It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some kind of stuff is going down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
First, Hamas agrees to accept Israel...or at least not claim they don't exist...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Then, Hamas kills the guy they kidnapped...
www.breitbart.com...

Followed by a buzzing of the Syrian palace...
www.breitbart.com...

I wish I were a fly on the wall...somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Mod edit: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 29-6-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
SHAT >>> I didnt know you can say that on ATS ???

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It seems that these events are being deliberately steered towards some direction - but the point is What direction and WHO is doing the steering?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Well, who could do the steering ?
Bush ?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I heard this morning or yesterday that maybe it was the Hamas or Palestinian leadership (I forgot who) was following a pattern that stirs up their population to get them united against Israel. They knew kidnapping an Israeli soldier would get the Isrealis stirred up and actually killing the guy will mean Israel will strike back and probably hard. This will further inflame and unite the Palestinians for whatever reason or cause the Hamas or leadership has in mind for their population.

I'm wondering why the Palestinian leadership wants their population so agitated and united. Maybe they have a poor economy and want their people focused on something else rather than the poor job their leaders are doing in improving the Palestinian economy.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
SHAT >>> I didnt know you can say that on ATS ???

I guess you can't. That's kind of...can I say it? Lame.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I heard this morning or yesterday that maybe it was the Hamas or Palestinian leadership (I forgot who) was following a pattern that stirs up their population to get them united against Israel. They knew kidnapping an Israeli soldier would get the Isrealis stirred up and actually killing the guy will mean Israel will strike back and probably hard. This will further inflame and unite the Palestinians for whatever reason or cause the Hamas or leadership has in mind for their population.

I'm wondering why the Palestinian leadership wants their population so agitated and united. Maybe they have a poor economy and want their people focused on something else rather than the poor job their leaders are doing in improving the Palestinian economy.

Yeah, but why would Hamas agree to recognize Israel while also kidnapping and killing their guy? Seems kind of...strange, to say the least. Granted, they can multitask and work on peace while fighting, but it's still odd.

It seems as if whatever kind of "recognition agreement" they're reaching is the background with various alliances polarizing, and this stupid stuff going on with the fighting is just the action of the moment, kind of a public distraction drama.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why would the current actions require 'steering' by far away puppet masters of from a cabal from beyond the shadows?

THe palestinians hate the israelis, the israelis are pretty sick of the palestinians. It is all explained by that.

Hamas never claimed that it would recognize isreal, it was stated that the previous agreement between Hamas and Fatah 'implicitly' recognizes Israel, it never even mentions Israel, and states that the palestinians have a right to fight for their freedom. Hamas representatives stated that they don't recognize israel and that agreement says no such thing, implicitly or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This latest confrontation was a calculated manouver by the Israeli government to eradicate any chance of Hamas following a two-state solution.

Think about it, a single Israeli soldier was abducted and the Israeli response is to invade Gaza. The Israeli's didnt response this harshly when suicide bombers killed Israeli civilians. Why the gross disproportionality?

Israeli soldiers are as fair game as Hamas militants are. The Israeli government is occupying Palestinian territory therefore they are at war. I for one am glad that a soldier was targetted and not a civilian.

Israel was simply waiting for any excuse to illegally arrest the Hamas cabinet and make supporting the two state solution impossible once more. Israel cannot survive a peace treaty with a Palestinian state thanks to simple demographics.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Some kind of stuff going down? You seemed to really call that one. Is there anyone who isn't sitting here now saying to themselves how can the kidnapping of a soldier lead to an escalation of the current proportion? All hell has broken loose and the quetion is WHY?

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Iran had the whole thing planned out, knowing how Israel would likely respond and the resulting escalation just to divert attention away from Iran's nuclear program. It seems a bit curious to me that more Israeli soldiers were taken to further enrage Israel about the same time that there was talk about imposing sanctions on Iran. I'm not sure which occurred first though. I have heard that Iran and Syria are supporters of the group that took the prisoners. It seems like it's more than just a coincidence to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So Iran and Syria forced Israel to over react and launch wide scale invasions based on the capture of 1 or 2 soldiers? If Israel had acted proportionally the Iranian nuclear issue wouldnt of fallen from the international stage. Now unless Iran controls Israel I dont believe Iran created this situation to benefit itself. Israel was chomping at the bit to unleash itself militarily on its neighbours.

top topics

join