It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caps LOCK on/off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Whenever I hit Caps Lock, it says towards the bottom of my screen right above my start bar "Caps Lock On" or "Caps Lock Off" depending on which it is. It is extremely annoying and make a quick beep whenever it switches. I had thought before it was from my wireless keyboard but I have switched to a plug in keyboard and I receive the same annoying "alert". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I would go to control panel, add remove prgms, and remove the wirelss keyboard software.
Its obviously an app running with windows start up that detects key stokes.

Maybe right click on the icon near the clock associated with the caps lock message
go through the properties or preferences and there should be a tick box somewhere , that says ' display alerts ' or notifications or something alon those lines.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I appreciate your reply but, there is no icon on my task bar near my clock for it I took a screen shot to show you what it looks like.

Maybe that will help? Since the picture is kinda wierd the "Caps Lock Off" is happening just above the Tag box on the bottom of this thread.

[edit on 6/29/2006 by The_Final]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Did you follow Agit8dChop advice and checked "add/remove programs"? Microsoft Intellitype software has a different notification so I guess It's Logitech you had before.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yes it is a Logitech Keyboard, the only problem with the "Add and Remove Programs: is that I am not exactly sure which thing I should be removing. There is nothing called "Logitech Keyboard" or anything along those lines. And when I go in my programs folder and in through the Logitech Folder I am unable to find anything about Keystrokes and different notifications all I can find is the Bluetooth Sync folder and the Logitch Set Point which is sorta like an updater for your software. Thanks for the help so far but you have to understand how annoying this is.:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Id remove the software, all the software relating to keyboards.
The worst that will happen is you will LOSE the function keys
IE internet, home page, email rah rah rah.

OR, boot the PC in safe mode
Check what TASKS are running
see if it comes up.

Then boot the PC in normal mode,
check what tasks are running,
and test it, see if it comes up.

Through a process of elimination by stopping certain processes, you should be able to establish WHAT process is the keyboard display.

then go to startmenu, msconfig
go to the startup TAB
and UNTICK that process.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thank you so much for the help. For anyone else having my problem with the "Caps Lock On/Off" Situation with a Logitech Keyboard
go into the Logitech folder
go under SetPoint
and delete the Exe file.
The only problem now is that I have realized that annoying beep comes from my keyboard. Still trying to figure out to turn that off.

top topics

join