It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID/ Microchip countermeasures (blocking shielding jamming and hacking)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am trying to collect and bring together resources about how we can help resist and help put a stop to RFID techno form being used against us.. I think by learning about it and showing it’s flaws and how it can be tampered with as it already has been hacked among other things, but maybe we could bring together allot of info and for a definite guide to foiling and defeating RFID and in the process hopefully damaging public opinion about the technology.

Bellow I will post links I have found and I would appreciate if people here could verify the effectiveness and how to best achieve these concepts of if they have any resources that could share as well that would be appreciated. It think this is REALLY important to get RFID in check for all our freedoms etc.

below this post I will post my links

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Jamming Tags Block RFID Scanners www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,62468,00.html

[edit on 26-6-2006 by PowerToThePeople]

[edit on 26-6-2006 by PowerToThePeople]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

u-Fiber Microwire Technology to Revolutionize Electronic Article Surveillance, Anti-Counterfeiting, Security, Biomedical Capabilities Furthermore, u-Fiber Microwire is functional even in the presence of metals, foils, and liquids, which until now was thought to be impossible. With a selling price of $.01 per unit and a size of less than 50 microns, the u-Fiber Microwire costs far less than RFID-based targets. www.morerfid.com...

RFID Tags in New US Notes Explode When You Try to Microwave Them

www.prisonplanet.com...

slashdot.org...

You can in fact shield an object if you *completly* enclose said object with aluminum foil (it's conductive). However, copper foil and screen is the standard for shielding used by professionals.

The enclosure doesn't have to be air tight. But the gaps or holes in the foil need to be smaller then the wavelength your trying to attenuate. This is why RF "screen rooms" can use copper screen instead of solid copper and still be effective to up around 3 GHz.

The more you know...

sheilding materials www.lessemf.com...-Copper

www.halfbakery.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It’s allot to go through but I think RFIED might have a chance at being stopped if flaws can be poked in it security wise along with how it can be abused. And expose the looseness they have on our security and privacy PURPOSFULLY to Crete crises of inanity theft to push people towards the microchip

Mass surveillance
en.wikipedia.org...

RFID CREEDIT CARD

www.chaseblink.com...

DIFRWear

www.difrwear.com...

NEW RFID Blocking Wallet

www.rpi-polymath.com...

Demo: Cloning a Verichip
cq.cx...

VIDEO COMPREHENSIVE RFID PRIVACY CONCERNS

www.media.mit.edu...#

www.howtobeinvisible.com...

DEACTIVATE
Laura KY 48: [2-19] - Here is an interesting article about how to deactivate RFIDS and other general RFID information. www.epic.org...

Maria MN 22: [2-16] - The following is a URL on how to use a disposable camera to disable RFIDs. Thanks for all you do.
events.ccc.de...(EN)

Mark TX 22: [2-15] - An interesting article: "How to Kill RFID Tags with a Cell Phone."
blog.sciam.com...

Mike GA 42: [4-7] – Subject: RFID-ZAPPER
10-28] This in response to Charles on 3-2. As far as the ePassport is concerned, visit the following site - events.ccc.de...(EN)#Proof-of-Concept. This tool can be used on anything purchased from a store using RFID to track items as well as your ePassport. It doesn't look too hard to build and will probably come in handy in the future.

Kevin KS 51: [3-22] - The larger metro library systems here will be installing RFID chips and readers to have materials "check themselves" in and out. They also refused to take a passport for ID when it was time for "address verification". Sounds like they are fully cooperating with the Patriot Act. I had decided a while ago to give up on libraries. If I want something I buy it for cash. How have you handled the library issue?
- - - I have more than one card, but not from any big-city libraries. No problems.

Alan NY 39: [3-21] - An RFID blocking wallet:
www.rpi-polymath.com...

Mark TX 22: [1-23] - This stuff sounds 10 times more scary than RFID:
www.morerfid.com...

Charles ID 38: [3-2] - The US State Department is starting their ePassport issuance now. First up will be diplomatic personnel, and by the end of the year all new passports will have the RFID identifier in them, which will electronically match all the information contained in the paper part of the passport, including the photograph. For those that don't like the idea of a contactless chip holding all that info, I suggest getting an old-style passport right now. www.state.gov...

news.ft.com...: [2-13]
- - - Is it just me, but do RFID implants sound like something used in the book 1984? Well leave to an Ohio Company (almost last, state-wise, in the nation as it pertains to technology) to implement an employee implant to perform physical security to guard data. I wonder how long it will take before the EFF or ACLU shows up? – MS

I recommend the RFID disabler:

www.whynot.net...

RSA Security also has developed a RFID jammer.

Don't like RFID? Make sure that it doesn't catch on to a store in your area by planting fun for the inventory manager.

I'm actually looking forward to the introduction of these things to a store near me. The technology is actually pretty simple such that you could pretty easily make your own reader. The perfect practical joke would be to read the id of something like a condom and then make a transponder that looked to the scanner like

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
How to Build a Low-Cost, Extended-Range RFID Skimmer
www.eng.tau.ac.il...

A Scalable, Delegatable Pseudonym Protocol Enabling Ownership Transfer of RFID Tags
eprint.iacr.org...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerToThePeople

Don't know if you can add a request to add an American company to the list of RFID protection products. I went to a trade show a few months ago, and never heard of RFID wireless theft. These people are Americans, and educated me about how many Rf tags are in our cards and products.

They are called ArmadilloDollar.com and I have one. They are all American made and when I watched them test the RF cards with tinfoil, the tinfoil did not work. I have personally tested the Armadillo with my cards, and it has worked everytime as a blocker.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I've heard that neodymium magnets can permanently disable them (induces a strong current in the chip and fries it).

Also, I would imagine a small faraday cage (copper mesh wallet type thing) would effectively shied all rf communications in and out.

Something a little worrying is the "paypass" enhancement being added to a lot of bank cards - this is rfid proximity tech where you only have to wave your card near a scanner for instant payment for small purchases - no need for signing anything or a PIN.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by dangleberry]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have to admit I've never come across a detailed explanation of the technology used, other than it being a RF transmitter. However, as tiny as they have to be (assuming the technology used isn't half a century ahead of what we've got now) they would have to be vulnerable to just about any kind of masking. They couldn't have much signal strength, so just broadcasting on the same frequency with white noise would mask them I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
just thinkin wild here but wut if someone created some type of microwave patch that you could apply to the area of skin where the chip was covertly injected? i dont know what it will consist of. i say "will" because i will it. or maybe some type of topical cream that would draw the rfid chip out of the skin.

lets get creative here, more creative than the assholes at your job who draw your attention away and hit you with a chip gun while you doin work son.

i mean who the # does that? obvisously that person/s not in the right state of mind according to my calculations. this is what its all about being a sellout. money make ya funny. i guess its just all for the brotherhood of man. forget about your wife and kids cus money and secrets come first. yea there isnt no hell to burn in so you might as well just take advantage of people and not have a heart.

whos the fukin scarecrow now? lol

new topics

top topics

join