It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Galaxies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Im curious. Anyone here play Star Wars Galaxies?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
uhh...

it UBER SUCKS!!!!!!

I uninstalled it today lol!

I rather play DAOC (Dark Age of Camelot)

Than SWG the most boring game EVAH!

it lacks for an MMORPG BIG TIEM!!!!!

no epic raids on darth vader... BORING!

Can't kill main chrs.... most likely wont even get the chance to attempt to fight them.

its hard as hell to melee stuff in the game because you always have same amoutn of stats....

each attack uses a stat pool....

crappy game I suggest you stay away

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Its not really that great of a game really.

What I do enjoy is actually being in the SW universe and interacting with all the characters from the movies.

I agree that the game is lacking in content right now.

Hopefully with new updates coming soon the game will get more interesting.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
game needs to be looked at

I know spots where you can max out weapons with out getting hit by the mob, you can kite them cause they are slow moving mobs and they are high con so you can get weapons up so fast...

i got pistol to Master in 4 hours i think.

my friend keeps trying to drag me back into this game only reason it had a nice turn out the first month was because it was Star wars brand....

perhaps with the expansion it will be better but i doubt it

also i dont feel that you chr is customizable as they led us to believe....

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I dont play SWG, but ive heard from people who played it that it got boring easy. Most of them played Ultima Online like me and came back to that glorious game. *Cant help obvious bias*

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarface
I dont play SWG, but ive heard from people who played it that it got boring easy. Most of them played Ultima Online like me and came back to that glorious game. *Cant help obvious bias*

I've never played Ultima Online. Maybe I should check it out.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by Scarface

I've never played Ultima Online. Maybe I should check it out.

Damn right you should, only drawbacks i should warn you about are the old 2d graphics (still it kicks ass) and the PvP is overly competitive , which can have its good and bad points

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
starsider,
salek novaburn

I'm a master commando.
biatch.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
UO sucks now.

Old School UO was the bomb. PVP was great back then.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The problem I hear with Star Wars Galaxies is:

1. They don't have enough vehicles for you to ride on
2. I think monthly fee to play is kinda of stupid

Maybe there's more to it than that. Is there?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
SWG is an amazing game. I don't know what you are talking about.

If you are a fan of Star Wars and MMORPG...you'll love this game.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I play SWG every 3 months or so, then it gets boring so I stop after 2 months, rise and repeat. The reason I like it is because I'm the biggest Star Wars freak I know, so being in the universe is sweet. I was so excited about it, but then it let me down, so I was sad.

I'm looking forward to World of Warcraft like its my job. It's gonna be the #. It's only in beta but people are saying its already set out to be the best MMORPG ever. It's already a # ton better than SWG.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sadly this game is boring. Ive tried all the proffesions and they are all interesting for a few days, then you realize bounty hunter is the only good PvP class. It just doesnt feel like Star Wars, while KOTOR is like being in the movie. I most likely wont be renewing my subscription (I was an idiot and got the year one) or getting the expansion pack. The only other MMORPG ive played was Asheron's Call which was tedious at times but never boring. Im staying away from anything that has a monthly subscription. Infantry included
Best. Top-down Shooter. Ever

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Im a sunrunner native, if you want to guess the name it wont be hard. Its Dreamz. Im master riflemen and just dropped tkm to work on combat medic. To whoever said BH is the only good PvP, he is nuts, I know some of the best players that are swordsmen, fencers, lancers, riflemen and combat medics. The ability to get and create everything on your own should be enough to keep you interested, but its a shame that more people expect others to make stuff for them instead of harvesting there own resources. Ultima online use to be a good game, but its pretty weak now and the graphics arent even comparable.

i am a imp hunter and I will find all imps and destroy them.

I would also like to add I would drop any curretn online game to play Motor City Online again.......I miss my 65.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Dreamz]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Galaxies needs a hardcore spanking from the gaming gods.

I'd rather play Britney Spears Dance-A-Long!

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I just starting playing it my self yesterday. I admit it is a tad soggy around the edges, it needs a jump start big time. I would give it a 5 out of 10.

-gala

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
hi, i really loved this game.

i started playing it in november 03
it was any thing but boring i played it till 4 in morning a month in a row once
BUT i started in a very small city on talus where there was only abot 30 people that were based there and u really got to know the people there
a great community we all went on cool adventures evryday. it was another world.

then in may 04 evryone seemd to dissapear there was no-one left!!!
and # then i found out just how boring it is on ur own
even in the buisy cities it saddens me that i will never play or meet these people again through this i regret playing it at all.

coz i miss them and the fun we had so much.

mmorpg 's can in very rare cases u cAN get really attached to it
and when these people uve been playing with for a long time goes away it leaves u feeling very sad.

mmorpg's is not a good idea for people who are emosionly unbalanced (like myself)

philosopicaly speaking its more than just a game.

[Edited on 7-7-2004 by TrentReznor]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ive played since the Uk release on chimera, ive tried just about everything, Except Jedi i never bought into the Jedi grind thank god.
Lots of good changes coming and the space expansion is fun. I have gone from running from place to place, to creature mounts, to speeders and now to space.
It was lacking in content for a long time but the new PvP revamp will be coming in and they have made faction armour, Stormtrooper-Rebel, a more viable option instead of everyone running around like Power Rangers in Composite Armour.
They are making the mobs harder to encourage more grouping.
I had unsubscribed as i was looking for another MMO but i cant find one i like so its back to SWG.
Galactic Civil War Changes

New Weapons

Combat Upgrade

Enhanced Faction Armour

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I did.

Unlocked among the first on my server a few months past retail. Was SO DISSAPOINTED with the Jedi system I sold my accounts and left. Which is atotal shame as I am a total Star Wars fanatic

Amazing game that simply wasnt finished or polished well, with a severe issue with class balance.

I should mention though that I got so much for my account I was able to build quite and impressive rig

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I sadly played SWG and it sucked. BIG TIME! SOE IS THE BEAST!
Now World of Warcraft... I have been playing since beta for like 4 months now and I am not bored yet. I don't care bout the fee as I trust Blizzard to use the money effectively to create kickass content!

Blizzard future Overlord of the MMORPG universe.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by sardion2000]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join