It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a milion dollars....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
it wouldn't be enough. I'd still be out robbin' armored trucks.

A house on unincorporated and easily defendable land somewhere reasonable close to Laughlin or Las Vegas complete with a sterling motor generator and a water condenser among other luxuries- self sufficient.

A small personal armory consisting of several high calliber revolvers, a few shotguns, an M-14, an AR-15, and a barret .50cal.

A decent wardobe- mostly jeans and T-shirts are my style really, so most of the money there goes into jackets, boots, hats, etc, and even then it's not a millionaire's wardrobe really.

Then cars... I'd like to buy old cars, fix em up, and sell em for a living afterwards, and the remainder of my million makes more than enough to get everything I need to do a respectable job of it.

Eventually I'd want a small collection of my own of course, all restored personally.

'66 Chevelle
'74 Camaro RT (I have a specific VIN# in mind- my grandpa fixed it up for my mom)
'83 Camaro (again specific VIN- my first car)
'86 Firebird (the anniversary edition that came with a turbo-charged 3.8L buick V6)
'94 Ford F-150 (I always wanted to see what could be done to rod out that ugly but very reliable big block 6 in my truck)

and something that sucks slightly less gas... probably a Harley FXR.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrender_dorothy

Originally posted by xeroxed88
If I had a million dollars...

I would get it changed into GBP!

£ FTW!

what did you just say?

I thought you said you were Jesus? Surely Jesus knows what I said?!

*Ahem*
To put it another way, I would get it converted into GBP (Great British Pounds - £), I can't use Dollars here, this is England!

Then, I said, '£ FTW!', which means, English Pound (£) FOR THE WIN!

Capiche?

[edit on 30-6-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
Would invest it and live off the intrest.
Would also hold the biggest party this planet has ever SEEN !!!

No way. Even if you could get 5% compounded yearly you are looking at $35k a year TOPS after taxes.

Guess what? Mortgage rates are 6.5% or more, thats 1.5% HIGHER than any interest you would be earning with that money in the bank. Soooo...you would be effectively earning 1.5% MORE (and income tax free) by putting that into buying a home outright and not having that loan.

You just cant live off the interest of $1 million dollars anymore. Gone are the days of 7-11% interest rates from any account that you could draw from at will.

Best to buy a home and skip intetrest payments on that loan.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join