It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Soldier Kidnapped, Israel Plans Gaza Offensive With Reoccupation A Possibility

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
While I am not going to justify sending rockets into civilian territory, I believe there is an explanation for its true intent. Those rockets travel for miles before they even hit a target, if they even hit a target. They are actually using the open space between them to measure the distance of their rockets to find their maximum distance. They are testing their weapons. The fact that no Israeli civilians have actually been killed and little to close to no property has been damaged even though they have fired thouands of rockets IMO shows they are simply testing their weapons for range and/or effectiveness. They do not have laser guided technology or smart bombs or research labs to analyze variables and equations and whatnot. They must soley rely on trial and error.

In that case however they should be testing those rockets into the Mediterranean sea and not land on the border of the ones the government is trying to make peace with. Think about where those rockets are actually going to be used. They will be fired upon all the convoys entering Gaza that wish to do war. And seeing as they have a semi-long range capabilities for such primitive produced projectiles, they will have the ability to hit tanks, helicopters from the tops of buildings several blocks or perhaps miles away. No worries on them beig unable to recieve weapons and explosives from foreign entities, most of that is produced in their own land.

Ahmed was all business. With cold professionalism, he explained in minute detail the entire process of how they make the rockets.

First we crowded into a small room with breeze-block walls and a corrugated tin roof. This was where aluminum was melted down then poured into molds for the nozzle of the rocket, the tip and the other parts.

We then went into a room where two men -- dressed in black overalls and, again, with black hoods over their heads -- sat hunched over a gas burner, stirring a white powder in a large stainless steel pot.

This was the rocket propellant. Ahmed would not tell me the ingredients because, in his words, "the enemy is always on the look out to stop us from getting the materials."

But he said almost all the inputs come from Israel. The only thing that's smuggled in is the TNT for the warhead, which comes through the network of tunnels dug under the border between Gaza and Egypt.

The two men took turns stirring the white powder over the fire. If they stop stirring, Ahmed said, it will explode.

CNN.com

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
That is laughable, Dyepes. 'Ranging weapons'? That's an awful lot of 'ranging' at civilian targets. I mean...the terrorists didn't even point the things at military targets.

The small amount of casualties -if you can call it that- is a result of the the poor methods used to build them and the fact that many townships have an early-warning system in place. Then again why build them at all, except to cause Israeli deaths?

I suppose the Palestinian apologists will always say that the Israelis have killed more people, as if it justifies the casualties, simply because they are Israeli and not Palestinian.

And I suppose that the 122mm rocket Katyusha fired in March was just being ranged too, despite being a well-known and well tested device, right?

DE

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It was just announced on Fox News that Palestine executed 18 yr old hostage Oshri Eliahu.

[edit on 6/28/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy
It was just announced on Fox News that Palestine executed 18 yr old hostage Oshri Eliahu.

[edit on 6/28/2006 by pstiffy]

Indeed:

A Palestinian militant group has reportedly killed a young Jewish settler who it says was seized on the West Bank.
The body of Eliyahu Asheri, 18, who lived in Itamar settlement, was found near Ramallah.

The Popular Resistance Committees had earlier showed a photocopy of his ID.

Israel had not confirmed that he had been kidnapped, saying only that he was missing and the authorities were concerned for his safety.

Source

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Well Deus I thank you for denying my ignorance. I had no idea that many casualties result from daily Qassam attacks. Honestly thanks. That puts my bs theory to rest anyways.

Now the terrorists that launch those attacks against civilians are obviously terrible and should somehow find a way to be dealt with. However, I still do not support the fact that the Israelis destroyed the power system and disabled much of the water supply to much of Gaza. That is also an act of terrorism.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Highly unfortunate about that settler which has just been executed. The militants did warn them though to disengage the operation in Gaza, and what do they do, arrest many of the governments politicians and leaders. By tomorrow there will be street fighting.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The news over here is that the father of the soldier killed was an Australian, so I wonder when our Prime Minister, John Howard, will get the call from the U.S./Israeli governments for the WMD supposedly stashed in Palastine.
This is going to escalate in a really big way and I sense that this has ignited a tinderbox which will unite the Arab nations even more when the Israeli's go in hard.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Now the terrorists that launch those attacks against civilians are obviously terrible and should somehow find a way to be dealt with.

