It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Introductory Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You may or may not have noticed that my original thread has been momentarily offline. I'm working with the mods to do some "p.i." scrubbing of the posts that are on there. Since it received over 65,000 views, I will assume that most who wanted to read it had a chance, but after I've had a chance to review some of what was posted on there, I felt the need to clean up the P.I. a bit.

I'm somewhat paranoid, but I've seen abuses of other internet boards who make sport of personal information to the point of eventually posting the person's name, e-mail, etc. to the board so that they could be "owned". That is obviously something that I'd love to avoid at this point!

At any rate, hello fellow ATS'ers. I'm looking forward to weighing in at other threads...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Hello again!! Welcome to the forums again! Hope to see you round again!

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Heya troubleshoota i'm a recently registered lurker. Read your earlier post and it was a really great thread. I hate that it's currently down but i understand concerns. I knew you were legit when you said that the only reason the government really runs is the few competent people who are really talented do most of the real work. Anyone who has ever worked for any part of the government knows this ( i saw it in the millitary and have seen even worse in the civillian part of the government) the level of beaurocratic lethargy, career incompetence, personal feifdoms, and thinking that make a reasonable person scratch there head make it a wonder that anything gets done at all. I figure the biggest conspiracies are CYA, graft,and kickback stuff that goes on.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
Heya troubleshoota i'm a recently registered lurker. Read your earlier post and it was a really great thread. I hate that it's currently down but i understand concerns. I knew you were legit when you said that the only reason the government really runs is the few competent people who are really talented do most of the real work. Anyone who has ever worked for any part of the government knows this ( i saw it in the millitary and have seen even worse in the civillian part of the government) the level of beaurocratic lethargy, career incompetence, personal feifdoms, and thinking that make a reasonable person scratch there head make it a wonder that anything gets done at all. I figure the biggest conspiracies are CYA, graft,and kickback stuff that goes on.

Thanks for the comments, and based on what you said...yes, you've definitely been there.

I used to go to places like D.C. just to do site surveys, etc for servers and such at "sensitive" sites. It was made to sound like I needed to go there, state what needed to be fixed, and then fix it. Lord, was I wrong! It took 3 months of writing proposals, talking with very high-level managers, etc. And this was all over building one stinkin' server!!

So when I read some of the things that float around in here it just makes me laugh. There are a log of "professionals" that know what they are doing within the system, but oftentimes hands are tied and it's a wonder that anyone gets anything done!

top topics

join