It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 4th hunger strike by celebs and activists outside the white house

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
haha, selling hot dogs on the 4th of July.

That sounds like American Patriotism to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Heard on the radio today that some were planning a "rolling hunger strike". They take turns, fasting for 8 hours, then someone comes and takes their place for the next 8 hours, and so on.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Heard on the radio today that some were planning a "rolling hunger strike". They take turns, fasting for 8 hours, then someone comes and takes their place for the next 8 hours, and so on.

great idea! hey, i just ate a banana, it's 9pm here, I won't eat anything until at least 6 in the morning, k?

i really just checked out this thread to see if anybody died of starvation yet....

no, really, i'm concerned about willy, he's to old to starve to death.......

CX

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So hows the protest going then? Anyone still there?

Have'nt seen much about it on the news?

CX.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well at least someone's prepared to get off their behinds and stand up for a point of principle.

Restores my faith (to a degree) in America's ability to protest - just a shame there aren't more like them

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
hornitosmonster, I am aware that Willie is supposedly alledged to partake of a certain herb, which gives you the munchies, LOL but I figure he is smart enough to know that and not partake during a hunger strike. LOL BTW from what I read Willie only agreed to go hungry on July 4th anyway. On the link I posted where you can sign up it gives you different options.

www.democracynow.org.../07/10/1356240
Troops Home Fast: Nationwide Hunger Strikes Protest Iraq War
The fasters plan to stay in front of the White House every day until August 14th, when they move the hunger strike next to President Bush's vacation ranch in Crawford, Texas.

Thousands of protestors gathered across the nation over the July 4th holiday to protest the Iraq war. Three thousand people around the world are fasting or have done so for at least one day this past week as part of a national "Troops Home Fast" to end the Iraq war. We speak with CodePink founder, Medea Benjamin. [includes rush transcript]

[edit on 10-7-2006 by goose]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join