It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok ive gotta ask this please awnser if you know...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
ok i havent flown since 9/11 whats the airports like now im going on a trip and i was wondering how security is thanks,twix

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well I think they're letting you take toenail clippers on again. If flying international and depending on the airport you may want to get there at least two hours in advance.

I wouldn't put a pocket knife in your carry on and of course if you have the choice always pick the security guard with the thinnest fingers...just saying.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It's about back to where it was pre-9/11. Don't pack anything sharp in your carry on bags, and get there about 2-3 hours ahead of your flight and you should be ok. (2 hours domestic, 3 hours international at a minimum.)

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They added more rules as to what you can bring on the plane with you (carry-on luggage).. Before 9/11, you were allowed to bring knitting needles, now you can't.. not supposed to bring a lighter, matches preferred.. men used to be able to carry their shaving kits with razors.. now I'm not even sure you can have it in the belly of the plane..

To be honest, they got stupid with it. All for the sake of the illusion of security..
(If I *really* wanted to hurt someone.. there are ways that don't involve anything I could possibly bring on a plane.. or just use their own headphone cords... it's retarded. Truly, utterly, stupify-ingly retarded.)

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Personally, I haven't noticed much of a difference, though I didn't travel much before 911. Maybe there is a longer line at the metal detector.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No lighters, last I heard razors were allowed again, very small knives, nail cutters, some scissors were all allowed.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Things arent much diffrent at LGA, JFK or westchester. I did have my GF with me and they said we couldnt bring on a nail filer.....so we just bought one in the store once
we got past gate security. But....its the stupidity i expect from these people. So word
of advice is...dont bring any metal or sharp objects, you can always buy them for cheap when you get to your destination, or just buy them at the air port when you get past security. Hell.....you can buy whole kitchen knife sets at the stores...when you get past security.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twix
ok i havent flown since 9/11 whats the airports like now im going on a trip and i was wondering how security is thanks,twix

The airport is decent ... But to save you abotu an hour .. of checking in and random BS .... Go to a google.com .. type in Pass airport Security .. They will mail you a form fill it out mail it back they will do backgroudn checks screening ... and once you get there .. You are set they will mail you back a card that sayd you are Legit. anyways ... Other than that .. Watch out for the ... Bombers ... LoL ....
and bring a Parachute.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
im 13 so will they screw with me still ???

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's up to the computer when you made the reservation. When they put your name in the system, it chooses randomly if you'll need secondary screening or not. If you do then yes, they'll "screw with you too". As long as you don't take anything you shouldn't, and you don't carry any knives or sharp objects in your carry on bag I don't see why you'd have a problem.

Oh, and being 13 I think I should just say a word of warning, DO NOT say the word "bomb" or "hijack" or anything like that in the checkpoint. They CAN arrest you just for joking about it at the airport. The fines were increased about 8 years ago now too, so they're up to $250,000.

I have no idea if you're the kind of person to do something like that, but when I was a screener we got that kind of thing from younger people, so I'm just passing it on as advice.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join