Yet you and others insist on playing the Palestinians' games. Any and all actions taken by the IDF is met only by accusations of war crimes. Let's take the most common event, the firing of Quassam rockets. What can the IDF do that won't disturb the sensitivities of the ignorant? They can't just let the terrorists kill their people. They can't bring in gunships or fighters to suppress the batteries (the optimal solution, because it has the highest chance of killing the enemy and destroying any unfired rockets) because the collateral damage would send the press shrieking. They can't engage it with troops, because they're not occupying the place anymore. And, the most common response, counterbattery fire by artillery or gunships, has Palestinian apologists up in arms.

"Oh," they cry, "the civillian casualties! You are MONSTERS!"

This is a deliberate move by the Palestinians, of course, to garner media attention to their self-made 'plight'. the IDF CANNOT respond without causing civillian casualities because the terrorists surround themselves with civillians. The people putting them in harm's way are the people they have elected. The only way to deal with these terorists is as the IDF has, as the Russians have. It's a case of live as a monster or die a saint, and I'm nto sure about you, but I'd rather live a monster than die, and see my friends or family die because some cowards chose to set up a firing position in the middle of a family on a beach.

DE

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Nygdan, let's be honest about this. As soon as the water stopped flowing, the bombs started dropping it was only going to be terrorist groups who gained it.

You've got to be kidding if you think that there's going to be mass death in the gaza strip from people dehydrating.

They knew when they bombed the power station, it would harm the innocent and there was no need to do it.

Your, or my, opinion on what is necessary in a military operation is irrelevant. The israeli commanders, responding to an attack, have moved into enemy territory and are taking out targets of oppurtunity. I will call them terrorists when/if they start specifically targetting civilians, or some other similar such circumstance.

Do I need to source the reports of the IDF in these areas of the last decare? Or even mention Mossad?

Yes. Please cite where the israelis went out specifically to execute civilians. You don't need the mossad or the CIA to kill civilians, you drive a tank into a town, and start killing everyone and everything anwhere near it. The israelis have never done this. Give the palestinians a tank corps, and it will rumble into TEl Aviv and start mowing down crowds.

fact, when Israel bombs a transprot in a market with Hamas Militants, does that not kill innocent people? Is that not the same as a Palestinian attacking an Israeli soldier?

Soldiers are people that have said, "I will go and force the others to do as we say and kill them if they stand in our way', thus, it is perfectly legitimate to kill soldiers in war. As far as I am concerned, hamas, when it undermines an israeli outpost, loads the tunnel with high explosives, detonates it, storms the compound, and kills everyone inside of it, they're doing what they're supposed to be doing.
When they fire a rocket into a village, they're terrorists. When they brainwash some dimwit into wearing a bomb belt, and tell him to pull the trigger when he's on a bus, they're terrorists. When the yehudis fire a missle at a car that has a hamas leader in it, and a hundred civilians are killed along with him, its an act of war, not terrorism. In war, there is collateral damage. If the palestinians don't want to be at war with israel, and don't want to expose themsevles to death as collateral damage, then they need to start demanding peace between the palestinians and israel, otherwise, wtf do they expect?

The Geneva conventions prohibit attacking targets that would affect civilians more than your enemy

Then they are perfectly permited to attack the power station. There aren't going to be mass deaths in gaza from dehydration of lack of working lightbulbs in 65% of the region.

Thats exactly what is being done with the attack on the powerstation.

It clearly is not. Its precisely the same as a city being put under seige, and, again, there isn't going to be a mass die off in gaza from this. Targeting civilians means taking a weapon, ignoring military targets, and firing with civilians in the cross hair, not incapacitating a power station.

I dont need you to put words in my mouth.

Nor I you.

