It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini Black Holes Might Reveal 5th Dimension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
With the launch of a new space telescope in 2007, scientists will be able to test out new theories that put forth that there are mini black holes throughout our own solar system that are the size of an atomic nucleus. If found to be true this could shatter the modern interpretation of Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.

www.space.com
A space telescope scheduled for launch in 2007 will be sensitive enough to detect theoretical miniature black holes lurking within our solar system, scientists say.

By doing so, it could test an exotic five-dimensional theory of gravity that competes with Albert Einstein's General Theory of Relativity. That is, of course, if the tiny black holes actually exist.

Braneworld black holes are not the only bizarre things out there. Vote for the strangest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea, recently detailed online in the journal Physical Review D, is being proposed by Charles Keeton, a physicist at Rutgers University in New Jersey, and Arlie Petters of Duke University in North Carolina

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This experiment sounds very exciting and promising to me. If mini black holes do exist in our own solar system and if there truly are more dimensions than what we know of today it would have profound implications on future Space Travel. Imagine how much energy there is inside a mini black hole the size of a atomic nucleus with the same amount of mass as in a tiny asteroid. Once we learn how to harness this energy it is off to Alpha Centari we go!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
When I was a student, I'd've teachers who'd say that there were times where they were essentially told "everything you've learned in school so far, well, turns out its wrong'. This sort of thing might result in one of those instances.

Fascinating.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Fascinating indeed. A few books back I was reading Black Holes And Baby Universes, by Stephen Hawking. He theorised these miniature black holes in this work, but I don't think he mentioned a 5th dimension. If he did I didn't notice his implications. I'll probably have to read it again... I should halve my Whiskey intake before reading these sorts of titles.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Simply another reason why 'facts' must remain malleable.. we cannot know everything, so how can we rely on what we've learned thus far to hold true, to be laws?

Have we figured out what black holes are? I remember what I learned, but others have argued (not on ats, but irl) that black holes don't exist, or are different than what science has taught us thus far.

I can't wait to see what this turns up..

I'm sure Einstein would be proud tho.. if nothing else, that we keep learning and adding to our pile of knowledge!

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Recently on the Science Channel it mentioned that the speculation already reaches 11 dimensions. Could this be old news?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
Could this be old news?

No, because this is an article about an upcoming experiment that may prove, or disprove, these theories. It's not just an announcement of a theory.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
I should halve my Whiskey intake before reading these sorts of titles.

Or maybe they'd make more sense with more whiskey?!

Diseria
Simply another reason why 'facts' must remain malleable..

?
The facts are not what is in dispute. Einstein's theory of relatively is just that, a theory, and, still, one that is very well supported by the evidence. All theories are subject to being refuted and overturned upon sufficient evidence.

if nothing else, that we keep learning and adding to our pile of knowledge

It reminds me of the idea that our greatest science is analagous to a child who's found a neat little shell in the midst of an entire beach.

zappafan1
it mentioned that the speculation already reaches 11 dimensions

The multi-dimensional ideas are generally the consequences of mathematical ideas, iow, not necessarily the result of experiment and observation. Usually these things are called string theory or 'brane theory' (which is apparently a type of string theory).
The idea, so far as I understand it, is that the fundamental particles and properties of the universe are the result of intersecting 'membranes' or 'vibrating strings' that exist within multiple dimensions. Have a certain set of 'brane' intersect and rotate, or some such, and you get gravity waves, another way, you get electrons, and, apparently in this theory, one of the 'particles' shoudl be something like a miniature black hole, behaving in a certain way.
So that is the theory. If this thing detects this hither-too unknown 'particles', it would seem to be a vindication of that theory.
And, of course, even that can be superseded by another theory.

Strange world indeed. Fascinating.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If Mini Black Holes are found to be a reality will this potentially effect future missions within our solar system? Imagine if the spce shuttle accidentally ran through a one of these it would be good bye shuttle and crew. Would it not?

Does anyone see this as an opportunity for mankind to exploit? If so, how?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Could these min black holes account for the "dark matter" that has been theorised about?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Looks like the Ancients already mapped the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Seventh (main)Dimensions:

The Fifth being the Astral(Hod) and Mental(Netzach) Planes.

And The Seven Cosmos:

3: The Seven Cosmoses

Kabbalah states that two cosmos exist: The Macrocosm and the Microcosm.

The first one represents the infinitely large. The second one represents the infinitely small.

This Kabbalistic teaching about the two cosmos is incomplete, because it is only a fragmentary teaching.
Seven cosmos exist, not two, as some mistaken Kabbalists assume.

