It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arlan Specter considers suing Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I was just wondering what you guys think of this politician? Here is my take on him, he is always challenging the Bush Administration and then does absolutely nothing about it. It's like he is giving all those angry people at the Bush Administration a glimmer of hope that there is a politician left with some cahunas to challenge them but then once the show is over he forgets everything he said. Until the next photo op. To me he seems like part of the plan to keep the masses shut up and content.

I also saw him insist that Attorney General Gonzales did not have to testify under oath. I personally watched this on tv but here is a link that talks about it. Several people objected to him not having to take the oath.
after-words.org...

www.democracynow.org.../06/28/1421216
Sen. Specter Considers Suing Bush Over Signing Statements
In other news from Washington, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Arlen Specter said he is seriously considering suing the White House over President Bush’s use of signing statements. Bush has maintained that he has the right to revise, interpret or disregard hundreds of laws on national security and constitutional grounds. Since his election, Bush has issued more than 750 signing statements – more than all previous presidents combined. Senator Specter raised the possibility of suing the White House during a hearing on the legality of presidential signing statements. At the meeting Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy called the president’s use of signing statements a grave threat to the nation’s constitutional system of checks and balances.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Shamefully I think these guys will do practically anything to get their faces or names in the newspapers. Any free PR they can get they all suck up like a bunch of leeches.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Arlan Spector was the one who came up with the "magic bullet" theory..roflmao

Maybe, like ThePieMan said.. maybe its for PR.

But I have an a few alternative theories.

1.) Maybe,Arlan over the past few years has, sort of, turned a new leaf. Maybe in his old age he is trying to make up for all the poor decisions he made over the decades.

2.) Maybe, he just feels he is doing whats right.

3.)this one is out there a little so bare with me.
Ill call it the Avoid Accountability hypotheosis.
Maybe, It is part of a well orchestrated plan between the White House and certain members of the Congress and/or Senate .
A prominent Republican Senator speaks up about something that the Administration is doing because; in anticipation of the expected uproar from the masses(it is a calculated move). When this Representative speaks up; the overwhelming majority of the Legislative branch shoots it down or just ignores it(which was the desired result from the start). Thusly, it is dead before it ever formally hits the floor. The story makes headlines for a couples days and then dies out as something newer and juicier hits the press. Meanwhile the Legistalive tries to retain(at least to some measure, from a PR standpoint) the notion that it knows and understands the will of the people. Of course something actually being done was never part of the plan. But with polls as of late showing that the people trust the Legislative branch even less than they do the Executive (things dont seem to be panning out in regards to this part of the plan). But what they do acheieve seemingly everytime is that both parties in the plan successfully shuck any accountability to the people. Which was the overall plan from the start. Avoid any accountability

I know the third one is a bit far fetched, but to undertsand a politrickster one must try to think like one.

Hmmm.. Maybe I should look into a career as a political strategist me thinks..(joke)

Either way I have never trusted Arlen from the start... Anyone that can make a whopper like the "Magic Bullet" deservesnot an ounce of confidence(IMHO)

And thats my warped $.02

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Actually Tone 23 that is exactly the point I was making but you make it clearer than I did. Thank you.

I think that is exactly what is happening he raises a ruckus pretending he is going to do something thus making all those outraged people feel like something is being done and then it all just fizzles out because the ruckus was just a ruse to appease that anger, to make the masses think they have someone representing them.

I see this as a conspiracy of sorts to keep the people passified until the cooling off period with the promise of someone going to stand up and fix things but I think Specter is as much of the plan as Bush is. I think most of them have joined together and the reason no one is seeing much of a difference between the democrats and republicans is there really isn't much, we have a one party system.

I think the only way to really resolve this is to vote all the old ones out and that includes both democrats and republicans. We need a two party system that works and we are not going to get it with a 98% return rate of the old timers, once their elected we have that kind of return rate. Why, I don't knw but it is really hurting the people more than helping, we need to get some fresh faces in there both democrat and republican

new topics

top topics

join