It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm just TOO SHY...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
WebDevil- Thanks for your comment about the "great thread!". This is the most successful thread I've ever created in ATS/BTS. Thanks again for the kind words.

I am SOMEWHAT good with comedy... sometimes, it is crude humor. (I know girls don't like that) So I gotta rethink my strategy.

I'm having trouble with even saying "Hello" to her...

Keep the good advice coming! Thanks, everyone!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Life is short Mike. You need to # or get off the pot. Don't spend too much time pineing over one girl. It will just time you could have spent getting laid by other girls. There are other fish in the sea, don't think that she's the only one.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
NotTooHappy- Life IS short. But I want to make the best of it now. I may never see this girl again, and I have a strong feeling she's the one I want now. When I head off to college next year, things WILL change.

Anyway, I've known her for such a long time, and I've liked her for a while, I just want to start SOMETHING before its too late. I messed up two other chances the SAME WAY. I don't want there to be a third strike. All I need is the courage and determination to go up to her and be like... "Hi. I like you. Would you be interested in going out with me?" (or something along those lines).

Keep the advice coming...

**I feel the urge to create ANOTHER thread relating to something I JUST mentioned... Hmmm... COMING SOON to BTS' Relationships.**

EDIT: This new thread will be started on Tues. 11/25 or Wed. 11/26. WATCH OUT FOR IT!

[Edited on 24-11-03 by prophetmike]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetmike
I'm too shy to approach this girl I like. This is my ONLY problem. If I could overcome this, I would be SO much happier! Anyone have any suggestions? Please?

be your self. and be confident. it works.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
be your self. and be confident. it works.

Could you be a LITTLE more in-depth? Not that your advice is bad, because it is CERTAINLY NOT! It's just that those SAME words have been repeated over and over again in this thread, I'd appreciate just a little more explanation.

Thanks for the advice, KrazyIvan.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Ok dude, it has been exactly one month since this thread was started. We have given you advice. You know you should just ask her. Quit beating yourself up.

Go ahead and ask her already.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Damn straight greenkoolaid. I was about to give prophetmike some choice words for his indecision... IT's do or die at this point, dude. At this point you're about to get you legs cut off. Rock the boat or jump ship! Be wimpy forever or move on! Take your floaters off in the deep end of the pool so you can play with the mermaids... Deploy your balls so you can roll like the Mac!

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wait...you guys don't know eachother? And your juss gonna ask her out? Good luck bro, its all you. Be sure to report back, and if you need any extra help, I can try to help you if you U2U me.

-wD

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Wait...you guys don't know eachother? And your juss gonna ask her out? Good luck bro, its all you. Be sure to report back, and if you need any extra help, I can try to help you if you U2U me.

-wD

He knows her...they are friends I believe.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Prophet Mike: I don't want to sound mean or anything so please don't take it the wrong way, but, you posted this thread "one month to the day ago" and you're still pondering on whether or not to ask this girl out. I think you should just take the advice you've been given from our expert panel, we've all been there after all, and just go ahead and do it. It might feel like a big deal now but trust me you'll see life differently when you hit 30.
Just say a prayer and then go and do it.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I know that this thread has been up for a month and I know its getting a tedious. But this is a problem to me. This isn't the FIRST time I've pined over a girl for such a long time. The other two times, I have lost those girls. While I'm determined not to lose this one, I am scared that my previously mentioned "problems" will get in the way.

If you're getting tired of coming here, it's okay. You don't have to. I WOULD appreciate it, though.

EDIT: And by the way... I'm not sure if she even considers me a friend after the stupid stunts I pulled. Mostly because we haven't spoken since. But before the incident, we talked. (NOT MUCH, but at least we did).

[Edited on 26-11-03 by prophetmike]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I know that this thread has been up for a month and I know its getting a tedious. But this is a problem to me. This isn't the FIRST time I've pined over a girl for such a long time. The other two times, I have lost those girls. While I'm determined not to lose this one, I am scared that my previously mentioned "problems" will get in the way.

If you're getting tired of coming here, it's okay. You don't have to. I WOULD appreciate it, though.

