It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big foot ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Although I have no personal proof of Bigfoot i think he/she /they are around. What they are - who knows. But I wanted to tell you all a story that happened to my brother about 30 years ago. Any input is welcome.

We were just young men then and living on a dairy farm outside of Bellingham, Washington. If you've been on a farm or ranch sometimes a cow that is due to calf will go off by herself to give birth. One evening in the late fall my brother was milking and he realized that one cow had not shown up. He took off across the 1700 acres my step father owned and was looking for this cow.
My brother told me that he had crossed a small creek and had went around a small grove of trees and tripped over a log. When he stood up the log stood up . He told all of us that he just kept looking up. This creature (?) was not a bear and it was not a human. It was clearly female he said. The creature made a low growl and grunted and slapped him open handed in the chest (like you push someone away) and knocked him down. The creature took off up the hill side and just vanished into the woods.
My brother had peed all over himself and by the time he got back to the house, he was crying and was terrified. The next morning all of his hair on his head was white.
Now, please understand my brother and I had always hunted having grown up in Idaho and Washington state. He and I had both hunted bear.
My brother swore that it was not a bear. he siad it had to be at least 7 feet tall and weigh in at around 500 to 600 pounds.
He never went out after a cow ever again and if he went I went with him and he always took a gun after that. Now what ever my brother saw - well it changed him and all the way till his death he never would go out there in the woods and he stopped hunting and fishing as well.
I believe he saw something - something totally fasinating and rare. growing up we had seen tracks all over the place in that area of footprints about 17" long. But we or he never saw that again.
Any input on this. What are your opinions on it.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
how did he know it was female and did you ever get a party just to kinda search for the creature???

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
while you more than likely knew your brother well, "Did you ever get any evidence from the area that you mentioned?" "Did your brother ever try drawing what he had seen?", it seem's that if my brother seen something of that nature, being a hunter/fisher/out doorsy, he would of wanted to prove what he had seen. "Did you go to the area of mention to see if there was any tracks,ect.?"

This a little snippet of the earliest recorded proof of the existance of Bigfoot:

In America, the first reports of an encounter with Bigfoot originated near the base of Mount St. Helens, where some huckleberry pickers found huge footprints around their parked cars. Jon Erik Beckjord, an amateur anthropologist, has spent much of his life tracking down the Bigfoot, also known as the Sasquatch, which he claims to have seen on many occasions since it was first reported in the early 1920s. He achieved a breakthrough in his search when he discovered some physical remains at Lewiston, near the Canadian border, which he claimed were those of a Bigfoot

Can you give any LAT/LON to be able to locate on Google earth?

Very interesting story, have you ever shared it with anyone else except for family, for instance "Bigfoot researcher's"?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Interesting little story you got there

Can you give any LAT/LON to be able to locate on Google earth?

Would be nice if you could do that Lilwolf.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I've posted my own experiance with a Bigfoot many times here on ATS and even made a podcast on the subject.

I don't know if your brothers story is true or not but I know it is very possible that it is true cause I have absolutely no doubt that Bigfoot is real, i've seen one with my own eyes.

I can relate to his not going back alone or of being quite skittish on the matter. I still shudder at just the memory of my encounter, It scared the holy crap out of me.

Just wanted to add my thoughts on it,

wupy

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Howdy folks...

Interesting read...

Just a question, is this statement true or just an embellishment ???

The next morning all of his hair on his head was white.

Because hair can't turn white overnight, that only happens in the movies

Hair is dead tissue, in order for it to turn white it has to grow back from the roots...

My brother told me that he had crossed a small creek and had went around a small grove of trees and tripped over a log. When he stood up the log stood up .

Also I kinda doubt he tripped over a Sasquatch, maybe he tripped over a log and the Sasquatch emerged from behind a tree...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Okay first off Jedi Master - His hair did turn white, and i do not care about your hollywood BS. I said he stated he tripped over a log and the log stood up, that's the way he described it as it happened.
My sister called some guy in the Seattle area and they came up and made plaster foot casts. The tracks in the area went towards the tree line up in the hills. There were alot of tracks in that area and always has and people up there still say they hear them and there is always a report or 2 of people seeing whatever it is along the Highway near Mt. Baker ,and up near Sumas Washington. Lots of Dairy ranchers up there still say they are up there in the hills.
The Lummi indians have their own stries to tell on who and what it is.

I will find and give you the exact coordinates of where we lived and do this as best as possible.
Further Mr. Jedi, My sister gave birth to her son and the day after her hair on both side of her head over her ears turned white. You ahve a problem with that?

My brother said is was female because it had breasts. So other than what he said I have no other way of proof. I am not here to prove him out or prove him wrong I am here to ask if anyone had ever heard of these things more than I have. I have never seen one (not sure I want to), but because I knew my brother I had never had a reason to doubt him. I only know this - something happened to him out there that day that frightened him more than I had ever seen. He was a hunter and loved the outdoors, and what ever he said he saw changed him. That's all I know on it. I understand that there is a bit of concern over his hair going white. Our familf doctor said he had heard of that happening but only on extreme cases and very rare times of great trauma. He stated that even though hair is basically a dead thing he had heard of cases where peoples hair did turn white.
That was a lot of years back but I will get the Lat and Long. and post it tomorrow. because I know where I used to live and what is in the area it'll be easy to find on Google.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Okay here are some grids as best as I can recall. Now this was a lot of years ago.
My step dad owned some of this land and leased a great deal of it form some other rancher up there.

48*42'06.71"N X 122*10'46.44"W

That's just below the bend of the river. We lived just off saxon road and highway 9
He leased or owned the land from Saxon road up to the river bend. Most of the land he owned or leased was along the river itself. That's the best I can recall, but hey this was 35 years ago. Had to be that long ago because I had not joined the Army yet. If that information on location helps okay.
The terraain is almost all wooded along the river banks. The river is usually fairly shallow in places. It wasnt like it was real deep but we swam there a lot growing up and fished there as well.
Oh yea, the small town is called Acme. It's a little whistle stop in the road.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
For those of you who would like to hear a couple of personal stories, including mine, you need only check out the pod thread found here:

The Zedd Show

You don't need an ipod or anything like that, just click on the link in the post and you should be able to hear the posts with your default player.

wupy

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
]In America, the first reports of an encounter with Bigfoot originated near the base of Mount St. Helens, where some huckleberry pickers found huge footprints around their parked cars.

Actually, the first reports that I've found word of are from the mid to late 1800's, notably this one:
www.bfro.net...

which takes place in late 1869. Also, native americans all over the US have legends portraying sasquatch/bigfoot. There's even an organization (the link) that has expeditions every year to places with high amounts of sightings, and come back with prints (often), hair, sound recordings, and plenty of other things, such as unexplainable things showing up on thermal goggles.

top topics

join