It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Air Strike and Troop Movement In Gaza Right Now!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i just saw something about it on fox.

talking about how the palastinians are threatening to kill the kindnapped if isreal doesnt call the dogs off.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
I can't believe this- there's still hardly nothing on the major news networks.

It's on the BBC, live coverage. Depends on how you define 'major' I suppose

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Now that they have turned this into a military affair, I believe they will. I think if they had just kept to diplomacy they would have released this boy unharmed

Thats why they kidnapped him right, to release him unharmed right?

Strangerous
Might is right huh?

It doesn't make right, but its sure useful for decimating an population and enforcing military control on their cities and roads. Tends to mean that you don't attack and kidnap the soldiers of a country that is 'mightier' than you.

thepieman
Would it honestly have hurt them to trade a living human for a living human instead of now, probably a dead israeli for 100's of dead palestinians?

Who precisely do you think is worse off in that deal?

Wouldn't it make sense for the palestinians to say 'alright, we concede, you guys rock, now we'll stop trying to kill you'????????

This is insanity.

Whats insane is that the palestinians seem to think they stand a chance at getting their independence by waging war against israel. Its been what, fifty years? Two generations in that part of the world where a generation is terribly short? Might be time to re-evalutate the grande strategy no?

majesticjax
If this were any other nation invading another, it would be on a continuous loop!

It is odd. Some of them are focused on this ludicrous fag burning ammendment, but meanwhile, the seeds of wwiii are starting to germinate.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
[If there's one thing I've learned about the Middle East, it's that nothing about it is obvious.

Israel/Palestine is at the center of a global game of chess which involves all the major powers.

Zech.12
[1] The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.
[2] Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.
[3] And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
oh those poor palistinians. dont make me puke retards!!! The more land Isreal gives up the more they are attacked ((((((Hey Isreal)))))))) Nuke them all men, women, and children they are all the same! Finish the job you were given in Exudus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the bombs are coming your way any way, just do it!~
[edit on 27-6-2006 by Graystar]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
oh those poor palistinians. dont make me puke retards!!! The more land Isreal gives up the more they are attacked ((((((Hey Isreal)))))))) Nuke them all men, women, and children they are all the same! Finish the job you were given in Exudus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the bombs are coming your way any way, just do it!~

Hey I am all for the Israelis, but give it a rest will ya. Man, as if we did not have enough "Oh Noes, its the JOOOOOOS" crowd here on ATS already, we do not need your muck-raking. Comments like yours is worse than the Palestinian apologist.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sorry but I wont stop untill i see the cloud over islam land and its lies their children are no better they are beter off dead if that s to hard to hear then have me thrown off the site!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's really bad of Israel to be doing this. Apparently their innocent little visit has already resulted in the destruction of a few bridges, and some damage to a power station. I bet the people living round there don’t appreciate it; in fact I would say that it is quite a selfish reaction for one little Israeli soldier. I mean couldn’t they have at least done the invasion (which is probably going to end up with his execution) without wrecking public infrastructure because I'm sure the people living there don’t appreciate it; and maybe it’s a bit self defeating if resentment can bread terrorism?
Israelis should know that if Israel cuts of money to the Palestinian government then of course this is going to engineer a violent response. Israelis should know that if Israel maps it boundaries at will (without adequate compensation) (as recently as building that wall) then of course this is going to put their nation in the wrong.
I think it displays arrogance and sin for Israel to block the Palestinian nation’s aid because it does not formally recognise Israel. I say this solely because the Palestinian government of Hamas had become non violent, and because I think peace is worth more than forcing another nation to kiss your feet.

Israel’s behaviour makes me wonder if the administrative class of Israel wants peace in Israel. I wonder whether the military establishment and public way of thinking have grown too big for their boots. America’s public mindset experienced the fear of terrorism on 9/11. Thankfully I believe they are recovering from the fact that a very small number of twisted people can inflict a lot of destruction, I think they have realised that the chances of it happening to them are smaller than the ones of it appearing on their TV’s 100 times. Israel is an environment that has been exposed to something like near constant swarms of mini 9/11’s. Then again what did all those little European migrants from 1948 plus expect when they heard they would be claiming land they had not bought? But in spite of that I'm sure Israel and Palestine could be living in peace together providing the Israeli side would not keep invading the other. As for terrorist individuals they must know that many people think they deserve to be shot as well as martyred. But perhaps they realise the very disrespect and disturbance the Israeli wall symbolizes was caused by their mostly useless, temper driven actions? After all if all they wanted was Israeli withdraw from a few settlements then isn’t that about all they have accomplished up and till now?
But I’ll never forget why Israel’s existence causes people to behave in this way, remembering “why” makes me sympathise with why the terrorism happens as much as I disagree with the terrorism itself happening.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Having lots of Arab mates i always ask them why other Arab countrys dont help there palestinian brothers in there figth ?.

