It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War Over "War Secrets": Why The NY Times Is Not Treasonous (Op/Ed)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
quote: However, sedition might be defined as "giving aid and comfort to the enemy", them the NYT editor is guilty of it, as are Murtha, Kerry, et-al.

Could you explain how this is?

REPLY: You don't think that Al-Queda, or Iraqi insurgents, or any other of the terrorists watch CNN, or can't access the NYT or Wash. Post on the internet? The crap coming from the mouths of Murtha, Kerry et-al is the same thing they did to cause the loss of the Viet Nam war. I watched/heard it happen. I don't want to nring politics into this, but helping us lose the VN war was the last great "victory" for the Left, and they want to do it, again. We won every major battle in VN; that war was lost right here at home, thanks to policians, the media and academia.

What nation is the enemy of our state as it relates to these news items?

REPLY: See my replies, above.

Johnny Ohm: I'm still waiting for the link as to the speech/press conference where Bush said we were using SWIFT. That is what this thread is based on, and I've yet to see that link. If he said it then so be it, but I follow politics/economics very closely, and I don't recall it.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

But a search of public records -- government documents posted on the Internet, congressional testimony, guidelines for bank examiners, and even an executive order President Bush signed in September 2001 -- describe how US authorities have openly sought new tools to track terrorist financing since 2001. That includes getting access to information about terrorist-linked wire transfers and other transactions, including those that travel through SWIFT.

``There have been public references to SWIFT before," said Roger Cressey, a senior White House counterterrorism official until 2003. ``The White House is overreaching when they say [The New York Times committed] a crime against the war on terror. It has been in the public domain before."

Link

BTW, has the NYT been charged yet? No?

Mod Edit: Long link only.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Jamuhn: Thank you for the post and link. Be that as it may, the NYT and more have, in the past, leaked TS information, and in those cases they, and the leakers, should be brought into court.

[link] www.abovetopsecret.com... [link]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
And why haven't any of these publications being accused of revealing state secrets and "treason" been charged?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Full Article Link

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Bush administration was running several intelligence programs, including one major activity, that it kept secret from Congress until whistle-blowers told the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee, the committee's chairman said on Sunday.

Rep. Pete Hoekstra, a Michigan Republican who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, said on Fox News Sunday he had written a four-page to President George W. Bush in May warning him that the failure to disclose the intelligence activities to Congress may be a violation of the law.

In doing so, he confirmed a story that first ran in Sunday editions of the New York Times.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Someone better arrest Congress for treason quick!

We need to arrest Congress, all journalists not affiliated with Faux News, and basically anyone who doesn't support every move the President makes, as they're all traitors. In fact, judging by the latest opinion polls, we need to arrest the 60% of the American population for treason. Only then, once all 180 million traitors have been tried and sent to reeducation/extermination camps, can we truly be free!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join