The Absolute in Itself, as explained by the Kabbalah, has three aspects, which are:

1. Ain Soph Aur
2. Ain Soph
3. Ain

The Ain Soph Aur is the exterior circle.

The Ain Soph is the middle circle.

The Ain is in fact, Sat, the Unmanifested Absolute.

The first cosmos could not exist within the Unmanifested Ain, not even within the Ain Soph. The first Cosmos can only exist within the Ain Soph Aur.

This first cosmos is made of an entirely spiritual nature. Its name is Protocosmos.

The second is the Ayocosmos or Megalocosmos, that is to say, the Vast Cosmos, or all of the Suns, all of the worlds of the infinite space.

The third cosmos is the Macrocosmos, which the Kabbalists refer to in their writings. This is formed by the Milky Way, with its eighteen million suns that gravitate around the central Sun Sirius.

The fourth cosmos is the Deuterocosmos, which is constituted by the Sun of our Solar System and all of its laws.

The fifth is the Mesocosmos, our planet Earth.

The sixth is the Microcosm, Man.

The seventh is the Tritocosmos, the infinitely small, such as atoms, molecules, insects, microbes, electrons, etc. and also the Avitchi, the Abyss.

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This sounds like a really great thing to do, and I hope it happens. The Hubble did find a lot of neat things in the universe. How ever this one is upgraded I am sure it can find a lot more stuff. But I also wonder, How will it find these therotical micro black holes? If it does find them can we count on the government to tell us?
Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The multi-dimensional ideas are generally the consequences of mathematical ideas, iow, not necessarily the result of experiment and observation. Usually these things are called string theory or 'brane theory' (which is apparently a type of string theory).

Exactly, M-brane theory is pure philosophy right now (in the words of Steven Weinberg).

M-brane theory falls out of 5 competing string theories, they are all describing this same (mathematical) phenomenon.

On the mini-black hole experiment, I look forward to the results.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The Fifth Deminsion? I thought they broke up years ago.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

What does that have to do with mini-black holes being a logico-mathematical consequence of m-brane theory???

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think I understand what you are alluding to, but its all in hindsight no? No one ever looked at a sefiroth and said "Eureka! Sub-atomic point singularities would be a necessary consequence of multiple vibrating strings rotating in n-dimensional space, so long as n is equal to the sum of momentary functions of the atomic radii" (that was all babble in case anyone thinks I have the slightest clue).

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Personally, I think we should start talking about useful ways to exploit this reality. Would it be possible to collect these mini black holes or to turn them into energy/fuel down the road? I'm not asking if this technology is physically possible today but rather if it might be possible down the road.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Tamahu

What does that have to do with mini-black holes being a logico-mathematical consequence of m-brane theory???

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think I understand what you are alluding to, but its all in hindsight no? No one ever looked at a sefiroth and said "Eureka! Sub-atomic point singularities would be a necessary consequence of multiple vibrating strings rotating in n-dimensional space, so long as n is equal to the sum of momentary functions of the atomic radii" (that was all babble in case anyone thinks I have the slightest clue).

This thread was about said mathematical theories in relation to discovering the Fifth dimension, right?

I was showing that the ancient Occult Scientists of the Vedas, Tantras, Kemetian mysteries, Gnosis, etc. have already mapped out said dimension and higher, using Supreme Mathematics(Science of the Sephiroth).

I saw this thread and decided to show those interested in modern science, that there may be a way of delving into the higher dimensions, via means that are beyond the sensual mind and intellect.

Of course the Esoteric Scientist doesn't ignore basic mathematics and natural science(for example, Pythagoras only initiated those who already had a working knowledge of music, Al-gebra, Geometry, etc).

The facts are not what is in dispute. Einstein's theory of relatively is just that, a theory, and, still, one that is very well supported by the evidence. All theories are subject to being refuted and overturned upon sufficient evidence.

www.gnosticteachings.org...

The last treatise of physics that expresses the most profound sort of scientific religious thought has never been written in any corner of the universe, and if, perchance, Einstein would reincarnate in some galaxy of antimatter, he would have to astonishingly recognize that he is an ignoramus!

In an interview between Sayyid Fard Muhammad and Albert Einstein that was supposedly on a radio show in the '30's, Einstein mentioned being a student of Kabbalah.

Fard Muhammad rebuked Einstein for certain things as well.

Though I have to hand it to Einstein in some respects, as he seemed to be more open minded and sincere than the average 'profane scientist'.

That first link I quoted in this thread, also gives some info about him getting his theory of relativity(which, IMO, describes a basic aspect of how things work, but is incomplete) from H.P. Blavatsky's "Secret Doctrine".