This is really sad.......you would think a people who went through the holocaust would be extra sensitive to commintg a Palestinian-holocaust. I guess the lessons of WW2 are lost in ignorance

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well its obviously not as bad as the world war two holocast yet. Bet if things continue the way they are I certainly would not rule out such a Arab holocast anything from ten to thirty years from now. Apparently the younger generation are often quite right wing. Perhaps they are therefore clearly more open to repeating the mistakes of history?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It pisses me off how arrogant some Jews can be, and no that's not a generalized statement concerning all. But this pertains to those that long for the longlevity of their religious state and how they're so aggressive against the Palestinians.

I can't even say anymore on this matter because they keep me locked as speechless as to how their actions are towards the Palestinians, I sympthasize for them. Why we let them keep us wrapped around their finger, I don't understand, I know it's up there in the conspiracy world.

I would just leave them and cut off military support or give them harsh words for their actions, not yield when they commit treacherous acts, and support them when they get attacked for what they've done.

This is one of the most distasteful subjects I've ever had to encounter on the International Scale, short of the African Arms issues and how chaotic it is there.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

Israel’s behaviour makes me wonder if the administrative class of Israel wants peace in Israel. I wonder whether the military establishment and public way of thinking have grown too big for their boots.
[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

Interesting; maybe there's a mini "military-industrial complex" going on in Israel. I'd be interested to see a breakdown on where they get their weapons. I'm betting they get the majority from us. (USA)

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Interesting footnote I just thought about too- sorry, it probably has nothing, (or everything), to do with this thread; anyone ever seen "Lord of War" with Nicholas Cage? At the end of the movie in text, they said, and I'm paraphrasing I think, that the LARGEST SUPPLIERS OF WEAPONS, are the five permanent members of the UN security council- China, France, Russian Federation, U.K. and U.S.A. Is this by design? Maybe it's a good idea and has been thought out. un.org

It's the definition of IRONIC! Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Sorry but I wont stop untill i see the cloud over islam land and its lies their children are no better they are beter off dead if that s to hard to hear then have me thrown off the site!!!

Engrish Man Engrish! If you want to troll, at least use proper grammar.

So you are saying you want to kill women and children. You really want to go on record with that. Yeah...good luck with that. BTW I would give your troll "attempt" a 1/10 flames. But thanks for playing & enjoy your free supply of Troll Chow.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by Imperium Americana]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The actions of Israel pulling out of Gaza and removing the settlements are exactly the steps they needed to take to gain some amount of peace in the Levant. Would it be peace through negotiation, recognition, and statesmenship, or peace through destruction of the opposition? By clearing out of Gaza, they have let the PA demonstrate their continuing intentions to wish for the destruction of Israel. They gave Abbas and to some extent Hamas a chance to become a de facto nation and those two parties blew it.

I have been empathetic towards the Palestinians for many years. I understand the complete brain-washing that must take place when you grow up in a refugee camp with no true home, and see the Israelis only as an enemy to fight against. That empathy ran out when the Palestinians elected Hamas, continued to fire Qassam rockets into Israel on a daily basis, engaged in terror in Israel, and kidnapped an Israeli soldier.

The soldier will be killed. Israel must do what a nation must to protect its people.

It is all a shame. Hebrew, Christianity, and Islam. Three faiths following the same God, killing each other for centuries.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have been reading many people's messages on this on other message boards. People say America is wanting to disarm all these Islamic countries for Israel, I say bs. It is about oil and economics. It always has been. America and the UK are facing huge competition from China. China is trying to manipulate things so they get most of the oil for themselves. America and the UK has beat it at its own game with Iraq. They (America & China) want to secure their ties to oil. So the countries have their little puppet states. Israel is America's.

I personally believe in Iran America and Britain will just BOMB the hell out of Iran. Especially concentrating on oil fields and power plants. The oil fields will be like "oops sorry, bad intelligence". Why would we do that? Iraq will make about 930 million barrels of oil a year, China would get a lot of oil from Iran. All of it will be sold to the US and its allies (there won't be enough for China). Not to mention the US and its allies buy a huge portion of Saudia Arabia's oil, and other countries. It will starve China of oil, and they will get p i s s e d.

Sorry for the long post. But this little thing between Israel and Palestine will NOT start WW3. Other things probably will.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

The really ironic thing is that you could stay here as long as you like and express your opinion as passionately as you like if you'd just refrain from directly addressing those who disagree with you or phrasing things in such a way as to be as infamatory as possible towards them.

You can say dang near anything you want about how you percieve the role of Islam in causing the event being discussed- it's only things like calling people retards (in your previous post) that really creates a significant threat of you getting warned.

Come on folks, it's a subject that ruffles feathers. There are religious undertones, there is contention over the place of basic human rights in this situation, then to cap it all off it may perhaps be an analogy of sorts for things that America is doing elsewhere... yep, all the makings of a real bitter disagreement, but a little eloquence goes a long way. When you have to rip down everything a person believes in, it costs nothing to be polite.

