It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

php with some kinda article manager

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm helping a restuarant with their site and they want to add a new event every week. I really think it would be more convenient if they added it themselves than if they hired someone else to do it for them. The way I was thinking of adding this was through some kinda event or article manager that can be updated directly from the web and I want it to be customizable, for example font and pictures, but I don't want to build it up from scratch (not even getting paid for this) anyone know of some place where I can find premade scripts that could be adjusted into an already existing website? Or any suggestions would help too, thankies

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Joomla maight be useful if you haven't seen it already. Its a content management systems designed specifically to allow users that you define to update their own articles. It's open source, so Free!

www.joomla.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
They already have a site right ?
SO....
Joomla is whole entire content management system.
You dont want that....

got to www.hotscripts.com...

You can search for one there. But you will most likley need a MySql DB !!!
IF your lucky you can find one that uses a flat file.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
imbalanced is right; they probably don't want a brand new site just for updating their event calendar. But if you feel like looking anyways, you can check out www.opensourcecms.com. They have a lot of good CMS's there, including Joomla (which is where I got it for my own personal site), and there might be one or two you can tweak properly to fit the site.

Probably not as much help as the hotscripts site, but the best I could offer at the moment

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
THe hostscripts site has all of the cms's too.
But its really a great source for code ! I use it sometimes
on a daily bases when i am busy and dont have time to
write something from scratch....but who ever does that
anyway. Its perfectly normal to cut and paste functions
classes and other scripts from other sources. The only reason
to do a site completly from scratch is if you want to improve
your knowledge or maybe you just want too..

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm using wordpress to do this on my site now. It's pretty easy to customize if you know a little php. There is the blog portion, but other pages on my site are updated as well by inserting a little bit of php code into the html. Along with blog entries, wordpress allows you to create static pages which you could easily modify and edit via the WP admin console. You can find a good discussion of where to start here:

codex.wordpress.org...:Lastnode/Wordpress_CMS

new topics

top topics

join