It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Council on Foreign Relations Suggests Replacing The Dollar

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

AFP Article
The “Amero,” is the name of the new currency proposed by Robert Pastor, a vice chairman of the CFR task force that produced the report “Building a North American Union.” It will replace the U.S. dollar, the Canadian dollar and the Mexican peso.

This agenda is being proposed under the "Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America" (SPP) which is supported by the washington establishment and prominent think tanks. Also included in the proposal is "Interstate 69, a planned 1,600 mile international highway" running from mexico to canada and "limiting the power and sovereignty of the United States" by making our country subordinate to the SPP.

Ive posted this in the NWO thread for lack of a better place, however I do not believe that their is any nwo, it is same "old world order" that has been screwing us for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Also included in the proposal is "Interstate 69, a planned 1,600 mile international highway" running from mexico to canada and "limiting the power and sovereignty of the United States" by making our country subordinate to the SPP.

I had to chuckle at this.

The Governor of Indiana is planning to expand Interstate 69 from Indianapolis to the Terre Haute/Evansville region from its current length from Indianapolis to the Northern end of the state. He would like to place tolls on it and he is currently in the process of leasing the road to a Spanish consortium for the next 75 years.

JDub

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Here's another article I've found:

www.nationalledger.com...

I can't help but just laugh at this. It looks like it's already too late for the American population to wake up and do something about this.

And a 7 year old article bringing arugments in favor of the Amero .

oldfraser.lexi.net...

[edit on 27-6-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
excellent find DF1!

The nwo's wheel are in motion. Any information on a central bank handling the issuing of the currency?

I did the same as Bandit and googled "amero", I checked www.cfr.org... and www.foreignaffairs.org... The report itself is available but nothing else on the Amero.

[edit on 27/6/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You guys realize that these are the recomendations of an independant committee comissioned by the non-governmental council on foreign relations, right?

I mean, NONE of this stuff is law, none of these suggestions are bills, and there isn't even the barest hint of a national discussion on replaceding the Dollar and Peso with an 'Amero', right?

I mean, yes, its globalism, and yes, the CFR is influential, but, NO, this isn't some sort of looming danger.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Could someone please tell me what this 'new' dollar's value is going to valued against?
As the current dollar is valued against nothing at the moment - it just gets printed and printed and printed

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
CFR recomendations have a tendency to become official policy.

Even more concentrated control of the currency is dangerous and could be considered a "looming danger."

We need to regain control of local economies.

[edit on 27/6/06 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
As the current dollar is valued against nothing at the moment -

Sadly this isn’t so, it’s even worst than that!

Each dollar is backed by debt. For example a Treasury Bill (Gov’t bond). This bond usually bares interest. (say 2%) so in this case each dollar would be born with a 2% debt.

A terrible state. All central banks work this way.

df1

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
this isn't some sort of looming danger.

Im just curious. At what point will you become concerned about these CFR reccommendations?

I have no doubt that NAFTA started just as obscurely before it was suddenly pulled from darkness into the light of day. Unfortunately by that time the american public became aware it was to late to do anything about it. Without a doubt everyone today can now hear ross perot's "big sucking sound". I suggest that everyone listen closely, these cfr reccommendation indicate the sucking sound is going to get much louder. Ignore it at your own peril.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Im just curious. At what point will you become concerned about these CFR reccommendations?

When the recommendations are bad ideas that have any chance in heck of being passed?

No one is going to dissolve the dollar and make a 'amero'. Mexico is simply too weak, unstable, and poor, to warrant it. Perhaps somethign like that could be done between the US and Canada though, but might as well just call it a Dollar.

Even the british didn't give up the pound because of the euro. I'd think that south america will adopt a common currency before north america.

df1

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
might as well just call it a Dollar.

Perhaps you are correct, however much of the legislation subsequent to 911 was considered improbable prior to 911. IMHO we are one seminal event away from this CFR recommendation becoming reality. It isnt real important what this new currency is named. Calling it a "dollar" would certainly make it much easier to sell to americans and canadians.

An "amero" by any other name would smell as foul. My sincere apologies to william shakespeare.

new topics

top topics

join