It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror right here at ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Do I have your attention?

Good.

I made this title as inviting as possible to illustrate a point.

I say this because I see a great terror sweeping this room in particular. This threat is the irresponsible, sensationalistic posting that is seeming to fall into a regular pattern here. Here is the formula:

1. Take a current topic involved with terrorism

2. Post a provocotive headline.

3. Fill the thread with a false conclusion with some irresponsible comments.

4. Fill other members with rage.

5. Bicker over things not even related to the topic.

Let us take Skippytjc's recent post about Iran withdrawing from talks with the US.

Here is a perfect example. This was a perfectly honest story, which happened to be a perfectly honest thread until the term "Duck and Cover" was added to give the impression that WW3 had been started.

Don't get me wrong. This is not a direct attack on Skippy. It is merely a pattern I have noticed in his, and other's postings. THIS WAS AN EXAMPLE.

I write this because I am an avid fan of debate. I like almost all of the threads that are posted here. I think this is a great forum.

I write this because I want this type of debate to flourish, not be ransacked by people who are just trying to incite and upset people.

This is not a post about earth consuming predictions, nor about nuclear terror or WMD's or great earthquakes. This is a thread about the sensationalism of irresponsbly posted subjects that do more to hinder than to make this site the best it can be.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Its one thing for a government to do that. They can excuse it as part of their "duty." But its another thing for the populace to partake in that. Its absolutely unacceptable.

Great point you bring up!

As for skippy, I dunno how long you've been here, but that's his M.O. Don't be surprised if you see that from him often.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You make it sound so...one sided. There are others- like Souljah- who do the same thing. It happens on both sides of the issue- people call Israel a terrorist state, which brings a flurry of replies. Or, better yet, accuses the Coalition of heinous atrocities with not so much of the evidence.

I think it's backlash from the 'Fields of Glass' days. The WOT forums swings back and forth between liberals and conservatives fairly regularly. Since the debates are so politicized, I'm starting to this they should just exile it to PTS.

DE

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Please don't misunderstand this post. This is happening on both sides of the ideological/political fence.

I just think it is rediculous on both sides and I trying to voice my opinion to try and get a discussion going so that we can try to discuss things in a more positive way.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
There Oughtta Be Law!

Check this out:

A thread of yours has been moved to PTS

Note that inflammatory and overtly political opinions are welcome on PTS.

As well as intelligent analysis and stimulating discussion.

Threads that are based on political issues will be moved to Politics of War, where they will be welcomed with open arms.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Great point you bring up!

As for skippy, I dunno how long you've been here, but that's his M.O. Don't be surprised if you see that from him often.

Please don’t make me go looking for the VAST majority of examples of this from you.

And your generalization of my posts is just another example of your hate/agenda driven blindness. And the fact that you singled me out is noted. Its funny, you have exonerated yourself as being one that’s eluded to here and totally omitted every person who shares your opinions. Why not mention Souljah? Mehran? Aelita? Easy: You agree with them.

So, opposite opinion of yours = sensationalism and irresponsible posting.

You are so filled with hatred it’s almost unbelievable, and certainly predictable.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This Thread Has Been Moved To Slug-Fest!

Also known as "Fight Club". Here are the rules:

1. The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club.

2. The second rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club.

3. What is said in Fight Club stays in Fight Club.

4. Fight clean, fight hard and shake hands when you're done.

5. Other members are on topic here. You can say what you think of other members, but no name-calling, cussing, spitting or breaking the furniture.

6. This is the only forum on ATS/PTS/BTS where you can legally talk about other members in a negative way. Nonetheless, all AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use apply.

7. Don't talk about members not in this thread. Anyone can join in at any time, but they will be subject to all the rules by virtue of being here.

8. A member can bow out at any time by posting the simple message: "I'm done." There will be no shame in doing so, and there will be no further mention of that member by anyone.

9. If you stay, you will follow the rules or suffer the consequences. The consequences are up to the Fight Club refs to decide, and we pride ourselves on being creative -- and compassionate.

10. Vent your frustrations, be honest about them and make your case. "Shake hands" when you're done and then forget about what was said here.

11. If you have a problem with any of this, leave now. Otherwise, good luck!

[edit on 7/12/2006 by Majic]

new topics

top topics

join