It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm just TOO SHY...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
prophetmike- you are avoiding the situation. You are concentrating on everything but the girl. You are setting yourself up for failure. Stop what you are doing.

Just one thing... HOW AM I AVOIDING THE SITUATION?!

Please clarify. If you can, then maybe I could understand myself a little more.

This thread HAS helped me to understand myself a lot more. I've also begun to think differently. So don't think you all aren't helping, because you certainly are!

Thank you all...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's like you're in orbit but you ain't getting closer to the one you yearn for... the sun of your life, if you. You gotta walk up to her and just say, "Hey you wanna do ..... [go to the movies | or something]"

Simple as that. Do it. It sounds lame as hell but she likes you she'll figure something out. Hell, maybe she hasn't seen the matrix III or whatever they have out now.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike

Originally posted by ktprktpr
prophetmike- you are avoiding the situation. You are concentrating on everything but the girl. You are setting yourself up for failure. Stop what you are doing.

Just one thing... HOW AM I AVOIDING THE SITUATION?!

Please clarify. If you can, then maybe I could understand myself a little more.

This thread HAS helped me to understand myself a lot more. I've also begun to think differently. So don't think you all aren't helping, because you certainly are!

Thank you all...

you're welcome...bet u kept the thread going for the points, a little too obvious

or else you would have finished this auspicacy 3 weeks ago

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
you're welcome...bet u kept the thread going for the points, a little too obvious

or else you would have finished this auspicacy 3 weeks ago

Actually, you are totally wrong about that. The only reason I'm keeping (or trying) to keep this thread going is because I need all the help I can get. Only one or two of my friends help, and I DEFINITELY need more than them. That's where you all came in...

What are you talking about points? Do you get points for creating a thread? I had no idea. **Thinks to self** I only have like 200 points (I think). No more than 250, DEFINITELY. If I wanted points, I'd be posting like a madman in different threads.

Thats it. For now. (I'm in school right now) :shk:

EDIT: I just checked. I only have 165 points. Plus, I already have access to RATS. I'm a LOOOONG way away from getting an e-mail, so right now I have no need for points.

[Edited on 8-12-03 by prophetmike]

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
BIG UPDATE!!!

I went to Toronto, Canada for Christmas to visit my family there. There is this girl who lives there and she's a friend of my cousin. I've become close to her over the past 2 years that I've known her. But this visit was better. MUCH better.

We actually starting acting like a couple. She told me that I was like the kind of boyfriend she always wanted. She then asked me if I wanted to start a relationship.

IN MY MIND...
I was like "OH YEAH! FINALLY!" But then, reality hit me like a big hammer in my face...

Reality AGAIN...
I realized this would be an international thing. If intercity relationships don't work well, how could an international one go?! I looked at her and said "I'd love to. But I don't think it would work out. I mean, I live in New York and you live in Toronto. Totally different countries. I'm sorry. I like you A LOT. That's the only problem."

She looked at me and smiled. She nodded her head and said "I agree. It wouldn't work out and would be stressful on us both." I agreed with her. She then asked if at least for the rest of time I was there, if we could try being like a couple just to see if anything was actually there. So I said "Yes" and that is what we did for the remainder of my time in Canada.

It went well. We realized we had A LOT in common and that if we were together, we would have a successful relationship. We agreed to end this when I left, and we did.

So here I am, back at home and feeling pretty good about myself, knowing that I can actually be involved in a successful relationship with someone. This whole experience has lifted my spirits and has actually given me some confidence.

The only thing is... I gotta see if I can get with a girl like this where I live.

ANOTHER THING... my friend Tony told me that I shouldn't try to go for girls in school becuase they know all about me and my previous trouble (READ PREVIOUS PAGES IN THIS THREAD) and that I should go for new girls whom I've never seen before. That I should hang out at my local mall. I just want to know what you all think about that and if it is really true.

Thanks, all.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
HALLELUJIA AND PRAISE THE LORD!!! Now maybe we can bury this thread hmm?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire:
Now maybe we can bury this thread hmm?

We certainly can, I just want to know though... is it better to expand my horizons NOW and look for someone outside of school, or expand next year when I start college and just find someone in school FOR NOW?

That's all I want to know.

Thanks, all.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[Edited on 29-12-03 by prophetmike]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You don't get points for posting in BTS.

2ndly You aren't your #@$@#!! points.

3rdly Just gets some balls and say Hey, would you like to hang out some time? Or Hey We should hang out sometime

oh what? Sure!

cool lets go do this...

ktpr gave you great info

It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
I know it must eat you up inside having to be on the outside looking in.

Go for it, otherwise you are going to regret it for the rest of your life.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire:
Now maybe we can bury this thread hmm?

We certainly can, I just want to know though... is it better to expand my horizons NOW and look for someone outside of school, or expand next year when I start college and just find someone in school FOR NOW?

That's all I want to know.

Thanks, all.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[Edited on 29-12-03 by prophetmike]

prophetmike ... You're still so young, why don't you try being spontaneous. Don't be so precise about things, if you find someone in school, then great, if you find someone outside of school, that's great too. Do what your heart tells you to do knowing that the choice that you make is only a choice, not a lifetime commitment.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
AHA!!!

you...you....u did it

damn, ah well, the rat race's over then(if there ever was one), you found a lovely girl i'm sure, and i'm sorry you didn't get to stick it out with her and spend some time.
ah well, god speed with ya, and your friend "tony"? smart man, i didn't think of that, but since it's an option? why not

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am officially announcing the end of this thread.

