It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berserkers and Chaos: The Source of Change?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well I was thinking today and one thing I'v always been interested in is the berserkers of the vikings. I have always been quite interested in why some of us are born with a very different (in comparison to usual people) mindset and physical body then others. I than began thinking of the great change in powers throughout time and It allways seems that the super-states lose against foes whom they should of easily accomplished examples being battles in the American Revolution as well as the Civil War, the Hunns, and the Vikings. In many of these the victors always seem to be brutal in the way they fight, like cornered animals. Well something I am starting to wonder about is what if those Berserkers or Chaotic prone people around us are here as a sort of balance to organization and rooted powers? and if so let us evaluate whom among are populations may be the source of the next revolution? I know there are holes in the theory but after giving it some thaught I figured I might as well bring the possiblity up for us to discuss. Also if any of you have any information pertaining to berserkers and other such groups feel free to share. Also just got a thaught I remember reading somewhere that marines are trained so that there mindsets and bodys are like that of a berserkers with the exception of following orders. Could the marines have been created for the purpose of keeping the establishment from enslaving us? After all think about it the most elite of our military is made up of mainly the lower and middle class truly soldiers of the people. Cant wait to hear from you guys and gals!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
no offense man, i probably don't fuly understand what you are trying to say. Right now to me it sounds like a load of crap. Can you please try to make it clearer?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spets
no offense man, i probably don't fuly understand what you are trying to say. Right now to me it sounds like a load of crap. Can you please try to make it clearer?

Give him a break, not everyone have high skills of an english grammar. I am one of them that have problems with english grammar.

However, I believe he is talking about the different people are, phyiscally, culturally (spellling?), mentally between... Lets say ancient viking to roman to middle eastern to chinese to japanese people. Like comparsions. For example, lets say how different are these viking that was incredibly powerful race who have conqueried so many of countries compared to Spain, Persian, or china? How big different are between these people?

Thatis what I think he meant, he seem to be very interested into different abilities, natural talents, cultures, and anything between different people all over world. But of course, please correct me if I am wrong though, ProjectChaos.

(And I also have strong interests into great viking people, they are one of my ancestor whom i have great prides and honor in.)

Dragon out...

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sorry Guys. I was kind of scatter brained last night it wass 2 and it was one of those spur of the moment things, so here is what I really meant to say. If we look through ancient times there seems to always be men within societys who are very chaotic and warlike. Men who not only have a love for chaos and an incredible will, but men who are also built physically made for war more than others. Let us look at different cultures and we will see this type of man in almost every ancient culture. The Berserkers of the Vikings, the Kamikazis of the Japanese, the Huns of Asia, and the Mohawks of America for example. Within all of their groups all these people are very differently from the main society. All have tendencys of fighting with no care for their own lives with an incredible intensity and ruthlessness that most common people can never understand. Now thats the backround of what I have come to beleive. If we now look at the Chaos groups above we can connect them with many battles where they overcame great odds and changed the tides of war. They all with the exception the Mohawks aided in toppling great societys. So lets now fast forward to today as we MAY be at the end of our societys place as a super power. So is their a group in the U.S. that is going to topple our society. My beleif is that if their is a civil war the Marines will fight against the government. The Marines as I see it are the Chaos group of our society. Men from the lower and middle class make up one of our most elite military units. Wouldn't they stand for us? Or could we be toppled by the immigrant Chaos groups as has happened to other society? I think this could be something interesting to discuss. Sorry about the first message again.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
still looking for thaughts guys, even one or two just so i can have this examined by peers id really appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You seem to be saying that being "chaotic" gives you some type of advantage in combat. My first arguement would be that stratagy is what wins wars. We savage Americans kicked out the organized British army because we waited until they had their most incompetant general over here while at the same time their forces were busy elsewhere unable to get here in time.

Secondly, have you ever trained in any martial skill? Wrestling, karate, swordfighting, etc. I have, a wild and agressive opponent is the easiest kind to beat if you fight your fights like a chess game. Yes, at first, earlier on in learning to swordfight those wild guys were the worst. But once I learned what I was doing, pfff, they were wasting my time.

Vas

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
No im not suggesting Chaos is an advatange just that it is the root of change what I am saying as far as an advantage is that thier are those who are born in every culture who are physically and mentally different. These people also seem to have very strong emotions. The things I want examined are 1. Are these groups of people out there in the different cultures. 2. Why are they here? and 3. Do we have and if so which group in our country (USA)

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ok, your last post cleared up things quite a lot I think.

My favorite living author(Robert Anton Wilson) devides mankind in half into the Homo Sapien Neofillius and the Homo Sapien Neophobus. But it's not a 50/50 split. It's probably 90/10 or 99/1 with Neophobus having the majority. Basically Neofillius embrace change and Neophobus reject/fear change. I'd bet most people on ATS are Neofillius. According to R.A.W.(and I agree with him) it is the Neofillius who push civilization forward, they are the inventors, the revolutionaries etc.

Does this relate at all to what you are expressing?

Vas

PS If you are interested in chaos you should deffinately check out Robert Anton Wilson. He was one of the founders of the Discordian movement.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by Vasilis Azoth]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Iv never heard of that before but thanks I'll deffinetly be reading up. But without knowing this its not much of a surprise i think that that small percentage are the groups I have spoken of in my previous posts. So perhaps those groups are the minor percentage that are involved in the military. Now thinking about that its quite interesting if we look at our military the number 1 rule seems to be follow orders? Perhaps the government is working to surpress our group in its military representation?

new topics

top topics

join