocaust forever.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Palestinian gov't should have immediately denounced the kidnapping and vowed to work toward the return of the soldier, and to bring those responsible to justice. And then followed through with it. Then maybe this could have been avoided.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The Palestinian gov't should have immediately denounced the kidnapping and vowed to work toward the return of the soldier, and to bring those responsible to justice. And then followed through with it. Then maybe this could have been avoided.

To my knowledge they did.

Are you incapable of accepting any criticism of the Israeli government? If you're being a zealot with this topic I'll know not to waste my time reasoning with you.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

To my knowledge they did.

It also came as sources in the Gaza Strip revealed that the Palestinian Authority's security forces had, for the first time, begun searching for Shalit in Rafah and Khan Yunis.
The sources said that members of the Preventative Security Service and the General Intelligence Force had secretly deployed hundreds of their men in the streets to try to track down the whereabouts of the solider. They added that some of the security officers had been disguised as Fatah and Hamas militiamen.

Jerusalem Post Article

C'mon now, the military wing of Hamas, of which the majority of the Palestinian government is formed, have no way of controlling their own militia? If they wanted to they could have had the Israeli soldier already in better custody and worked towards defusing this situation.

Anyway you look at it the Hamas led government has done nothing to help this situation whatsoever. They are either so ineffective as to not be able to control their own militia or really do not want to end this situation before it gets downright ugly. Great leadership on their part. Hard to turn Gaza into a more desperate place but Hamas is manging to do that.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I am really tired of hearing this crap that the Isrealis are "Gods chosen people".
If God really chose them over the rest of us, don't you think he would have told us about it?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Chosen for what I would ask. They seem to be God's whipping boy. From getting persecuted from Egyptians to Romans to Germans. And having Zionism hijack their religion for nefarious purposes. If the Jews are chosen, its not in a good sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by crontab
The Arabs attacked Israel, and Israel won. In fighting the war, Israel acquired some additional territory. Israel has attempted over time give back large amounts of that territory in exchange for peace. However, the Palestinians have refused to accept any offer, and continued a perpetual war against Israel.

And why have the A-rabs attacked Israel? Just out of nowhere? Because they have nothing else to do? Israel attempted to GIVE BACK large ammounts of Territory? Now where have you been living? Been under the influence of CAMERA, MEMRI, IANSA and other Zionist-Think Tanks?

Actually if you do not know, the Israeli settlements in West Bank and former settlements in Gaza Strip were built very strategicly. They were built on hill tops, so that they are easily defendable, they are all connected with roads, and they all kind of complete a wall between Palestinian land and Israeli land. Roads, walls, barbedwire and checkpoints carve up the Palestinian territory, which is now under Israeli MILITARY Rule since 1967.

And since 1967, each Israeli government has invested significant resources in establishing and expanding settlements in the Occupied Territories. As a result of this policy, approximately 380,000 Israeli citizens now live on the settlements on the West Bank, including those established in East Jerusalem.

So lets read the Geneva Convetions:

Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War - Article 49

Individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory to the territory of the Occupying Power or to that of any other country, occupied or not, are prohibited, regardless of their motive.

Nevertheless, the Occupying Power may undertake total or partial evacuation of a given area if the security of the population or imperative military reasons do demand. Such evacuations may not involve the displacement of protected persons outside the bounds of the occupied territory except when for material reasons it is impossible to avoid such displacement. Persons thus evacuated shall be transferred back to their homes as soon as hostilities in the area in question have ceased.

The Occupying Power undertaking such transfers or evacuations shall ensure, to the greatest practicable extent, that proper accommodation is provided to receive the protected persons, that the removals are effected in satisfactory conditions of hygiene, health, safety and nutrition, and that members of the same family are not separated.

The Protecting Power shall be informed of any transfers and evacuations as soon as they have taken place.

The Occupying Power shall not detain protected persons in an area particularly exposed to the dangers of war unless the security of the population or imperative military reasons so demand.

The Occupying Power shall not deport or transfer parts of its own civilian population into the territory it occupies.

Seen any Violation by the Israel in this Article?

How about the last point mentioned here?

