It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in New York?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Im relativley new here and enjoy this site very much...i was cruising through YouTube, and came across this interesting Video...Im not sure if this has been talked about here or not, but none of the less i found it very interesting ( but im not sure its fabricated). Interested in what everyone here at good ole ATS has to say about it

Here is the Link Below
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Skeptik1st]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That's old stuff Pal...it was a hoax i think it was made by sci-fi.com

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is a commercial for the sci-fi channel. It shows up on this forum about once a month or so.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Appreciate it....i Figured it was fabricated it look to damn good to be true

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This clip is old as the hills. I think the last time I saw it I was feeding my pet dinosaur. It's been debunked so many times it's got debunking bruises on it. Yet people continue to dredge it up, time after time, thinking they have some amazing previously undiscovered UFO video. The mere fact that it emerges from behind a WTC tower should at least start to become some kind of tip-off that this clip is at least 5 years old now. And yet you think that nobody has discovered it in all that time? Come on. Add to that the obvious fakey quality, and really, why even bother to alert us to it, again? Can't you use a little of your own judgment and discernment on some of this stuff without having to ask the opinions of others? Hey, man, be confident in your assessment of something as total bilge! You're a smart person. Use your brains on some of this stuff. Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Enkidu...If you havent noticed i said i thought it was fabricated, and im also new to ATS so obviously i have no idea whats on this site just as of yet...and the fact that your trying to shoot someone down for having a discussion about it is ridiculous...if it disgust's you so much that is on here there is one easy thing for you to do DONT POST ANYTHING OR DONT READ it....i thought this was a place for discussion not bitching at new members for trying to get involved

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
read this link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think that explains the problem here, we need something set up so new members can say access known information as there already is on ATS as i found ATS that way, by just reading the main articles on things, posted on this site, from ATS.

So maybe someone can contribute to this thread and give idea's as to how we can make new members feel welcome, but also keep the UFO forum fresh.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I actually followed a previous thread on this for some number of pages...
I didn't notice that they confirmed that it was debunked...

can enkidu, the resident know it all, please post where it was proven to be hoax?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the Help Denied i will definitley hit that link up and check some of this stuff out....Hopefully theres more members like your self that are more helpful than critical

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I actually followed a previous thread on this for some number of pages...
I didn't notice that they confirmed that it was debunked...

can enkidu, the resident know it all, please post where it was proven to be hoax?

There's a little something on the net called "Google." Maybe you've heard of it:

Phoney WTC UFO Video

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can understand the frustration as this is the second thread today on this subject and it's actually in a new post at least 3-4 times a week now.

Use the search function before posting then if you don't find anything go ahead and post. At least you can say you did a search.

I think a section where frequent retreads can be accessed would be helpful but still in order for it to work people have to check it (see do search above) before posting. Maybe when a retread gets so many new threads there could be an automatic stop put in place like the one that stops you from posting something too short. It would be difficult to pick the right keywords or phrases to trigger the action though. Another auto action could send out an e-mail telling everyone that an item has been retread too much.

You were kinda harsh though Enkidu but I can't throw too many stones as I did the same thing to a guy that posted several retreads in one day. Difference is that he had been a member for several months and was just being lazy and expecting someone else to do the legwork. Still, I did apologize for jumping him and later found him to be doing this over and over. I kept my opinions to myself though.

I think this one comes up so much because people go into a kind of shock mode with the WTC involved. They have never seen such a thing and they just have to get answers right now!

I'm sure skep learned from this and I welcome him.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Also, the show that its presented on in that video, its a comedy show from spanish television.

Is the guy on the left the screen the man from Klas that is going to be featured here as a quest speaker?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptik1st
Enkidu...If you havent noticed i said i thought it was fabricated, and im also new to ATS so obviously i have no idea whats on this site just as of yet...and the fact that your trying to shoot someone down for having a discussion about it is ridiculous...if it disgust's you so much that is on here there is one easy thing for you to do DONT POST ANYTHING OR DONT READ it....i thought this was a place for discussion not bitching at new members for trying to get involved

Don't worry Speptik1st, Enkidu today is probably in his mean mood :p Be ready to read few coments like that while you post in this forum. For some people bashing and being rude is a modus vivendi.

BTW welcome to ATS. Have a great time and enjoy the company. Is the best you can find on the net

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Welcome !
I liked that one too, its one of my favorites.
Gotta admit...the SCI FI channel has some kick ass
special effects crews

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
Don't worry Speptik1st, Enkidu today is probably in his mean mood :p Be ready to read few coments like that while you post in this forum. For some people bashing and being rude is a modus vivendi.

BARK BARK BARK!! WOOF WOOF!! BARK BARK BARK!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Shtttt head down

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for one-line or short responses

We've seen a recent rash of new one-line responses to posts that add nothing to the flow of discussion.

One Line or less Responses or "me too" atta-boy comments contribute nothing to the discussion. These include rows of smilies, "you're wrong", or other similar short responses.

also this particular ufo has been discussed many times and it was concluded to be a SciFi channel promo
see here:

thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join