It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Unclassified Pictures of NASA Shuttle blowing up on reentry.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is the shuttle from a couple years ago that blew up on re-entry. These pictures have just been unclassified.

img224.imageshack.us...
img464.imageshack.us...
img224.imageshack.us...
img189.imageshack.us...
img224.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It might be sceptical of me but those pictures dont look real.

Is there any NASA press release to back them up? Surely NASA would have had a press release if they were going to release such pictures.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
And just who exactly took these pictures?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What is that thing off the nose of the shuttle in image #2? And then an image or so later, it looks like the nose has been completely blown away, and is in a vertical position as compaired to the fireball below it.
Hmmmmm

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
No NASA release infact these pictures have been on the net for 3 years.

From Urbanlegends.com

Subject: Columbia Photos

"Got these from a friend of mine who is a retired NASA space engineer. Haven't seen anything like this on the news yet. "

They were taken (I was told) by an Israeli satellite and have not yet been released by the U.S. Government

urbanlegends.about.com...

A retired NASA engineer friend of a friend? A Israeli satellite?

Hmm... my hoax sense is tingling

[edit on 26-6-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
How could these photo's be real? They would have to be taken by a satellite close by and tracking the shuttle constantly. Do we have such a thing?

Anyway, if they are real it looks like the shuttle got nailed by a meteor storm...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ok definite hoax. The shuttle's pictured way above the atmosphere and we know it started re-entry before it broke up.

Some kid with CGI skills and too much time on their hands. Sick hoax.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ya, it looks totally false. I thought the shuttle moves faster then a bullet ?
It appears in the same place, just orbiting.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wasnt the shuttle already entering the atmosphere when it disentegrated? The plasma from the re-entry got inside of the hole on the leading edge of the wing,which caused it to come apart. If these pictures are legit,then where's the plasma surrounding the ship at?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sorry.

Those images are actually still-frames from the opening sequence of the 1998 movie Armageddon, which have been insidiously passed off as that of the Shuttle break-up/explosion.

www.snopes.com...

medialit.med.sc.edu...

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure those pictures were taken from the movie Armegeddon, though I'm not sure. They may have even been posted on this site before and debunked.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
SuperDupe...
What research did you do before posting these pictures ?

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think is a hoax. It looks like trailer clips from a movie and that thing is definitely getting fragged by a meteor shower.

My guess is that these were sample shots from a movie such as armegeddon or that other silly meteor film. Maybe the shuttle being fragged was pulled from the finished film and now some hero is claiming them to be genuine when in fact they are probably pieces of film reel left on the editing room floor.

If it was a meteor shower then that bloody sat taking the photos done well to avoid being hit itself

jra

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Those images are actually still-frames from the opening sequence of the 1998 movie Armageddon, which have been insidiously passed off as that of the Shuttle break-up/explosion.

Ah you beat me to it! Those pics are indeed from that movie. I seem to recall these pics floating around in email forwards for a little while, some time after the shuttle was lost.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The detonation sequence of the shuttle in the stills looks to be the same as the way the shuttle explodes at the beginning of Armageddon - including the meteors.

Karl

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That is no way the shuttle !!

That thing was traveling at mach18+, and 135 miles up, this at started entering the atmosphere. It was burning up at around 1500*C!!

That's made me laugh, Superdupe, get the alien autopsy &"Aurora" pics out of the way way now !!! LOL

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Excerpt from the link posted above:

Analysis

Contacted by email, the folks at NASA's Earth Sciences and Image Analysis Lab in Houston confirmed what some viewers of these "satellite photos" had already deduced: they're fake. "There is some speculation here at the NASA Johnson Space Center," the message continued, "that those images have been taken from the movie 'Armageddon.'"

Which is precisely where they came from. They are individual frames of a computer-animated sequence occurring about four minutes into the 1998 science fiction film, when a space shuttle is destroyed by fragments of a comet during earth orbit high above the atmosphere.

Considering the above, as well as the preceeding discussion on this topic, this thread will be closed.

On a side note:

I'm not saying such is the case, in this situation, but just a reminder ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Thank you.

Closing ...

top topics

join