It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonic Posession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Does anyone think it might be possible for someone to be demonically posssesed in this day and age? I was reading up on some of the signs of someone being possesed and one of them was superhuman strength... something that one friend of mine definantly uhm posesses... So far I haven't seen his head spinning around or him puking up green vomit yet... thankfully.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
Does anyone think it might be possible for someone to be demonically posssesed in this day and age?

It's even more possible in this day and age than ever before. With people turning away from the Church and Christianity in droves the demonic portals are creaking gradually open.

On a very basic level people are more willing to 'experiment' in this day and age with everything from Ouija boards to Satanism. That automatically increases the chances of demonic entry into this dimension.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Could the various personas he shifts to be just manifestations of the demon or demons inside him or they could be multiple demons?

Im just wondering if many of the cases of MPDs or Schizophrenia are in reality cases of demonic posession or opression.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
Could the various personas he shifts to be just manifestations of the demon or demons inside him or they could be multiple demons?

Possibly, but also possibly not. In the past some cases of possession which had been diagnosed as mental illness have been 'cured' via exorcism. It's gotta be said though, that's a minority example. The vast majority of mental health cases won't be cases of possession, just cases of mental illness.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
How would one know if a disorder is d.p. or mental? I don't know of any facilities around this area that troubleshoots for d.p., and as a demon has much more knowledge than we do and a few thousand years of manipulating us, I can't see how one could determine that most cases are mental disorders.

Also, not every infestation is of such nature as to make the person unable to function in society, or two spin their head and spit pea soup. So the idea of d.p. shouldn't be limited to those who are dysfunctional.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
How would one know if a disorder is d.p. or mental?

Well it appears that possession is mostly common diagnosed in areas which are very highly 'under control' of the Catholic Church.There have been (and still are) cases of possession & exorcism in the remote village areas of Italy, where people still tie their lives in EXTREMELY closey with the Church, thus rely on the local Catholic priest as their first port of call for most of their problems.

The worrying side of that is that if a teenager has started acting withdrawn and troublesome, they may get dragged to a Priest to undergo an exorcism. This happened to a young girl recently, can't remember where exactly, but to cut a long story short, the girl died of a heart attack during the very protracted and violent process.

The Catholic Church deal with so many cases of possession that they have a 'unit' devoted soley to perfroming exorcisms, though how many of the cases they deal with ARE possession I really wouldn't like to guess.

As you rightly point out, how is the difference between a possession and an illness diagnosed? Well, in reality, it tends to be more about your enviroment. If you're living in the centre of New York City and start getting mental problems, you'll go to a Doctor. If you're in some isolated Catholic village somewhere in the Third World, you'll get taken to a priest.

Then again, a Doctor may diagnose you as mentally ill, but the drugs don't work because you're actually possessed, so you end up in an asylum. I suppose given that scenario, the he only surefire way you know you've suffered demonic possession rather than mental illness is when you walk out of an exorcism fully cured and 100% mentally healthy - and remain that way!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here's just one example of what can happen when people attempt to diagnose such matters themselves when under the influence of religion:

news.bbc.co.uk...

US boy dies during 'exorcism'

Pastor David Hemphill said his church had done nothing wrong. An autistic eight-year-old boy has died during a prayer service held to supposedly cure him of the evil spirits blamed for causing his condition.
Torrance Cantrell was wrapped in sheets and held by his hands and feet while members of the Faith Temple Church of the Apostolic Faith in the city of Milwaukee prayed over him.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I've heard of one case where the pope was even involved in an excorsim where a girl would spit out parts of a radio... I read this on CNN I believe.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Most demon possesions won't be like in the movies. They are often more subtle. Change in persons personality (for the worst), clandestine behaviour, sometimes particular illness etc.. Biblically speaken superhuman strength is a characteristic of possesion.

I am a Christian and I know there is a problem with Christians over emphasising on demon possesion (like what SabbyJ mentioned), blaming everybodies problems on demons. The thing is we live in a fallen world and we are prone to misfortune.

'TheyWatchYouToo' you should ask your friend what he thinks of Jesus Christ and the gospel. See how he reacts, I'd imagine someone demon possesed wouldn't react to well to that.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well I notice that every time I turn on christian music in my car he immediately turns it off

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
'TheyWatchYouToo' is your friend involved in any kind of occult practices, magik or anything else that would open himslef up to the spirit world?

If so, I got church tomorrow I can find out more about this stuff then post it for you.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Possesed in this day and age is very likely but because we all are guilty of sin to some degree.
There are many types of possesion ....

Here is a link .if any one is of interest.
www.fatheralexander.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
One thing that I notice about him is that he is always attending some sort of clandestine meetings he will give no explanation about...

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Something has twice tried to possess me.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
'TheyWatchYouToo' is your friend involved in any kind of occult practices, magik or anything else that would open himslef up to the spirit world?

If so, I got church tomorrow I can find out more about this stuff then post it for you.

Indeed. Partaking in occult ritual, practices, which encompass seemingly harmless activities such as : quija, which is the combined words qui of the French and ja of the German; transendental meditation/visualization technique, meditative yoga, OBEs, etc...have you asked your friend what his beliefs are? A simple question may yield a complicated response.

I hope this helps you....
www.issuesetc.org...

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
quija, which is the combined words qui of the French and ja of the German;

It's Ouija, not quija, it's the French and German words for yes (Oui and Ja). It was invented and patented in 1892 by Isaac and William Fuld and is best known for bringing out the gullible idiot in many a needy person.

top topics

join