It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Secret Service going to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Putin has sent the Russian secret service to Iraq to eliminate the terrorist
group that killed its four diplomats. I wonder what he would do to a guy like
bin laden if he flew jets into Russian high rises and killed 3000 of their
people?
Link to the story
news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by u4itornot
Putin has sent the Russian secret service to Iraq to eliminate the terrorist
group that killed its four diplomats. I wonder what he would do to a guy like
bin laden if he flew jets into Russian high rises and killed 3000 of their
people?

What!!

Don't you know that it was our "government" that had those planes flown into the buildings and killed those people... not Osama......

*sarcasm off*

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Maybe once the iraqis see how the ruskies deal with insurgents they will prefer the american methods.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
link to another story on this
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Russian FSB (and probably some small secretive agencies) is not new in Middle East. There are agents all over there, as well as in Iraq. Russia would not miss a chance to gain valuable intel on American tactics and military. There have been several assassinations in the Middle East and Europe (as well as more that no one will ever know about) around Middle East since war began with mujahedeens in Chechnya. Many people who had ties were taken out by Russian spies and agents. Some of these cases were even high profile in the media, and only once were the agents arrested (forgot which country).

When putin came to power he made a point that Russia will retaliate to those rebels/terrorists responsible for murder of its citizens. -Much like israel retaliates terrorist attacks by striking Hamas or Hezbolah. Russia will not send hundreds of people to Iraq. It will likely be several well trained opperatives, and you will not hear anything on the news. It is a cowardly act to kidnap and murder diplomats- who are considered "untouchable" in civilized countries. How do you expect to negotiate or hold talks, if you kill diplomats whose job is negotiation and holding talks. Plus these weren't exactly soldiers or greedy bureucrats that were killed- two were simply minor staff personell.

There is only one way to negotiate with these degenerate beings (not worthy being called human). You take them out when they least expect it, and you hunt them down so that their last minutes are spend looking around the shoulder and avoiding open spaces.

Russia will probably make a point to annihilate those responsible because attacking embasy staff is a pretty big matter, and this case has much exposure in the media. But rightly so Russia is blaming the US for not bringing the country under control. Russia cannot be expected the ensure safety of its diplomats there- it is the job of the host country. I won't be surprised if Russia closes its embassy in Iraq . It seems that nobody is safe from the mujahedeen these days. If you do something to stop the spread of their radicalist kalifat- you are on their death list.

GSA

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
All I say is that if Russia had supported the effort in iraq from the start, this insurgencey would never of got off the ground. Imagine it - The area they controlled would of looked like chechnya - flat and crater like with thousands of dead people. They would of fled to the Americans ? British for saftey not trying to suicide bomb them every day.

To say America should of got Iraq under control is like telling a sailor he should steer into the wind - whilst stood on the shore. Russia is nothing but a bystander who got hurt, so if they want to control the flames they should become a firefighter not a voyeur. They said Russia would never interefer with the war on terror as long as no one intereferd in chechnya - America / UK kept their side, but Russia renaged on theirs - moan moan moan / stall stall stall.... Oh how the hypocrites got their fingers burnt this time.

I feel very sad though that those four poor men died - beheaded and shot - terrible terrible crime which does deserve punishment, but you wonder if its worth letting an enemy into iraq to get close to US /UK troops to hunt down those who did the killings?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
They said Russia would never interefer with the war on terror as long as no one intereferd in chechnya - America / UK kept their side, but Russia renaged on theirs - moan moan moan / stall stall stall....

How did Russia renage on this agreement? It is in no way helping the insurgents. It has fought the same insurgents in Chechnya. Russian FSB agents are definitely in Iraq already, and have been from the start of the war- nothing surprising. It not planning to interfere. Just do a small job and get out. Believe me they will not get in the way of US.

And while America doesn't directly interfere in Chechnya, it is arming Georgian fighters, who in turn are likely helping Chechnyan rebels hiding in the mountains of Georgia. Russia wisely choose to have nothing to do with American War On Terror, because they saw this war as staged, in order for US to gain military outposts in the Middle East and get secure oil resources for the future.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Maloy, do you know how much oil Russia imports from Iraq and Iran
as I have always wondered if there was a black market weapons for
oil deal. Does the US in the middle east hurt Russia or help them?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I believe Russia does not import considerable amount of oil from either of those. Russia has all the oil it needs, and is a pretty major exporter of oil. The countries where it does buy oil are Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, because those countries border Russia. Iran is selling oil to China not Russia.

It did sell weapons to both Iran and Iraq, and now just Iraq. (By the way to Syria and Sudan too if American plans to include them in its War on Terror evil list). Nothing surprising about that. Those nations cannot buy weapons from Europe or US, so Russia is the only choice. And with America arming Georgia and several hostile nations neighboring Russia, I do not see why Russia cannot arm nations hostile to US in the Mid East. Either way if US decides to attack Iran those Russian weapons aren't numerous enough to stop the US, just like they didn't help Saddam deflect the American invasion.

And the US in the Middle East certainly hurts Russia. Its Cold War theme all over again. If America has its bases in Iraq, Russia cannot interfere there. Similarly if Russia decides to side with Iran or Syria US cannot interfere there. Russia has no reason to support the WOT, because all it would do is help US gain more influence in Russia's back yard.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply Maloy and what you say makes very good sense. I wonder what Russia and China's involvement in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization
will mean to the US, will it defer them from going after a country like Iran or is it
more of an economic relationship?

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Russia, China, and to a certain extent India and Kazakhstan did form a sort of alliance like you said. It appears based on Russian news that this alliance is aimed against the interests of US (not against the US or NATO, but just their interests). Seeing how quickly US is expanding around oil producing region of the world in the War on Terror, Russia and China decided that someone needs to offset it, kind of like in the Cold War. US already has drawn a lne across central Asia. Pakistan is pro-US, Afganistan and Iraq and occupied, Turkey and georgia are pro-US, and Syria and Iran are in the cross hairs.

China wants to secure what little unoccupied oil resources are left in the middle east, and are highly interested in Iran. One does not have to wonder why the main foreign language taught in China after English, is Arabic. I think that Russian/Chinese presence is certainly delaying a strike against Iran, which might not even happen anymore. Look for US to turn its attention on Syria, and the same thing happen there. Then Sudan and Libya quite possibly.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm waiting for these kidnapper/murderers to be found dead, execution style. Then I want to see the size of the "outrage" from the same people so quick to condemn the US. I want to see all the "cries for investigation". I want to see front page coverage by the NYT.

But I won't hold my breath.

Btw, I fully support the Russian mission to get those guys.

new topics

top topics

join