It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I think of this place (universe & dimension)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Hopefully this is the right place to post this

My general theory about connection between Universes and Dimensions is as follows:

[color='red']The board doesnt let me map out my theory so bear with me

******/*****************************/***********
| /BlackHole/ | /BlackHole/
| |
| *Our Universe* | *Another
| | Universe*
| |
******/****************************/***********
- -
- Alternate Dimension -
- -

And so on....

If you dont get the diagram, ill explain. Universes are several light years away. So, we need a faster way of etting there. The only way would to take a 'shortcut' or brake the space and time continuum. But going through a blackhole (the shortcut) its almost like highway mediam. Like this:
a
Universe-----------------------------------------------------
| b
-BlackHole- |
c |
Universe

Instead of taking the obvious path (as shown above) blackhole could serve as the 'c' in Pythagore Theory of a2+b2=c2. Look at this:

perso.orange.fr...

Pretend that point C and B are universes and the only path visible to humans is CAB. If we use the black hole we could do CB directly. Hope this is clear enough. Also for the dimensions, I think that each and every universe has its own.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by PublicThinker]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Useing black holes to travel right?
You'd be crushed infinently. Blackholes don't work that way. Your thinking wormholes. And they're not as common. Even then, wormholes could crush you too.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Travelling into a black hole would be closer to suicide than i'd like to come, the odds of surviving are less than zero, and objects that return from them do not exit in the same material state that they enter. Matter goes in, and is sent back out as plasma..soo, that would surely ruin your trip. Besides that, the amounts of radiation contained would be more than any material we are aware of could ever shield us from, and should we develop something it would be soo bulky and massive you could not likely be able to power such a ship. The only way transdimensional travel could be done would be through faster than light travel. Not even traveling AT the speed of light would be sufficient. We'd need to push that limit by hundreds or thousands of times. I agree it is likely that there are parallel dimensions and in some of these, beings have probably developed a means of transdimensional travel. It is also likely that these methods would not work in our dimension since the laws of physics that apply to us would not apply to them.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Made For Life

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
My theory is that multiple universes do exist, and possibly even intersecting our own in many places.
The problem is that the nearest universes are so similar to our own that they are practically identical, so there is no way to tell whether one has traveled to another universe or not.

Fye

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I do believe that parallel universe are existed. However, since the 'world' is different, I believe that the rule and law applied are significantly different as well. Universes develop its own law and structure of physics, so that make it parallel and separated from this universe.

I believe that the most efficient way to reach other universe is by phase shifting. By alternating the law that applied in our universe, we can then shift into the 'borderline' and reach zero space, then shift back to either our universe or other universe. If we're going to use man made technology (dunno when it will be accomplished ^^), it would necessary for us to draw power from zero space. Else, the traveller might end up like the Eldridge.

I would like if someone confirm my theory ^^

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My theory is that there are no other dimensions or universeses(sp).
There is just this plane of existence nothing else.
I dont think theres such thing as a wrom hole and black hole are just collapsed stars with intense gravity.
Faster than light travel may be reached but heyyou never know.

top topics

join