It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China warns U.S on possible pre-emptive strike on N.K

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
As tensions continue to raise about N.K's possible balistic missile tests, China, once again has been the vioce of reason and called for diplomacy rather than military action..

"We hope that the various parties will proceed from the greater interest of maintaining stability on the Korean peninsula and refrain from taking measures that might worsen the situation on the peninsula."

news.ninemsn.com.au...

IMO, this is another example of the aggressive attitude of the current U.S administration. I believe a preemptive strike against NK would only flare tensions.

Although the road might be slower, i believe the smarter way forward is continued diplomacy, especially from the Chinese.

Very reminiscant of the Iranian scenario. Chinese push for talks, US push (or at least threaten) military action. IMO violence begets more violence.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
And you actually think a reasonable scenario will be established via diplomacy? I doubt a dictatorship country such as N.Korea would actually want such talks. Many dictatorships like to boast about military capabilities, I am more than sure N.Korea will mention their tests in most newspapers controlled by the Government, I can't see them stopping testing now and giving in to another power. (IMO)

In my eyes there seems to be an ever increasing East/ West divide in this world, both in military and politics stakes.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

And you actually think a reasonable scenario will be established via diplomacy?

I believe that it would be a better option than pre-emptivly striking North Korean silo's, Yes.

In my eyes there seems to be an ever increasing East/ West divide in this world, both in military and politics stakes.

I think the most obvious divide, at least in this scenario, is the differance in diplomatic strategy. IMO if the U.S continue to try and pre-emptivly attack(or even threaten) every country they don't agree with it will come back and bite them in the a$$.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I do not see how public favour could possibly be won with N.Korea. To Many N. Koreans the U.S are the enemy. Many national newspapers report on how the U.S wants to kill them all in a nuclear strike, I do not see how they would want to negotiate with the US- after all, the U.S is an enemy to them.

And do not kid yourself that China wants to help the situation. Who do you think N.Korea is buying the weapons grade materials from, yes you guessed it! China of all peaople. Kind of makes sense they want 'diplomatic' talks!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Many dictatorships like to boast about military capabilities

You mean like America and its bragging about the bunker buster, anti-missile shield, and shock and awe campaign against a disarmed nationed?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

Many dictatorships like to boast about military capabilities

You mean like America and its bragging about the bunker buster, anti-missile shield, and shock and awe campaign against a disarmed nationed?

It is extremely easy to scrutinise afew words from an argument for your own 'personal gain' but what exactly is your point? A jibe at the U.S? Hinting they are a dictatorship?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well heres some of my thought's. Many people say that the u.s.a. is the actual violent, mean, evil, empire. I strongly believe that there are many mant countries out there that if givin the chance would do us alot of harm.....We know this our government knows this. We must police the nuclear issue with passionate aggression. but sooner or later there may be a time when many countries ally together and say hey we are tired of the u.s.a. sticking its nose in our business. then we are in big trouble

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

And do not kid yourself that China wants to help the situation. Who do you think N.Korea is buying the weapons grade materials from, yes you guessed it! China of all peaople. Kind of makes sense they want 'diplomatic' talks!

You know this, do you?

I was under the impression NK made their own weapons grade material, as is apparently the US admin, the UN, etc etc...

I was just wandering what information your privy too that the rest of us aren't..

GSA

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Goodness me! What is it with little men needing bigger and better toys?

Come on boys grow up a little bit and let the world rest easy that your egos are sated by a good shiny missiles and tanks....

Ok so they want nukes and missiles. So let them have them. Give them to south korea, and keep MAD as every ones first thought for the day - then step back and let them live like usa / ussr years ago.

Same with Iran. let them have nuclear fuel and weapons, but give Israel and others in the region massive military support - Keep the world rolling along in fear for a few decades then call a truce, and every one will all be happy again... just like usa/ ussr in the late 80's and 90's.

On one condition though. The first person to use them in aggression gets slapped back into the dark ages by every one else in a massive co-ordinated strike to wipe them off the face of the earth. Oh and every one else builds space based weapons and defense shields against ICBM / IBM's. Roll on wwIII people..

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A strike on North Korea wouldn't BE preemptive. It would be a resumption of hostilities. The US and North Korea have been at a technical state of war since the 1950s. The Korean War was never officially ended. No formal cease fire was ever signed.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

And do not kid yourself that China wants to help the situation. Who do you think N.Korea is buying the weapons grade materials from, yes you guessed it!

The relationship between China and NK is not as cozy as some people seem to think.
The North has been very critical of China, despite that the fact that it is trade with China and direct Chinese economic aid that keeps the North Korean economy from disintegrating.

China has also been pushing the North Koreans to stay at the ongoing six-party talks, and issued a statement publicly opposing any North Korean test launch.

It's not in China's interest to see chaos erupt on the Korean peninsula, especially at a time when they're doing record trade with South Korea and trying to woo them politically. Unlike the South, the North offers China nothing but headaches.

[edit on 6/28/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Same with Iran. let them have nuclear fuel and weapons, but give Israel and others in the region massive military support - Keep the world rolling along in fear for a few decades then call a truce, and every one will all be happy again... just like usa/ ussr in the late 80's and 90's.

Bit back to front there! Israel already recieves massive military support from the US AND has nuclear weapons. In fact, if it wasn't for the constant support of the US, Israel would have no army to speak of, at least not one that is so far ahead of it's neighbours.

So, using your example, Iran should be allowed nukes as a MAD detterent to Israel, not the other way round.

new topics

top topics

join