It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright, I hafta ask.. *Why* do you shave?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
i'm quite sure you're not concerned, but there's not an arabs chance in the white house of anyone i know ever sleeping with you.

ROFLMAO
*wipes away tears*
That was good... Thank you for the good hearty gut laugh!!

That's fine! To each their own! I'm not out to sleep with everyone under the sun anyhow.. I leave that to others. I wouldn't wanna sleep with them anyhow if they don't like me for me..
Besides that, I'm happily taken by a man who loves me no matter what I look like, or what I choose to do with my body.

I am very happy embracing my inner ape.. In fact, I'm humbled by my ape ancestry.. keeps me and my human ego's in alignment.

However, I am curious.. would those people at least extend the curtousy of conversation? Would they be respectful and civil with me, even if my outside appearance disgusts them?

Because *that* is what matters most..

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hingus
a cynical response to this might be that women and men alike, shaves all those excess hairs to distance themselves from our ancestral monkeys..

Yet when it gets down to the point when we are enjoying eachothers shaven bodies we behave just like them.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
Yet when it gets down to the point when we are enjoying eachothers shaven bodies we behave just like them.

How do you mean? And which monkeys, by the way?

Gorillas have a very civilized society, a very strict hierarchy.. very rarely do they war with each other, or other tribes... Smaller monkeys are quite hectic and unruly.. however, when they work together they are quite destructive. Bonobos masterbate after arguments.. (actually, they just masterbate frequently, argument or not...)

Besides that, looking at the society that we're in now, I don't think that apes/monkeys would act like this.. at least I haven't heard of it.. If this society, right now, is advanced... *shakes head* methinks I'd rather live in a primative village where people worked together for the collective good of everyone.. not for the profits of one.

We live in a 'civilized' society that competes constantly.. The people I've met rarely gave me civility or respect, let alone the time of day (with or without me showing my leg hair).. but we're 'civilized'..??
Even rats/mice go crazy/cannibalistic when put into 'city' structures...

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah you don't have to take everything I say seriously.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Panzeroth

I like discussing... especially a topic that most people wouldn't touch with a stolen stick! Why else start/converse in a topic if not to get down to the nitty gritty? Opinions are great.. but what's the point of having 'em if they, and their reasons, are never challenged?

No matter what people say, I take it to heart and seriously ponder it. I don't understand any other way of finding the truth.. *shrug*

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Diseria]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I meant that since everyone are so obsessed with lookin good all the time, yet still when it gets to the point when these goods are used for it's primary function (sex), we are all a bunch of monkeys.
When someone answered with "Yes but gorillas have a strict civilized society etc" I just wanted to take a deep breath and delete my account (again, not literally). Loosen up a bit that's all.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join