And she, of course, would have gotten it from the doctrines passed down by the Ancients.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Very nice. I hope this sheds some light on the origins of the universe as we know it. As for the fuel idea, that's a good one, except for the fact that we'd prolly have to have more than one of them to power anything, since the release of energy might be too low to use just one.

Also, doesn't that 7th dimension map look oddly like a Buckey Ball?

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Also, doesn't that 7th dimension map look oddly like a Buckey Ball?

Uncoincidentally... yes!

www.physics.lsa.umich.edu...

Question - I understand what a Buckey Ball is, but (having a very limited
science background and just lots of curiosity) do not understand
the significance of its discovery. Why is it important? Does
it have practical implications or is this just of theoretical
interest?
------------------------------------------------
The family of hydrocarbons called "buckey balls" are interesting for
theoretical and practical chemical points of view. That carbon would form a
compounds of such high symmetry and stability is pretty amazing.

Hydro- water, Gen- generate, genes, genesis etc.

The Hydrogen is the simplest element on the periodic table and in
Gnosticism it is recognized as the element that is the building block
of all forms of matter. Hydrogen is a packet of solar light. The solar
light (the light that comes from the sun) is the reflection of the
Okidanok, the Cosmic Christ, which creates and sustains every world.
This element is the fecundated water, generated water (hydro). The
water is the source of all life. Everything that we eat, breathe and
all of the impressions that we receive are in the form of various
structures of hydrogen. The Master Samael often will place a note (Do,
Re, Mi…) and a number related with the vibration and atomic weight
(level of complexity) with a particular hydrogen. For example, the
Master Samael constantly refers to the Hydrogen Si-12. “Si” is the
highest note in the octave and it is the result of the notes that come
before it. This particular hydrogen is always related to the forces of
Yesod, which is the synthesis and coagulation of all food, air and
impressions that we have previously received. Food begins at Do-768,
air begins at Do-384, and impressions begin at Do-48.

For more understanding see chapters and lectures related to The Pancatattwa Ritual and The Transformation of Impressions.

Every-thing, Sephiroth, animal, mineral, plant, Atom/Adam, Sun and even the entire Universe, is a Monad; uncountable Monads within Monads which are driven by three primary forces(positive, negative and neutral) or a Tri-Unity.

In synthesis All are One Monad:

www.gnosticteachings.com...

1. Arcanum 9 - The Hermit
(Courses/Twenty-two Arcana)
...verse in miniature. The infinitely small is analogous to the infinitely large. Hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen and oxygen are the four basic elements with which the Third Logos works. The...

2. Arcanum 4 - The Emperor
(Courses/Twenty-two Arcana)
...; the four states of the matter: solid, liquid, gaseous, combustion; the four atoms in Alchemy: hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen. The four worlds of Kabbalah: Atziluth, Briah, Yetzirah, and Assiah. ...

3. Gemini
(The Teachings of Gnosis/The Writings of Samael Aun Weor)
...into terrestrial sulfur; this is analogous to how man inhales pure oxygen and exhales it converted into carbon dioxide. This vital wave, alternately ascending and descending, true systole and dias...

4. 2: The Pancatattva Ritual
(Courses/The Transformation of Energy)
... in the very root of matter; in order to produce light we must have the interaction of hydrogen atoms and carbon atoms, and these are complementary substances that upon interacting with one another, c...

6. Gnostic Kabbalah 4: Assiah
(Courses/Kabbalah 3: Gnostic Kabbalah)
...y, and solar system, uniting opposite poles in order to produce new creations. Hydrogen atoms and carbon atoms complement each other in order to initiate the development of light. The masculi...

8. The Transmutation of Sexual Energy (1)
(The Teachings of Gnosis/Lectures by Samael Aun Weor)
...orine (F), atomic weight 19; hydrogen 12 corresponds to the hydrogen (H) in chemistry, atomic weight 1. Carbon (C), nitrogen (N) and oxygen (O) have the atomic weights 12, 14 and 16. Hydrogen 96 co...

12. Alcione and Negative Emotions
(The Teachings of Gnosis/Lectures by Samael Aun Weor)
... a very special vibration. The molecules of each element; iron; phosphorous, calcium, copper, nitrogen, carbon and so on, will be changed completely due to the radiation. And so, you see this will ...

13. Daleth
(Glossary / Glossary)
... the four states of the matter: solid, liquid, gaseous, combustion; the four atoms in Alchemy: hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, oxygen. The four worlds of Kabbalah: Atziluth, Briah, Yetzirah, and Assiah....

[edit on 9-7-2006 by Tamahu]

new topics

top topics

join