As for the justice of these events, my opinion is that the two sides deserve eachother. Maybe one side or the other has more blood on its hands, maybe one side is less open to peace, whatever. In my opinion it's a wash because neither side is doing enough and that's unacceptable regardless of degree: I don't care if one country just has a little blood on its hands and the other is holding a beating human heart- i aint shaking with either one of them.

As wholes, the two groups lack the collective common sense to reign in their own radical elements and entertain the notion that if they really want to stay on that land/not be exterminated, finding a way to stop the conflict that is killing their children might be a good place to start.

Yeah yeah, we can't decide which in a rainbow of lines and a slough of ceasefire agreements we want to revert to, and we hate eachother's pagan blasphemies, but being willing to kill over it? You generally have to push a guy pretty far to get him to kill or risk being killed. Let's not kid ourselves, these aren't populist conflicts. They're being stirred up politically. If the populations on each side had the guts to take a stand for peace, they could drag their governments kicking and screaming into it, or topple them and install governments that would play ball.

Unless the average man on the street in Palestine WANTS the Israeli army romping all over Gaza, and unless the average man on the street in Israel WANTS kidnappings and bombings to be a fact of life, lets see them go after their own governments and demand a little self-restraint and enforcement.

They're perfect for eachother and they deserve the war until they try to stop it.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Having lots of Arab mates i always ask them why other Arab countrys dont help there palestinian brothers in there figth ?.

This is really sad.......you would think a people who went through the holocaust would be extra sensitive to commintg a Palestinian-holocaust. I guess the lessons of WW2 are lost in ignorance

It is sad really, it seems every country that the palestinians touch, they hurt. Jordan was a good example, when the palestinians where inside jordan borders, the king was terrified of them. They are an irrational bunch of people, and they don't like the fact someone is standin up to them and not only that, but the fact that it is jews standing up to them. No country will devote much effort to their cause, because they have no case. No body wants them, if they were a country what would they produce? They have no natural resources worth mining, fair farming but who would buy it? Israel? From the economic collapse they had after Israel stoped giving them funds it would be a state compleetly funded by international states.

Aside from their land not being worth anything, the only thing they do hold is key relgious sites, however Israel allows movement to and from religous site for all muslims and christians and in no way claims them for them selves. Israel is a militaristic state BECAUSE of it's neighbors, and because they have the balls to strike first. If you let the hundreds of "innocent" children and women out of jail tomorow, next week you will have young Israeli children, women and men captured and held hostage. THAT IS WHY WE DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORIST!!!! They have no regard for human life, it is a cesspool of refugee camps that will never be a functioning state, and because they are who they are no one wants to absorb them into their country.

How dare the western world claim Israel is inhumane. If jewish terrorist struck Turkey, Iran, Syria, whoever there would be HELL TO PAY for the jews and they would most likely be hunted down like dogs and killed. No, Israel has every right to attack like this, and they have every right to inflict civilian cassualties if it causes the terrorist state to know that if they ever hit Israel, Israel hits harder!! We sit here so far away from that area of the world we don't know what it is like to be shot at with rockets and mortars. What would we do if Mexico attacked us like that? We would invade and dismantle the country to better suit our needs just like we did in afgahnistan and Iraq. The western world is nothing but hypocrates! The only thing holding Israel back is that they don't want to upset America, they want peace, and they want to be left alone! Thats why they build a fence to excape having to look at that disgusting refugee camp and their terrorist.

Hammas backed that abduction, the government is not trying to control the militaint group. This was an act of war. As an act of war, Israel should be allowed to carry out whatever needs to be done to teach these fools yet another lesson, they can't be reasond with.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
But I’ll never forget why Israel’s existence causes people to behave in this way, remembering “why” makes me sympathise with why the terrorism happens as much as I disagree with the terrorism itself happening.

Wow. See this is why the Democrats can't win these days.

That way of thinking is totally absurd. Isreal is laying down a clear message, terrorist acts will be met with overwheming force. This is the correct policy. Anyother policy will only encourage terrorism.

The terrorists want to destroy Isreal!! How would you fix the problem, ask all the Israeli's to move to Europe??!!?!

-- Boat

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I totally agree with you! [The Vagabound]

But it isn't so simple as I mentioned in my previous post. Israel is a puppet for the US to control its interests. The only place where the US can launch things, or store things in that part of the Middle East, or fight petty wars with terrorists and other people not with the West. Not to mention the palestinians are backed by many Islamic governments and most Islamic people. Most (governments) don't outright condemn Israel because of their ties with America. Nobody will attack Israel because 1) Israel has one of the best air forces and a great army, 2)and nukes, 3)and is supplied and supported by America and probably the UK (in political affairs US and UK are usually together in everything). So it is much deeper unfortunately.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join