As you can see, this Settlements are ILLEGAL according to International Law and this parts of PALESTINE are under Israeli Military Rule, which means that this is actually still a time of War. And the establishment of the settlements leads to the violation of the rights of the Palestinians as enshrined in international human rights law. Among other violations, the settlements infringe on the rights to self-determination, equality, property, an adequate standard of living, and freedom of movement.

So the State Sponsored Israeli TERRORISM, in other forms, such as you can read in this post of mine, has been present for a number of years, but ofcourse people do not see that from this perspective. In eyes of the majority the Palestinians are the Terrorists and the Attackers - but how can they be the Attackers, when they are DEFENDING the Land which is rightfully Theirs and which has an ILLEGAL military occupation since 1967 - yet the Israeli always takes the role of the Victim;

How can you be the Victim and the Occupying Army at the SAME TIME?!?!

How come that Israel was the target of at least 65 UN Resolutions and the Palestinians are the target of none?

And when ONE Israeli soldier is captured all hell breaks looks - but on the other hand, there have been 650,000 Palestinians have been detained by Israel since 1967! Currently there are about 9,500 Prisoners imprisoned by Isreal - and ONE Isreali imprisoned by Palestine.

FAIR?

ZERO Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and 4,170 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since September 29, 2000.

FAIR?

The U.S. gives $15,139,178 per day to the Israeli government and military and $232,290 per day to Palestinian NGO’s.

FAIR?

121 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 734 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000.

I am surpised that there are not MORE Israeli soldiers kidnapped by the Palestinians, since they actually do not keep anymore options open to them - apparently the only thing being heard is the sound of gunfire and suicide bombers.

Everything else is Ignored...

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Are you incapable of accepting any criticism of the Israeli government? If you're being a zealot with this topic I'll know not to waste my time reasoning with you.

subz, why don't you knock it off with your snide childish remarks? Provide proof that Palestine immediately offered help, and stop with the name calling.

[edit on 3-7-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hi,

All I see from both camps(pro palestinian and pro Israeli) is finger pointing.

Why does either side here have to be "right" in this situation?

Why do you all feel the need to argue about who is "justified"?

Can either of them truly be justified? Not just in this situation, in the whole dang mess they are in!

The real answer is no. Neither of these factions is right or justified to kidnap the other's personel.

Neither is justified to kill the other's civilian population.

Neither is justified to bring untold amounts of suffering upon BOTH their peoples.

We all sit back here, a world away from this "mess" and critique like armchair generals and non-paid media pundits. If you think about it, it's pretty sick.

Bottom line is there is no "right" to this situation. And what's more is that until these two groups can recognize that, there's no hope for TRUE peace there. Nope.

So go back to your corners, armchair generals. Round two's coming up fast indeed. But just remember that for all your bickering about who's in the "right", you're not helping the situation any. There will be more misery, and more suffering, more toil and more blood, tons. And the arguments over which side is "right" and which is "wrong" will flame on here and elsewhere.

Accomplishing nothing, but fanning the flames.

Peace,

X

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
subz, why don't you knock it off with your snide childish remarks? Provide proof that Palestine immediately offered help, and stop with the name calling.

I'll take that as a yes then.

Great post Soujah

Xatnys, I am not claiming everything the Palestinians do is right. But I can atleast discern Palestinian terrorists from Palestininan civilians. Which is something neither Israel or some members of this board are capable of.

I agree that Palestinian terrorists who target civilians should be arrested and stopped. If they target Israeli soldiers, in a time of occupation, they are not terrorists they are partisans.

Israel on the other hand, cannot excuse its attrocities by claiming Palestinians started it. That is a lie.

[edit on 3/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am really tired of hearing this crap that the Isrealis are "Gods chosen people".
If God really chose them over the rest of us, don't you think he would have told us about it?

who is this "US" you talk about?? it IS in the Bible that the Jews are HIS chosen ppl. like it or not...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snazuolu
who is this "US" you talk about?? it IS in the Bible that the Jews are HIS chosen ppl. like it or not...

Can you please take that discussion to a theology forum thanks, it has no place here

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join