It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President says New York Times is disgaceful

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It looks like using SWIFT to track possible terrorist funding and money movements has been in the public domain for a while:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a non-issue, blown out of proportion to shape public opinion and deflect your attention.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

what is a crime is lying, exaggerating, taking stories out of context,
Keep kicking George and don't stop even when they are down.

well then lets throw Georgie's ass in Jail for lying,exaggerationg, and taking stories out of context, like....oh I don't know.. lying about WMD to start a war.

Nice post. Does your mommy still dress you also

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It looks like using SWIFT to track possible terrorist funding and money movements has been in the public domain for a while:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a non-issue, blown out of proportion to shape public opinion and deflect your attention.

Well of course... It's also being used to rally the conservative neo-fascists into declaring anyone that dare challenge the Executive Branch on their "legal" and highly secretive endeavors as being "traitors" and "treasons." Great tactic if you're a lemming, in the thirty percentile supporting King George!

I'm still waiting for these people to go to North Korea, where the government is always right and terrorist attacks are impossible because their "security measures" outweigh their liberties.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Originally posted by The Iconoclast

1- Russia outed her in the late 1990's, which is why she had a desk job, and no longer covert.

2- Her husband introduced her at a few parties as his "CIA wife".

3- She outed herself in 1999 by voting for Algore with her real name, and giving her place of employment in a CIA front company.

Let me guess, got all of this from The Weekly Standard and from Faux News, right? What a load of garbage.

REPLY: (why am I even taking the time?.....) The above info has been around for over three years, and from many sources. Your reply only shows you only look at sources that agree with your thoughts.

I, on the other hand, look to many sources to try and disprove what I belive to be true, then I research THEIR information. This can take literally dozens of hours for each issue. If I can find no definitive facts proving my beliefs are in error, then I'm left with the case of my beliefs being at least 98% accurate. If I find I'm wrong, I'm the first to admit it.

An addition:
4- One of the judges who WROTE the law protecting covert agents said no law was broken.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I find it amazing how liberal many proclaimed conservatives are with their own civil liberties.

Being a Zappa fan, I can only guess that your favorite song lyric is

"It Can't Happen Here"

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
bubbabuddha

".... warrentless monitoring of citizens during a time of war is illegal if it is done so to keep the war from ending and to keep the president or his friends in position. How else can they best monitor voters and how else will they monitor the poor and the middle class if not through the IRS and wiretapping anybody that might pose a threat to a wealthy elite monopoly, not to mention all the business dealings and corporate espionage that is so faithfully enhanced by a convienient war in Iraq

REPLY: What crap-ola. But, would you link to the law that has been violated in that first sentence?

".... Isn't it a bit strange how since Reagan came into office we have had nothing but a steady decline of rights to the point that we give up total privacy for total war, not to mention labor rights and jobs with health care.

REPLY: Care to tell me what "rights" YOU have lost? By the way, there are no "labor rights" or a "right" to health care ....... not in a free country.

".... jobs gone to Mexico and China...."

REPLY: The result of a failed education system (which Reagan warned us about 20 years ago), and also high taxes.

".... we are under attack..... through intimidation, threats, laws being used not to protect but to destroy the middle class and the poor.

REPLY: What laws are doing that? Link, please? In the last six years, more poor people have moved into the middle class, and more middle class into the upper middle class, at any time since the late 80's.

"....I'm just flat out not going to put up with legal jargon...."

REPLY: "legal jargon".... meaning, the law. That's what you're accusing this administration of doing.

".... If we can't get Enron to obey the law ...."

REPLY: I don't condone what Enron did by any means. However, I can give you 50 reasons, literally, why (Democratic) changes in the law are what allowed it to happen. I'd have to send it off-forum, though, because the Mods won't let me cut and paste that much, and I'd need around 24,000 characters..... way over the limit, and too much to type for a response.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
Zappafan1 called the Constitution

an old piece of parchment [posted on 6/27/2006 at 12:16 PM (post id: 2304203]

Your belief that the Constitution is just a piece of parchment explains your attitude toward the principles the Constitution embodies. Its value is in the concepts expressed, not the material they are writen on. Thanks for clarifying that. I was in disbelief that an Amercian citizen could believe the things you were speaking. Now I understand. You played hookey during civics class.

Pawnplayer said in response to the statement "That makes Fox News the worst criminals of them all."

Prove it. Back it up.

That’s easy. You don't have to take anyone's word for it. You can prove it for yourself. Here’s how: Turn your TV to "on". Tune into your local Faux News station. Watch and listen for at least fivfe minutes. It’s that simple.

[edit on 6/28/2006 by dubiousone]

REPLY: What a moonbat! My reference to the Constitution was a simplistic reply to a simplistic post, and in no way reflects my utmost belief in, and admiration for, The
Constitution.

I went to school when they taught actual HISTORY, not civics. What a mistake THAT change was.

Yeah, Fox is soooooo bad, which is why they're kicking CNN's butt. If you're so afreid of one little cable news outlet, don't watch it; or have a night-lite on, or something.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

I find it amazing how liberal many proclaimed conservatives are with their own civil liberties.

