It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Ancestors found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
thought this article may intrest some people here. They have found birds ancestors!
#

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The first detailed look at the ancestor of modern birds -- a grebe-like waterbird that would look normal even today -- was shown off Thursday by scientists who discovered fossil remains in a remote lake bed in China.

"A world lost for more than 100 million years was being revealed to us," as layers of mud were peeled back like the pages of a book, said Hai-lu You of the Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences.

What they found is being called the missing link on the evolution of birds, a creature that lived in northwest China and is the earliest example of modern birds that populate the planet today.

source

i thought this was an intresting find, they found a whole skeleton of an ancient bird.

yea anno some will think this thread is a bit silly but ah well lol i thought id share it.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If your interested in bird evolution, several different stages of there evolution have been documented recently, after finds in china. I suggest you research, archaeopteryx the most famous link in the evolutionary chain, or tetrapteryx a particular favorite of mine that had feathers on all 4 of its limbs and its tail and supports the theory that feathered flight evolved from trees, rather than ground up.
Wrote an exam paper on feathered flight a couple of weeks ago as part of my degree course. Would be happy to help, if you want some more info.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
thanks for replying and yea id be intrested in that.
it would be good to learn were various animals etc started of especially the birds as not alot seems to be widly known about their origins.

new topics

join