It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you drink?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Why do you drink? What makes you enjoy it? Me, I don't drink but used to. I didn't like the taste. I drank only cuz I thought drinking was cool. I drank cuz my homeboys drank.

I guess that's the only reasons why I drank. I don't know if there was any other reasons. Why do you drink/used to drink?

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
To have fun.
To drown my sorrows.
To relax.
To sleep.
To get me through the day.
To deal with annoyances.
To open up to people.
To drink a non-caffine orientated drink.
To help me focus. (It's weird, I know, but I think In a straight line after drinking, so I don't get sidetracked)

I only drink what enjoy.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I don't normally drink, nor do I enjoy alcohol much...
When I do drink...it's to get drunk

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Interesting replies. I was wondering if anyone drinks alcohol because they like the taste.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I like the taste of alcohol,

Malibu and pinapple juice....mmmmm
Martini and lemonade
Guiness
Carlsberg
Vodka and lemonade

The list goes on.

But i enjoy alcohol. Yes i have abused it and i am sorry of that. But now i drink to relax and enjoy the taste and the feeling it does to me.

Oni x x

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well...yeah, I like it. A good straight Kentucky burbon like Maker's Mark, a good single malt scotch, a Beefeater martini before dinner, a couple of ice cold beers when I'm cooking out. It's all good. In moderation. I don't "get drunk" because I know when to stop.

Admittedly, it's an acquired taste. Kids usually don't like things like blue cheese, pate, caviar, red wine... some things you just develop a palate for.

And I'm not recommending it. Some people can enjoy in moderation, some go overboard. I'm very fortunate to not have an addictive personality. Doesn't make me better - makes me very lucky.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'll go with liquid.

Can you show me Liquid on the board please?

*dingdingdingding*

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
To have fun.
To drown my sorrows.
To relax.
To sleep.
To get me through the day.
To deal with annoyances.
To open up to people.
To drink a non-caffine orientated drink.
To help me focus. (It's weird, I know, but I think In a straight line after drinking, so I don't get sidetracked)

I only drink what enjoy.

What he said

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hops are the grain that make beer taste sooooooo good. I drink for the flavor and socializing.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Pretty much like everyone else said...
to relax and unwind, to feel good, to give my mind a little break from reality. basically for recreation. Do I like the taste of alcohol? Yes. An ice cold Corona, Fosters, or Heinekin Light on hot day is like heaven. Crown Royal on the rocks, this is my all time favorite drink. Sure it may taste harsh, that is until you get the acquired taste for it. After that its almost like drinking soda, except it gives you a buzz too. A glass or 2 of crown and some american football on the tv...thats what I would call a good night

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Interesting replies! Come to think of it, I think I kinda liked flavored Smirnoff. I also got so used to all the Vodkas and Brandies that I didn't even mind (or even notice) the bitterness. But I quit, and don't miss it at all. Great replies, I was really curious

new topics

top topics

join