It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Bless Mr. Obama!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
home.ourfuture.org...

Just what we need to hear...someone willing to state real purpose, real values.

IMO the age of social darwinism is showing its grey hairs, its time for everyone to join together and fix this mess. My favorite senator seems to be one of the most eloquent speakers of the bunch.

Dig the speech and support those of us who care whether or not your fail in life or not....or keep voting for those who hope you stay fighting for scraps.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Too bad he is a Democrat. Democrats try to hold back black leaders, so I don't see him being much more than a Senator from Illinois.

Examples?

Al Sharpton decides to run for the Democratic nomination for President in 2004. What does the Democratic Party do? They trot out Carol Mosely Braun out to take votes away from him. She had no business in that race.

Andrew Young is another example. In 1992 former mayor of Atlanta, Andrew Young is all set to become DNC chairman. Bill Clinton is totally opposed to Young, and sends out the word to the electors that he approves of his white friend Terry McAuliffe. Terry McAuliffe gets the job.

Innocent until proven guilty does not matter to Democrats when it comes to black congressmen. William Jefferson gets unceremoniously voted out of his House Ways and Means committee position, without a trial. The vote was held by Democrats even though the Black Caucus protested the move.

Hopefully Obama can break through the barriers that the Democrat Party imposes on black leadership!

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think its too bad the guy has to align himself with either party just to get a elected Senator, much less a higher position that I agree he will probably never get. Its unfortunate he has to sell out to the Dems at all, because he doesnt seem to play into a lot of the hackery happening lately. I admire his vision, even if it never leaves that little conference. Just to have that guy's voice be one of a hundred seems worth voting.

Another progressive with a real heart. Sadly the guy can only get a single response on ATS after a week. Do people really not care?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Sadly the guy can only get a single response on ATS after a week. Do people really not care?

I would reply if there was something to reply to.

Your link takes us to a page with hardly a word on it.

I love Mr. Obama and would vote for him for president, but what is this thread about? What did he say in the speech? Where can I read it?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You watch the vid darlin'?

The link takes ME to a page with a half hour speech he gave that instilled a little hope back into our floundering "Democracy."

You guys get something different?

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Firefox blocked it. Watching now.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Firefox must be a Neo-Con.

"Nothin to see here folks, move along."

Please help me share the page BH.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've admired that guy for years. This speech only makes me admire him more. And he's absolutely right: if more in his party would come on like that, instead of mealy-mouthing and cowering in corners, they'd win.

Carseller is right but (as usual) for the wrong reason; it's not that Democrats put barriers in the way of African-Americans, but that they've become political cowards. Buy maybe Obama can shame them into remembering who they're supposed to be, who they once were.

top topics

join