It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird photo taken by satellite, a UFO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Ummm the satelite that took the picture is that close too. Its not melting.
Doesn't look much like mercury or the moon to me. I do not see the sun in that photo nor does it say anywhere in the report that the object is close to the sun. And if it was near the sun, perhaps that explains the reddish glow?

Not that close as the objects. Like I said I don't have the original picture, but just like all the other pictures taken by SOHO the objects seem to be pretty close to the Sun. Really close. That way and considering their size and visibility they must be the size of a small planet, and that is impossible I would say.

The sun last I checked the distance to the Sun is about 93 million miles.

Nevertheless, there's no way we can calculate the distance the objects are from the Sun. It can go as big as a planet to as small as a dust speck.

Okay I am confused here. First you say its too close to the sun it will burn up, then you say there is no way to tell how close?

I say it looked like it was pretty close to the Sun. Check all of the SOHO pictures, that's the ideia I have.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is obviously just NASA disinformation:-

soho.nascom.nasa.gov...

The BBC just show the pictures:-

news.bbc.co.uk...

I remember pictures appearing in national newspapers in the UK too.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Do you think thats blatant disinfo??

Good find.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Found a few things.

Theres an article on Rense about it, with a link for a video, dam link doesnt work for the video.shame.
www.rense.com...

And more.
ufocasebook.com...

A scientific explanation is given here.

Professor Richard Harrison of the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in the UK, an authority of the SOHO project, said that the images are of known origins, and are instrumental effects due to imaging of extremely bright planets and stars, and the detection of cosmic rays.

Here we go, from the BBC.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Seems Nasa has said its bit and ran.

The glowing, saucer-shaped "craft" were said to be moving in a way that suggested intelligent control.

Nasa originally dismissed the images as being the result of a camera fault or as comets or asteroids and is now refusing to comment on them.

Here's what i found surprising.

Mr Murray obtained the images from a Spanish businessman who picked them up from Soho using a giant satellite dish at his home outside Barcelona.

Over the past two years, he has collected about 700 of the pictures.

700!

Camera fault, asteroids or comets, or just a plain old UFO?

Mr Murray said: "The first thing we did when we got the images was to speak to Nasa, who said it was a camera fault.

"But by enhancing the images we proved this wasn't the case."

He said Nasa then suggested the objects could be asteroids or comets - but this did not explain the way they appeared to move independently and make turns.

How did he prove they made turns?
wheres that evidence?

Thats all for now, but worth looking into, and any help is appreciated.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Do you think thats blatant disinfo??

Good find.

No, I was being sarcastic. I think NASA's explanation is far more likely than there being a constant stream of alien spacecraft flying in front of the Sun .....

(If there really were that many spaccraft out there, surely the Earth would have been demolished by the Vogons to make way for a hyper-space by-pass by now .....
)

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
[removed quote of Entire preceeding post]

And the secret to the universe is 47 right? lol

Well, strange how one guy with a sat dish on his roof was able to take 700 pics using this probe, i find that strange, is that possible?

Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/29/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Thanks for all the comments, im still at a loss on this one, as is there anymore information on this, has anyone seen these before?

SOHO has had a long history of taking shots of highly unusual sights out in the direction of the sun. Something going on with the sun is of interest to to more than just scientists. Maybe some spacecraft are using our sun in some sort of slingshot manuever to increase speed or time travel like was done in that Star Trek movie?

All the things going on near the sun way have some bearing on why the supposed secret US space fleet is referred to as Solar Warden. It's all mostly speculation and I started a Solar Warden thread in the Skunkworks room for people to just speculate away...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

And the secret to the universe is 47 right? lol

Well, strange how one guy with a sat dish on his roof was able to take 700 pics using this probe, i find that strange, is that possible?

No no no!

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42.

Problem now is figuring out exactly what the ultimate question is...

Ain't circular logic grand!

[edit: nested quote removed]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, I wondered if the "disinfo" statement could be true? As I pondered it , I thought "Why Not show a comparison of comet's that were caught by SOHO and side-by-side them?" So, here you go.

i74.photobucket.com...

The original picture posted by the thead authur is much more different than the "Comet" theory. I feel this is one of those argument's where everybodies right?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Cool comparison, Allred!

The best bet would simply be to get a video tape of the object in question. If they seem to violate the laws of physics or move in an intelligent way we'd really have something.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well, bill murray did say this.

According to Murray, the craft were said to be moving in a way that suggested intelligent control.

But thats all talk as far as i can see, where the evidence to say these objects dont follow a normal pattern?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

(If there really were that many spaccraft out there, surely the Earth would have been demolished by the Vogons to make way for a hyper-space by-pass by now .....
)

Yes one or two good shots would be possible, but rush hour in space a million miles from Earth seems a bit tough to swallow.

I tryed to email the original source in India for more info on that first link. The mail did not go through and my inbox was flooded with viruses. [yes I had forgot to turn on my firewall after uploading to ats
]

Could someone verify if that is a real email to contact them? I have no way of knowing if thats where the virus came from, but my computer glitched at the moment I hit send to that address

Thanks.

Good link btw. Its always good to get more than one article on a subject

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vorlance

Cool comparison, Allred!

The best bet would simply be to get a video tape of the object in question. If they seem to violate the laws of physics or move in an intelligent way we'd really have something.

I'm so bad with quotes. Gimme a break! I'm new and don't know all the little rulez.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
anyway you look at it, i could still draw that in mspaint....doesn't impress me. those types of images are just to vague.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deniedis that possible?

Yup it is He wasn't taking the pictures he was "snooping in" on the signal from the SOHO to nasa

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just out of seriousness here, it looks somewhat like a kite lol. Anyways good find.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's already been posted but this is a page that must be seen to be believed...

Solwatch

There are a bunch of amazing pics and links on it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join