It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ways to not be bored....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hello guys, so in reality we all find ourselves here on BTS, exploring and having a good old time learning and teaching, and no other way to pass time by then General Chit Chat.
So I was wondering how many of you guys know other ways to keep from getting bored, than on this forum, this forum is great and probably a way to pass boredom by is by replying, but anyways yea, so how do you?

My way is myspace and then tv, also here on ATS but then, online is just so much fun, sports maybe if I did it, and sometimes the occasional outside walk or walking the dog.....

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well, it is easy to get caught up in online activity. Television is similiar, but not very interactive.

I spent a period when the internet was all there was, and eventually rediscovered the concept of reality. There really isn't a substitute for doing things in real life, and I think a lot of people lack this and wind up online doing a lot of talk and no action, thus when the internet becomes boring, they truly are bored beyond belief, because they have absolutely nothing to fall back on.

My suggestion is this; find things that interest you and do them in real life and complement it with people online that share those things.

One of the best things to do is find your creativity. Everyone doesn't need to learn to paint, but everyone has some sort of niche out there for being creative in their own way. Find something you enjoy doing that requires a hands-on approach and go with it.

Examples:

Gardening
Research and learning
Mechanics
Collecting
Sports
Crafts
etc, etc

just about anything out there has tons of possibilities and specific disciplines. Do the things that catch your interest and surely it will make your online life more fun, because you will have something you have a passion for that other people will want to talk about besides nothingness.

Myself? I enjoy about 100 or so different things, so I would probably never get bored. In fact, the only time I do get bored is when I have less than 15 minutes to waste and it isn't enough time to actually devote to any of them thoroughly enough to satisfy me.

join