EDIT: And by the way... I'm not sure if she even considers me a friend after the stupid stunts I pulled. Mostly because we haven't spoken since. But before the incident, we talked. (NOT MUCH, but at least we did).

[Edited on 26-11-03 by prophetmike]

Problem is you're looking at life as win/lose
If she rejects me i lose.
If she accepts me i win.

LIFE IS A ZERO SUM GAME.
You don't lose something you never had.
go find out if you have her. and don't play the win/lose game. otherwise there are a few problems you will have.

1. she will run your feelings. If she "makes" you happy, she can also "make" you sad.

2. she will feel pressured because she bears the burden of the relationship.

3. she will feel smothered because your feelings are overwhelming.

do yourself a favor and change your thinking before you attack the issue. otherwise you will continue into a vicious cycle.

remember. you have the right to be happy. choose to exersice this right, even tho others may not.

you also have the right as a person to be respected and well treated.

she is not the start all/end all of women. there are millions out there that are willing to put up with us men. isn't that great? lol

think hard bro, and consider my words. they are the voice of a man that got kicked in the balls one to many times because he couldn't check nuts at the doorway.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Do something and do it now. If she's as special as you say she is she'll be snapped up before you know it. If you waste your time thinking "what if..?" you will regret it.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Cider head is right. I liked this girl in high school and she liked me and I didn't do squat. Now I wish I knew where she was. With my new found adult skills I'm sure we would have a great time together

edit - my use of possessives and temporal modifiers seem to be falling off.

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBadIf you waste your time thinking "what if..?" you will regret it.

When I mentioned earlier that I missed two opportunities, that is how I lost them. WHAT IF...? is the question that messed me up. One girl moved away (during the summer) and the other just ended up going to a different high school in my district. (There are 2).

I DO feel stupid, and do NOT want a three-peat. Christmas is coming. Is this a good time to do something? I was thinking about this earlier.

NOTE: This may sound bad of me, but I will continue this thread until I get her. (or turned down)

I just keep beating myself up...

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBadIf you waste your time thinking "what if..?" you will regret it.

When I mentioned earlier that I missed two opportunities, that is how I lost them. WHAT IF...? is the question that messed me up. One girl moved away (during the summer) and the other just ended up going to a different high school in my district. (There are 2).

I DO feel stupid, and do NOT want a three-peat. Christmas is coming. Is this a good time to do something? I was thinking about this earlier.

NOTE: This may sound bad of me, but I will continue this thread until I get her. (or turned down)

I just keep beating myself up...

had the same problem as you but she knew i liked her and i knew she liked me but i was too shy to ask her out and lost her because of it, hell i cried for years after and still havent found a girl i liked the same way as her.

if only i had just asked and not care about looking foolish or turning red.

just ask her, literally walk up and tell her all, if youre embarrased just ignore it, heck she might think its cute you like her so much.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I always thought just before Christmas was a bad time to start a relationship, because you don't know how much to spend on each other. You don't want to spend too little and have her think you are cheap or don't care about her, and you don't want to spend too much and have her think you are taking things way too quickly or make her feel bad because she didn't spend as much on you as you did on her.

But having said that, you should do it anyways. You are both in highschool so you aren't expected to spend a lot on each other. Sooner you ask her out the better.

If you are shy take her to a movie. You won't be expected to talk a lot once the movie is on. Afterwards go for ice cream (I am not sure where you live and how cold it is there) Think of a few things that you can talk about before hand. Questions about her. You can use these questions to break any awkward silences if any occur.

Go for it

Edit: I see now you live in New York, maybe some hot chocolate or coffee would be better than ice cream.

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
ProphetMike: Did you stop to think that maybe she's just as shy as you are, and that just maybe, she's waiting for You to make the first move?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Quit :bnghd: your head.

Try listening to this song;

Billy Joel -
Tell her about it

Take Billys advice, but remember, friendship is the most important stage of a relationship. For without it, there really is no ship to relate to...

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm gonna try and psych myself up in the coming weeks... maybe she IS shy, but I don't think so. There are a lot of other things that are in my way.

To find out what they are, read my previous posts...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join