"It Can't Happen Here"

REPLY: Deserves no reply (as there's no content to reply to). And, except for their servers, Dell sucks.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Only one comment for this thread.

The only disgraceful persons and groups in our country is our own government and its leaders now in power

No more comments.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA

This appears to be backlash from the Judy Miller days where the NYT seemed to be in the Bush Admins hip pocket. They are attempting to bring some shred of credibilty back and the White House is pissed they don't have a resident stenographer on premisis any longer. Fascism must control the press and the Neocons are upset they've lost some of the control they thought they had.

REPLY:

"....Before joining The Times, Ms. Miller was Washington bureau chief of The Progressive, a monthly, was a regular contributor to National Public Radio...."

Oh Yeah..... sounds like a real Conservative shill. "Progressive" = old name for Marxist/Communist supporters", not back in use by, no surprise, the Left.

By the way:
Neoconservatism; Noun
Def: Political ideology of the US new conservatives, favoring hawkish views on foreign policy, minimal government regulation and little emphasis on social issues.

Sounds good to me, and true, and consistent with The Constitution. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

"It Can't Happen Here"

No, it´s:

"Life is sweet when you´re a bicycle seat"

The whole Bush era is a soap opera waiting to be written. Let´s abolish congress, forget everything and start over. Who would like to become the first prime minister of the New United States?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Zappafan , Do you read at all.?.....Judy Miller was given a script daily by the White House and that's what she submitted to her editors. Miss Miller , regardless of where she worked previously was in fact 'A SHILL' for the Neocons. Neocon's are in fact members of PNAC and AIPAC better know as Zionists.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The real question is, before his aids informed him, did President Bush know what 'disgraceful' meant?

Seriously though, if the NY Times had oil, or WMDs, they would be so toast right now.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The White House had on many occasions attacked the New York Times before this latest condemnation.

Previously, when the Times ran the story 6 months ago that White House had allowed extensive illegal surveillance opertation against ordinary Americans, the newspaper was blasted by the President as well as by the Vice President.

John Snow, the dude who looks after your money, said that New York Times, Los Angeles Times and The Wall Street Journal "only help the terrorists".

Other national newspapers were not spared.

On December 19, President even declared that New York Times and USA TODAY were now aiding the terrorists.

So, let me get this straight:

American media is now accused BY THE US GOVERNMENT of providing help to Al Qaeda !

What will they think of next !!

news.yahoo.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 28-6-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaaa
So when the Times prints out information that helps track the criminals that want to blow up people, the public has a right to know, just as you have a right to know warplans, launchcodes, etc. They decide, not elected government officials.

The really funny lie in Keller's letter is that they released this info without any animus against the Bush administration. Yeah, they call 'em as they see 'em, just like Dan Rather and documents.

The NYT of Pinchie and his Leninst staff aren't disgraceful, they are traitors.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA

Zappafan , Do you read at all.?.....Judy Miller was given a script daily by the White House and that's what she submitted to her editors. Miss Miller , regardless of where she worked previously was in fact 'A SHILL' for the Neocons.

REPLY: Yes, and her editors did with it whatever they wished.

Neocon; Neoconservatism; Noun; Def: Political ideology of the US new conservatives, favoring hawkish views on foreign policy, minimal government regulation and little emphasis on social issues.

Thanks for reminding everyone, as this ideology will only make America a better place than it already is.

Neocon's are in fact members of PNAC and AIPAC better know as Zionists.

REPLY: ............ and your point is what? If you're anti-semitic, just say so.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Originally posted by kleverone

".... like....oh I don't know.. lying about WMD to start a war.

REPLY: You need to do some research.

"... lying,exaggerationg, and taking stories out of context..."

REPLY: Proof, please?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
News story from last night:

".... The New York Times is now blasting the Bush administration for a policy they, themselves, called for the Bush administration to do."

Editorial; Sept. 24, 2001, the NYT warned of OBL's vast network of islamic charities and
businesses, and wrote that the Bush administration needed to do more to "disable the financial network used by terrorists", through "stricter regulations, the recruitment of specialized investigators and greater cooperation with foreign banking authorities."
They added that "if America is going to wage a new kind of war against terrorism, it must act on all fronts, including the financial ones."

How pitiful.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Nice find zappafan, and that sums it up. Why support anyone who plays both sides?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

This story is about as damaging to U.S. national security as an article telling us that the DEA is
keeping their eye on drug dealers.

However, this story does further expose the mis-use of third party data merchants to circumvent
the protections of the U.S. Constitution & The Bill of Rights and it is highly politically embarrasing
to this administration.

It also means that we are tracking private banking information from other countries which directly
affects our relationship of trust in the international geo-political arena.

Private intelligence profits have tripled since 2001. In the past, oil and car companies have discouraged alternative fuels, and disbanded rail and trolley public transportation in order to perpetuate their profits. Third party data merchants have the same motivation to perpetuate their own profits. They are contracted by government that is more responsible to big business than its populace and have no motivation to regulate the constant intrusion on privacy. It can and is happening here.
Some pigs are more human than others.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join