It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

haunting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
About 2 years ago, I believe I came in contanct with a very mischeivous poltergeist. I was alone in the living room downstairs when I noticed some flickering lights. That's when I felt a "presence". I somehow became aware that it wasn't an electrical fault, but something supernatural. I go upstairs to use the bathroom, then honest to god there were three very loud and very distinct knocks on the door. I opened the door, but noone was there. I was kind of fearful. I said a little prayer and then the knocks came again, but this time a note was passed under the door. On the note it read: I used to live here 40 years ago. You are going to die tomorrow. I later burned the note and said some prayers. It was a very scary moment in my life. I am glad to say that I am still living till this day.

What could it have been?

Was it just a manifestation of my subconcious? If so, how did it materialize into physical evidence?

Was something actually trying to hurt me?

I am still very confused till this day about what happened. I haven't returned to that house since.

I don't think I'm a spiritual of psychic person. But I have a very strong intuition and am very internal. My father has a lot of dreams that come true- virtually pre-cognition. I don't know if any of this would explain my encounter.

Anyone have any ideas?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What?!? Was anyone else at home with you? A spirit hand wrote and passed you a note?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Wouldnt that take a HUGE amount of energy for a spirit to do??

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You can't rule out that kids where knocking on the door, and only trying to scare you with the note.

Did you check with neighbours if their lights were flickering too, as their may have been an electrical fault in the area?

And, as librasleep asked "was anyone else at home with you?"

[edit on 28-6-2006 by speight89]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
only person at home at the time. very, very scary moment in my life. and yes, the spirit wrote me a note. it literally flew under the door supernaturally, as if cannoned from something. i was terrified.

plus the flickering lights were obviously done to get my attention, and i took the bait unfortunately.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by atlscribe]

[edit on 28-6-2006 by atlscribe]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't know if this is of any help, but the day this encounter happened was the day I tried opening my 3rd Eye. I found this internet site with simple enough instructions on how to do it. I never got to see with my 3rd eye, but there was a strange sensation in my brain- as if all the blood had concentrated to a point in the front region. Could I have been practicing some dark art without knowing it? I'm really trying to understand what really happened.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
just wanted to ask did you know what you were doing , when you opened your thirg eye, and also did you know what energy you perhaps created ?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wizzywo
just wanted to ask did you know what you were doing , when you opened your thirg eye, and also did you know what energy you perhaps created ?

Have no idea what energy I created. And I was just following instructions...

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
You are a careless fool! why would you try to do these kind of things off some guid you found on the net?!?! Never trust internet sources on these things! Often curses are posted or spread like that. You have no idea of what you are doing. Whatever you did it triggered the spirit. You are taking the death note too seriously. It doesn't have to be a physical death. It could refer to your 3rd eye. By the way, trying to open it is like sticking your nose into something you are not asked to. These things open either on their own or come as a gift, sometimes a curse. Do not toy with things like that. That note should be a clear warning to you. If you really want to find out you might want to look into who lived in the house 40 years ago and what took place there. You are playing with fire there, my friend.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
ok well it sounds to me like someone is totally messing with you first off. i've done stuff like that before and i'm just as alive as you are. the first thing i would have done is figure printed the note instead of burning it then you could tell if it was really a spirit or not.

what history does the home have? did someone really live there 40 years ago? and why would they want to kill you? that totally sounds like a prank. either that or your making it up. but here's the really big question...what did you do the next day when you were supposted to die?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:54 AM
link   
ooooh i know...you totally need to get some candles, draw a pentagram on the floor, and sprinkle some water around, and summon the spirit and try to talk to him.....or just get a ouiji board, that would be great.

since you dont seem to care what kind of magic your doing anyways you should totally try these things. HEHE

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   
just exactly what have you done umwolves?

Yhea, give him ideas, that's the right thing to fo ain't it. I say don't go further than finding out anything about the house. That is, like umwolves said, unless you are making it up ofcourse, it does sound doggy.

it doesn't sound like a poltergeist to me either.
[edit on 29-6-2006 by Kalos]

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Kalos]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
How does making it up benifit me exactly? This # actually happened. I don't see how it was a prank seeing I was the only one at home at the time.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Maybe you should do some research on google for other's that have recieved written messeges from spirits? I have never heard of it, but maybe someone out there has.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
ok, an obvious question, the knocking on the door and the note pass, was it the bathroom door or the front door of your house?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi

I can't understand why a spirit would write a note to you ? this would need alot of energy. And for someone to mess around with things they do not understand is stupid, i also think others are right by saying to check out the history of the house, and perhaps get some proffessional assistance on checking your house out, someone who knows what they are dealing with, but don't waste their time.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
man thts scary! i was reading this and my dog came into my room and totally scared the living ....poop out of me! jeez! well i'm pretty much agreeing with everyone else: you should do a background check on the house...see if its even 40 years old...did you
happen to have a ...idk what its called....fuse box ....no something to do with the electricity out side? cuz it just sounds like an elaborate prank to me

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ok, the flickering lights is sometimes a sign of demon infestation! My lights flickered and I went to a church and told the pastor, and he prayed over me. By opening the 3rd eye, I think you opened some doors that maybe shouldn't have been opened. I think you somehow called in some evil spirits. The spirit definitely wasn't a good angel, because they would never scare you and tell you that you were going to die, so it was obviously an evil spirit. I think it must be similar to playing with a Ouija Board. You accidently opened a door and let a demon come into your home! I would pray for any and all curses on your life and home to be removed AND RETURNED to whoever sent it out. Your were right to burn the note! Then, ask God to forgive you for dabbling in the unknown. Hope it all works out for you!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
i'm tellin you, get some candles and summon them....tell us all about it....that would be soo great.

But seriously, what did you do to open your 3rd eye exactly?

And how would making this whole thing up benifet you? simple-ATTENTION!!!!

i personally think you made it all up but i am interested in what you did to open your 3rd eye. i'm sure someone here will tell you where you went wrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7
Ok, the flickering lights is sometimes a sign of demon infestation! My lights flickered and I went to a church and told the pastor, and he prayed over me. By opening the 3rd eye, I think you opened some doors that maybe shouldn't have been opened. I think you somehow called in some evil spirits. The spirit definitely wasn't a good angel, because they would never scare you and tell you that you were going to die, so it was obviously an evil spirit. I think it must be similar to playing with a Ouija Board. You accidently opened a door and let a demon come into your home! I would pray for any and all curses on your life and home to be removed AND RETURNED to whoever sent it out. Your were right to burn the note! Then, ask God to forgive you for dabbling in the unknown. Hope it all works out for you!

Thank you. I think this is exactly what happened.

new topics

top topics

join