If the Israelis answer is to carry out their own pre-emptive holocaust then all their leaders can hang in Nuremburg where the other murdering bastards before them died

Again, its the palestinians threatening to gas the civilians. Again, someoe already tried to gas the jews, they're not going to sit by an let it happen again. That hardly means that they are going to need to exterminate the palestinians. In all likelyhood, so long as the palestinians are insistant upon destroying israel, they will remain under occupation. And as time goes on, their primitive methods of terrorism will become less and less effective, as the security wall becomes more and more effective. They're probably end up remaining in permanent occupation.

subz
All of what you wrote there is true, however none of it justifies Israel's tactics.

I am honesetly curious. What tactics does it not justify?

How would we react if police hosed down a group of hostages because they didnt want the hostage taker to get away with their crime?

The yehudis are not obliged to see to the safety of the palestinians. THe US had to fire bomb dreseden and nuke two cities to defeat the fascists. Thats unfortunate, but the japanese and germans could've simply prevented it by....not going to war, suing for peace, etc. THe palestinains can do exactly the same. Until there is some sort of reasonably popular 'Peace Party' in palestine, they can expect to get shot up while their heros and martyrs futily attack the "evil jews"

Because here in the civilized segments of the West we pride ourselves on not carrying out killings of innocent people regardless of the circumstances.

Again, the residents of dresden or hiroshima would turn over in their graves, if it weren't for the fact that we turned them into ashes. The palestinians have nothing to complain about. They lost the war, BIG mistake.

thepieman
they also bombed all 4 bridges that lead out of Gaza cutting off any escape for any innocent civilians that wish to leave the city.

It is precisely these kinds of actions that are absolutely permited within the scope of war. War is extremely, incredibly, horrifically, dangerous for civilians. Thats why they should be opposed to it. They're not, so who gives a damn?

communication_burger
You make it sound like Israeli civilians are the only civilians being shelled. They're not.

Indeed, they are not, and the palestinian "government" has the duty and right to use everything in its power to stop that from happening. Of course, fighting is a pretty god damned stupid way to go about it.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Yet you and others insist on playing the Palestinians' games. Any and all actions taken by the IDF is met only by accusations of war crimes. Let's take the most common event, the firing of Quassam rockets. What can the IDF do that won't disturb the sensitivities of the ignorant? They can't just let the terrorists kill their people. They can't bring in gunships or fighters to suppress the batteries (the optimal solution, because it has the highest chance of killing the enemy and destroying any unfired rockets) because the collateral damage would send the press shrieking. They can't engage it with troops, because they're not occupying the place anymore. And, the most common response, counterbattery fire by artillery or gunships, has Palestinian apologists up in arms.

Listen Deus...you are trying to make it seem like these people are just doing this for the hell of it. Why don't you try living like a prisoner, have your only source of food and income taken from you and seperated by a huge wall, then on top of it, have to have permission to go and visit your Olive grove only to have some pimply-faced little 18 year old tell you that you are not crossing over the border today just because he knows its harvest time and he doesn't want you to cross over. Don't appologize for these thugs, these Mafioso of the middle east. ITS OUTRIGHT BULL and a LIE if you actually think you can convince people that these Israelis are treating these people with any dignity or humanity whatsoever.

You say the palestinians should control the terrorrists? With what? Do they have weapons or the resources? They have been blackmailed for how many months now without getting funds to the government?Israel hijacking their 50mil a month in taxes that are rightfully theirs. How often do they close down the borders at a whim? You live like that and see if you won't lob bombs and rocks at your keepers. Its absolutely disgusting how those people are treated and how dare you even think about trying to equate that treatment with anything even close to humane. We treat our friggin dogs better in the US then the Israelis treat the Palestinians. I read comments on Haaretz.com the Israelis calling them beggars and dogs in news comments as though they have a choice in the matter. They have an unemployment rate of 55% and on average each Palestinian earns $2.20 a day! You try to feed your family on that! Its absolutely disgusting. All this being done in a space of 28miles of land. Zoos are bigger then that.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Can always count on Pieman for ignorance involving him pushing his anti-jew agenda. You don't seem to understand the region, the history of the conflict, how it isn't exactly what the jews wanted in the first place. Think the jews wanted these bums in there country?? no, they were stuck with them after the 6 day war and no one else wanted them, they have no purpose except to cause problems. Maybe if the man who wants to go to his oliv grove country didnt support terrorism and murder of women and children, the guards would be a bit nicer.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
No, pieman. I don't think they're doing it for the hell of it. I think they elected a terrorist government in the most literal sense, and that a great deal of them did it because they support Hamas's genocidal campaign plan.

