It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike the HEADLESS Wonder Chicken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Yes, Mike appears to have done quite well without his head to get in the way. Read all about it!!!

MIKE THE HEADLESS WONDER CHICKEN

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
hahahaahahah. he was a headless chicken!! heh, the name alone is funny. mike the headless wonder chicken. this is possibly the best post i have ever read. ever.

except maybe that one where the babies attacked that one baby. that one was equally cool.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hard to imagine getting around like that without a head.

I've read about that in Ripley's Believe it or Not. I think the real reason Mike died is because they wound of his neck heal. Since it was blocked, he couldn't breathe and died.

Or maybe that's another headless chicken I'm talking about? There may have been another one...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Lol!

I heard about Mike a while back on NPR. I mentioned it to a friend at work and he made such a big deal about calling it BS that I looked it up on the web for him. He still didn't believe it.

Mike is truly an inspiration to us all.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I heard about Mike a long time ago as well. What a Chicken! So somebody 'splain to me why this chicken can go around being such a wonder-chicken without a head??? How does he do it? Where is his wee-lil-brain???

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Last time I checked, chickens didn't have much of a brain to begin with.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
How much they had in the first place isn't the question...assuming it was more than none. The question is where is the brain for this one?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
You know all I can say is this. I think there is a valuable lesson to be learned from Mikes courage and will to survive. Through the rough times and the good times if its easy to keep your head on if you just accept what is and that you cannot change it. You must make the best of what god has given you.
It sounds like Mike led a good life and didnt let the fact that he didnt have a head make him feel any less of a chicken.
He really pulled his head out of the gravel and followed his heart. Good job buddy!

Mark

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
MO,

You absolutely crack me up.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Val,

you are alluding to the idea that the brain has little to do with our bodies in certain situations like this one. Yes I agree with this. Seems that chickens are a special case.

Wonder if this chicken even knew he was alive? Did it have a soul?

Wonder how much study he was truly under.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

Poor Mike. All his little chicken hopes and dreams, lopped-off in a New-York minute.

Or were they ?

Remember the story of a French man, whom had lost a significant part of his brain, and yet was still able to function ?
The idea was that the brain compensated, by shifting functions that were done in the lost part of the brain, over to the surviving areas of the brain.

Yeah : we be flexible like that, apparently.

Humans have a 'second' brain in their gut as well. So could functions be transferred there as well ?
Was trying to find if other animals do as well, but didn't find it yet.

YoobeToo : Mike the Headless Chicken.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
How did he eat 🤣🤣 a reply to: Nothin

top topics

join