It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird photo taken by satellite, a UFO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Found this Indian website dedicated to UFO's and came across this, have not seen this myself before, as always i wanted to share with fellow ATS's

Link to home page.
www.ufoindia.org...

Picture.
www.ufoindia.org...

Topic.
www.ufoindia.org...

What NASA said

NASA initially tried to explain the images away as pixel faults, passing meteors or asteroids and so on but when EUROSETI presented them with images that were clearly inexplicable by techno-babble and verbal sophistry, they "clamped up".

Mike Murray, one of the founders of EUROSETI, said: "Some of the pictures are real crackers. They are the archetypal flying saucers - disc shaped objects with some kind of glow around them. Many have a pulsing light and leave a trail behind them. They come from all angles and directions."

So is this for real?
Has this been discussed on ATS before.

The date of this is old, back in 2003, and here's what they say at the end.

He said NASA then suggested the objects could be asteroids or comets - but this did not explain the way they appeared to move independently and make turns.
Now, EUROSETI is going to exhibit these extraordinary satellite images in Leicester, England. The screenings will be held from January 24 to 27, a weekend.

Its late June, does anyone know if anything came about by displaying them?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Don't know how I missed this one!!!

Looks exactly like a Goa'uld ship from Star Gate

and sure looks like evidence for the existance of the "Onion Drive"

Onion Drive

by Clark C. McClelland, former ScO, Space Shuttle Fleet, Kennedy Space Center, Florida (1958 to 1992)

I hope more can be found on this one. I will search and watch here too. Nice find

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Very nice picture of , what appears to be, a definate UFO. I took the image to paint and outlined what the dimensions were as if it were to be an aircrft of another world, the cemetry is quite astounding, I am not a rocket scientist, but if I were to bet on it , I would say ,"You have quite a photo there!!"

i74.photobucket.com...

Just to give it some dimension, "Hope you don't mind?"

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
No problem i like your idea's.

Any other comments?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Okay, that's a picture from SOHO. I don't have the original picture so I can't be more accurate, but, considering that the "object" is so close to the Sun (just like all the objects caught by SOHO imagery) as it is, I would say it is the size of Mercury, at best the size of the Moon.
Plus, there is no known material strong enough to be that close to the Sun. It would just melt.

Maybe it's just a speck on the lens, and there is no way we can calculate the distance of the object from the satellite to the Sun.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The shape of the object in that pic just look to be to common a shape to be real. I am no expert on the subject but that is just my thought. Though it seems most may not be agreing with me.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expose

Plus, there is no known material strong enough to be that close to the Sun. It would just melt. snip... considering that the "object" is so close to the Sun

Ummm the satelite that took the picture is that close too. Its not melting.
Doesn't look much like mercury or the moon to me. I do not see the sun in that photo nor does it say anywhere in the report that the object is close to the sun. And if it was near the sun, perhaps that explains the reddish glow?

SOHO is operated from a permanent vantage point 1.5 million kilometers sunward of the Earth in a halo orbit around the first Lagrangian point.

The sun last I checked the distance to the Sun is about 93 million miles.

Maybe it's just a speck on the lens, and there is no way we can calculate the distance of the object from the satellite to the Sun.

Okay I am confused here. First you say its too close to the sun it will burn up, then you say there is no way to tell how close?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just for comparison...

Goa'uld Ship

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Excellent post! Keep digging and posting those awesome links!

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Ummm the satelite that took the picture is that close too. Its not melting.
Doesn't look much like mercury or the moon to me. I do not see the sun in that photo nor does it say anywhere in the report that the object is close to the sun. And if it was near the sun, perhaps that explains the reddish glow?

SOHO is operated from a permanent vantage point 1.5 million kilometers sunward of the Earth in a halo orbit around the first Lagrangian point.

The sun last I checked the distance to the Sun is about 93 million miles.

1.5 million kilometers is only 932 056.788 miles though. 932,000 miles is quite a bit different from 93 million miles.

Edit to add: Here are the Lagrange Points. As you can see L1, where SOHO is, is closer to earth than the sun.

www.physics.montana.edu...

[edit on 6/27/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58 As you can see L1, where SOHO is, is closer to earth than the sun.

Yes precisely the point I was making to Expose... its not close enough to burn up, and since there is really no data that I can find of how far the object filmed is from the sun, stating it would burn up is unwarranted.

I would like to see the photos the Brits were going to release. Of all the supposed UFO pics I have seen over the years this one is at least interesting at this point.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Its late June, does anyone know if anything came about by displaying them?

Your closer than we are to where they were to release them, and you are outside of our gov's reach [I hope
]

Maybe 'the locals" can find out more?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Definitely a good find. I really don't think it's a speck on the lens since it has a well defined signature (heat I pressume). Really makes on think....

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
from what i know the Goa'ulds arnt very nice worm parasite alien things

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yes they would definately be the sort you don't want to meet.

Now the Trills in Star Trek are similar "slugs in the belly", but I hear tell they are much friendlier

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Just for comparison...

Goa'uld Ship

Now here's one I found...

and the info on it...

Pyramid Craft

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vorlance

Cool... HEY I just realized I'm in the wrong room! Losing points here

But I think I will be watching for more news on this one

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vorlance

Cool... HEY I just realized I'm in the wrong room! Losing points here

But I think I will be watching for more news on this one

So many rooms and not enough time!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Thanks for all the comments, im still at a loss on this one, as is there anymore information on this, has anyone seen these before?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Thanks for all the comments, im still at a loss on this one, as is there anymore information on this, has anyone seen these before?

I'll keep looking, but at this point with the info I have its the most convincing one I have seen for awhile. I'll let you know what I find

<<   2 >>

join