It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Bland?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well, I have noticed, that ever since ATS changed its look, that I have been visiting less often. Is Anyone feeling the same way? I think that it looks too plain now, even though I know it helps ATS's performance, does anyone else visit less often now? Has it affected the amount of people coming to ATS?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Nope. ATS has been through many changes and i manage to get used to it very fast. As long as i'm around it could never be bland.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
Has it affected the amount of people coming to ATS?

Absolutely... It HAS affected the number of people coming to ATS, we have already exceeded our "biggest month ever" by nearly 20% and there is still 2 days left in the month!

It's all about getting the TRUTH to as many as possible, "eye candy" is for Gaming sites, powerful information needs to be FAST.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
One persons bland is another's classic elegance.

I like it cause I like speed.

I would like to see "your 5 favorites" come back instead of shoot the Leprechaun ads or "make the shot" that is distracting me as I type this.

If there is anything that will make me spend less time here, it is the flashing ads that bring on my grand mal seizures. It's so hard to concentrate when you are swollowing your tongue.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I get used to the changes quickly, too. This new makeover is the first one where I haven't had a single nit to pick. I quite like it.

Looks aren't everything you know..

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Like DGT said

As long as she is here, it can never be bland.

Semper

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Why, thank you kindly, Semper...

I try to share my bizarre sense of humor...i think its more relaxed if we dont take things too seriously.

g'nite.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Not Enough Sex Appeal?

I understand the desire for some flash in ATS site design, but I think the ads have that angle covered.*

Personally, I tend to like the minimalist approach when it comes to these sorts of things.

Ironically, I suspect SO himself is probably not such a big fan of grayscale in terms of personal taste, but when you stare at ATS as much as most hardcore members do, mitigating eyestrain becomes a factor.

As Springer pointed out, eye candy doesn't seem to be what attracts people to ATS.

Rather, what seems to attract most people to ATS and keeps them hooked is what goes on in the forums.

And Oh What Fun We Have!

*And don't forget all those wonderful 160x320px avatars we get to use. By far the most generous avatar allowance of any board I post on. Teh r0xx0r, baby!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I don't care. ATS is ATS, no matter what it looks like.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'll be here until the Big Three either quit doing this or they block my IP. Until then, Y'all are stuck with me!!

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I would still visit ATS even if it was a simple bulletin board forum. The appearance of the site is not my motivation to be here. I am here because of the quality of the material to found on above top secret and I suspect that this won't change any time soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I don,t care how it,s presented as long as it keeps my beloved ''new posts'' button within sight

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
no never Bland ATS is were there the truth is beng spread & this place can only grow & grow

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It hasn't affected me in the slightest, I actually quite like it the new look of ATS. Ever heard the saying, 'Never judge a book by it's cover'?, to some ATS may look "simple", but behind the cover it's alot more than one may think.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Bland, isn't exactly the word I would use to describe the new look of ATS,

I would use...

Professional !!!

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think the new design looks far more professional then before. Very good pure stylish work from the creators. But the design does not affect my "visit behaviour".

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Stay tuned.

There are some additional improvements toward "minimalism" on the way that are designed to enhance the overall user experience.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Awesome. I hope I like them, because that is all that matters.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If I want glitz and entertainment I watch MSM "news" shows.

If I want news, I come to ATS.

Actually, it's an easy decision to make.

And I love the minimalism. I agree it looks very professionalism without being boring.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
I don,t care how it,s presented as long as it keeps my beloved ''new posts'' button within sight

Tell me about it! If that button was a physical button, probably both of us would have worn off the words on it!

I personally love the new look. It makes things faster. In fact, I've noticed some even more recent changes going on. You can tell when SO is hard a work on it, you'll reload a page and see things have moved about a bit.

My vote is, keep it up!

new topics

<<   2 >>

join