It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD Attack on Israel Could Lead to End of Hamas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

From the Jerusalem Post

The Aksa Martyrs Brigades announced on Sunday that its members have succeeded in manufacturing chemical and biological weapons.

The group said its members would not hesitate to add the new weapons to Kassam rockets that are being fired at Israeli communities almost every day.

If WMD is used against Israel, the backlash would be tremendous.

Haven't there been several predictions of a WMD attack on Israel this summer? A chemical or gas attack against Israeli civilians would dry up sympathy pretty quick for the Palestians in the world, well, at least among sane, rational people.

Mod Edit: Methods of ''Quoting'' – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27/6/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If your source is from Israel, wouldn't it be biased in some way, if not sheer propaganda?

Maybe Isreal will "if true" let this happen, as like 9/11, so Palestine will loose support, and giving Israel a free reign?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Israel drops weapons on themselves from quassam rockets and then launch a full offensive to wipe the palestinians out in a balck flag operations.

Infact although Anthrax has an incredible high propaganda value while not being extreamly dangerous as other biological weapons the Israelis could easily fire a Anthrax rocket at themselves and then "help" the people hit with the Anthrax by giving them medicine to cure the Anthrax infection and in turn saving everyone from the "attack". This would give israel the Green card to do whatever it feels like from there on.

I wouldn't put it past the Israelis to do something like this.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We don't dismiss news from North Korea by South Korea, or news from North Korea from China, although both South Korea and China would have a bias regarding North Korea would it not?

Traditionally JPost has been one of the better sources for news and information from that region when one party involved is Israel, the Guardian and the Times in the UK for example use stories from the JPost all the time in their own papers when reporting on that region.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Seriously, I wonder how and if Iran is part of this sinister equation. Of Israel retaliates on full scale (regrdless whether it's provocation or a genuine Hamas attack), will Iran come to aid of the Hamas? All these Shahab missiles and such?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Seriously, I wonder how and if Iran is part of this sinister equation. Of Israel retaliates on full scale (regrdless whether it's provocation or a genuine Hamas attack), will Iran come to aid of the Hamas? All these Shahab missiles and such?

Perhaps, but probably not. I don't think Iran wants war, they simply want the power the absence of war provides them over the Arab world. When the shooting starts, all the propaganda goes out the Window and Iran likely gets beat up by just about anyone. It is recognized in strategic studies circles that Pakistan, India, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt, and Israel are militarily more powerful than Iran, but that isn't how things are expressed in the perceptions of the average joe earthling. Iran's power is only evident as long as their is no shooting, because when the shooting starts, Iran isn't built to stop a military based butt-whoopin, particularly from the air.

I think it is more likely Israel bombs Iran one day than Iran bombing Israel. Iran's methods are never direct, they support others to do thier dirty work and play the part of the wounded animal being picked on yet standing strong because that portrait plays well on the Arab street.

Israel on the other hand is very direct in how it deals with threats, and if Iran crosses a line Israel becomes uncomfortable with, Israel will act. Israel isn't driven by the same capitalistic guidelines western countries are, so the consequences of direct military action is measured differently than say a country like the US, or even France, Russia, UK, and China for that matter.

top topics

join