You all can still leave any extra advice you may have. But for me, you all have helped me GREATLY. Along with my recent experience, I think I'm ready to face the world and find someone.

I'll let you all know when (or IF) I find someone.

In the meantime, I just want to thank EVERYONE who participated in this thread. I'm gonna take ALL of the advice and try to use it as best as I can.

WISH ME LUCK...

THANKS AGAIN.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

EDIT: WOW. I just realized this thread has been running for 3 months... THAT'S CRAZY. Well, it's now done. (Unless anyone has extra advice)

Thanks again...

[Edited on 3-1-04 by prophetmike]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
this one's for you prophetmike

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad

By the way, what does it mean when a really hot girl knows you want in her pants, and you don't think she likes you, but she's still talking to you and being nice and smiles at you? (that ain't normal for me). In this totally hypothetical situation let's assume that you and this girl wouldn't consider each other close friends...

Prophetmike,
I'm quoting myself here to help you. I posted this in October. Turns out this girl was into me too at the time but I did nothing until a week ago so I missed my chance. If you do the same you deserve a slap. You've had much longer to think about it... I really hope you have done something.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If you DO what you DON'T want to do, you will eventually overcome this because you will learn that you were being illogical.

Sometimes people have a negative self talk voice in their heads that say youre going to make a fool of yourself, so you don't say anything..

You have no reason to be shy...

TO OVERCOME YOU MUST TAKE THE FIRST STEP...
DO WHAT U DONT WANT TO DO.

GOOD LUCK

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

I'm too shy to approach this girl I like. This is my ONLY problem. If I could overcome this, I would be SO much happier! Anyone have any suggestions? Please?

I would suggest having a few beers than go talk to her. Don't get drunk or anything, just a little loose.

Yea a little liquid courage never hurt. Just not too much to the point of making an a.s.s outta yourself. Or, just go to her with the idea in mind, "if she doesn't like me, then it's her lose totally. And if she gives me any heat, I'll tell her off." Those would be some things to think about. But beware liquid courage!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
hey, just to let you know, there is a great site that helps you with shyness and dating: doubleyourdating.com.... it revolves around the dating/courting philosophy of David Deangelo. I've bought his book and it has helped me a lot.
enoy!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I thought this thread WAS DEAD!!! Looks like even MORE people have kind words to say...

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!

I still haven't found anyone, but me & the girl from Canada still talk.

I'll let you all know if anything happens.

Thanks again for the kind words... it makes me feel good.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

EDIT: THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY LONGEST THREAD EVER! NICE! Wow. Last time I posted in this thread was Jan. 3rd... HOW TIME FLIES...

[Edited on 17-3-04 by prophetmike]

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Woah, blast from the past. Cool man. I can dig it.

I was searching to see if the thread I wanted to create, was already created. And from scanning the links, it has not.

BUT, this thread was a good read.

As far as this thread goes I recommend for anyone having problems with being shy to read through this thread. Men, check your nuts. Women, wear less clothing. Actually, women, don't wear clothing. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
you can get all the schooling you want on how to pick up chicks.. on gaining confidence, how to approach, what to say, and what to notice. some sources even charge. however, that's not always the answer. usually when the object is to gain confidence in approaching women, it's specific to women, and targets specific points about yourself that are actually stemming from deeper issues that have nothing to do with approaching women. Now I can't help you on any of that, but I can tell you how I deal with it.

I just have one simple solution...that might take practice...but it's the exact opposite of what anyone else would suggest on how to pick up women.

Don't view them as a target, view them as any other person. If you feel you want to talk to them...talk to them as you would anyone else...if you feel you want to engage in an activity...ask them as if they were anyone else. If they decline...accept it as if they were anyone else. That's how romance starts. If you just go up to them shooting for homebase, then there is no longrun; all you have is shortgame, and it practically never lasts unless a miracle happens and you continue to hang out anyways.

The problem guys have with approaching women is that they have all this sexual energy built up inside them, and when they see a girl they like they're about to explode thinking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, homerun without ever considering what the girl is even like, much less how the relationship between you will be like. I don't really have advice on how to lower that tension, but you could just try it mentally...it's what i do.

Another thing, it helps being a gentleman...to all women, regardless. It might help you in the end...finding the one for ya. So it kind of allows you to be a gentleman to her without thought or nervousness.

and if you really want a lesson...learn from a pro on the game and see where he ends up in the movie "Don Jon".

Another thing.. some girls like the awkwardness in boys around them.. they would find it flattering. I would be careful with that though, not all girls find it attractive.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
i have to say.. that is the one star on any post i've received on this website i've appreciated. i felt as if i had given valuable heart to heart information from experience trial and error on my own part.

anyways, best of luck to the overly emotional and anxious guys like us.. it can be very difficult for people like us.. it really takes someone who has these exact problems to be able to explain how they deal with it...and it's few and far between to find information like that. no master of the game can teach people like us how to approach women...it takes people like us to share their experiences in overcoming it and how to deal with it.

edit: one more thing.. shyness stems from anxiety. it might do you well to look into going to a psychiatrist that specializes in that sort of thing.. i'm definitely not a pill pusher by any means.. but some anti-anxiety medication can go a long ways..
edit on 9-10-2014 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join