It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logans Run Remake!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I heard this movies going to be remade sometime soon. Has anyone seen the original. I'm not really into sci-fi in a big way but I liked this one. The new one is going to be more true to the original book, no domed city but a huge tower that the population all live in and they get euthanised at twenty-one not thirty. (I think!!!)

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I saw it when i was a kid. The original. I always loved it. Happy to see a remake in the works. Might even buy it...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
What for?

No-one over 30 will see it!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
What for?

No-one over 30 will see it!

IT'S THE **ZING** OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go MA

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
LOL
Do you think they will get rid of the crappy little cars? That were supposed to be hover cars but ran along tracks with wheel marks on them (always bugged me)

Or the 80's body suit uniforms

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
No one over thirty will go see it...

because they're too young to remember the original or cos they've already been sent to carousel.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
No one over thirty will go see it...

because they're too young to remember the original or cos they've already been sent to carousel.

We'll all have been on the carousel and been reborn, of course!!

Another great film and one of my favorites is, Soylent Green. "It's PEOPLE!!! Soylent Green is people!!!"

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
logans run is a film ive not seen for years...... cheesy sci..fi lol

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I loved the original...

Carousel! Carousel!!!

*looks at the little red crystal flashing in his palm...*

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It's no good trying to hide!

I see you........RUNNER!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Damn Sandman.....

*grabs the hot chick from American Werewolf in London, and scampers away...*

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
So, any more word on this???

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My palm crystal has been black for more years than I can count

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Gen-X Director for New 'Logan's Run'?
posted: 02:57 pm ET
20 April 2000

The long-promised remake of dystopian classic Logan's Run looks like it's back in the fast lane to movie screens.

Entertainment newspaper The Hollywood Reporter said Wednesday that Warner Brothers and Silver Films are negotiating with youthful director Skip Woods to update the 1976 movie.

Woods is reportedly in line to both write and direct the new version of the material.

Longtime science fiction writer William F. Nolan, who co-wrote the original novels with George Clayton Johnson, had originally been a likely candidate to write a remake, but that no longer seems to be the case.

Silver Films is the production company of Joel Silver, whose Hollywood resume ranges from the early Xanadu (1980) to the recent The Matrix (1999).

From www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here is the latest word on the movie...

Bryan Singer, the man behind two of the best comic to film adaptations ever in �X-Men� and its sequel, is set to direct a remake of science fiction classic �Logan�s Run�.

moviehole.net

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Rumour has it that Matt Damon is lined up for the part of Logan.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
Another great film and one of my favorites is, Soylent Green. "It's PEOPLE!!! Soylent Green is people!!!"

What?

Man, warn me if there's going to be spoilers.

I just hope everything turns out okay on the Twilight Zone episode To Serve Man...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The world of the future is a shopping mall inhabited by under 30's. Prophetic in it's way!

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Another classic up for slaughter eh?
It seems that remakes are always destined for failure or stampede their way to the top, but regardless it will always find those who bitterly detest it and those who think it was God's gift to film....

Too bad Michael York won't be reprising his role....lol....

I saw him perform his "lecture" Shakespeare and I here at FSU not too long ago....The man has such a commanding stage presence and a truly humble persona.....It's a shame most Americans only know him as Basal Expedition from Austin Powers :shk:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think Logan's Run was Farah Fawcett's debut, wasn't it? She played a very hot nurse as I recall (with about 2 lines, hehe...).

Matt Damon? You've got to be kidding me......
I hope not...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join