What I was trying to illustrate was the plight of the IDF. They can't do nothing. And anytime they DO attempt to stop attacks by the Palestinians, they get called butchers and worse. As for being treated like prisoners, well, it seems to be working because I'm not hearing about a suicide bomb a day in Tel Aviv. Hell, Israel gave them a section of land to call their own, and what do they do?

Use it to launch attacks out of. Great.

DE

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Can always count on Pieman for ignorance involving him pushing his anti-jew agenda. You don't seem to understand the region, the history of the conflict, how it isn't exactly what the jews wanted in the first place. Think the jews wanted these bums in there country?? no, they were stuck with them after the 6 day war and no one else wanted them, they have no purpose except to cause problems. Maybe if the man who wants to go to his oliv grove country didnt support terrorism and murder of women and children, the guards would be a bit nicer.

Thats rich coming from you. The guy who wanted to wipe out all the Palestinians, women and children included.

And you make out like the Israelis have been there for eons and the Palestinians moved in recently. What a load of bull.

Most of the Israelis are ethnically Eastern Europeans have less of a claim to the lands than Native Americans have over the USA and I don't see Washington handing huge tracts of land back over to the original inhabitants of the continent, do you?

The whole issue of their "right" to that land is a bunch of crock. If we started dishing out land to any idiot that claims 2000 years ago his ancestors lived on that land, the world would be in chaos.

But no, when it comes to the Jews, the whole world got used at the end of WW2 when the Zionists played the sympathy/guilt card and got what they wanted.

Note, I am not branding all Jews as Zionist's, there is a distinction. Zionists are Jewish fundies who are under some dillusion that they are the chosen people of God and were granted this land by God, a God that doesn't exist by the way.

Rant over...

There is no way that Israel is going to get dissolved, so another solution must be found. That can only be the two state solution, which muct mean that Israel respects the Palestinians as humans and not treat them like scum.

The Israelis's need to recognise international law and withdraw all their settlers, as they are illegal.

The Israelis' need to get over this whole superiority thing. The Palestinians are not a bunch of refugees that just turned up one day after 1947. They are people who have lived their for milennia as well.

Granted, the Palestinians need to do things there side as well, but there is such a disparite imbalance in force and strength, that Israel could effectively end this cycle of violence over night AND take the moral high ground in one fell swoop.

But, you can see from their actions that they are not interested in peace and use any excuse to attack, disproportionally and illegally (attacking civilian infrastructure, including power stations and water supplies is illegal under Prot 1 Art 54 of the Geneva Conventions), using collective punishment (illegal under Con IV Art 33), ethnic cleansing (where did all the refugees come from? Illegal under Convention IV, Art. 49), extrajudical killings (illegal under serveral articles of several conventions), killings of Aid workers (illegal under...wait...it's just damn illegal whatever your doing!!)....the list goes on.

Of course, the Palestinian militants are far from Angels themselves and break many a rule themselves, but thats hardly reason enough for the Israelis to do so. I would have thought after the Holocaust, they would be more prone to obeying those rules.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

Originally posted by Wisconsin
As far as the Palestinians are concerned, NUKE 'EM. Drive 'em all out of Palestine and put 'em on a deserted Island to fend for themselves. They claimed it first- history backs that claim. Let the Palestinians go to Saudi Arabia or something.
Wisconsin

You'dd nuke the Palestinians? Talk about extremism...do you realise how DUMB that suggestion sounds ? LOL, if you would know anything about the situation there, you'dd have realise that if you NUKE Palestina then Isreal would be affected aswell.

By your logic, all American poeple should move elsewhere cause they "took" it from NATIVE americans, which according to history "owned" that country....

You have to realise that calling for the Nuclear obliteration of a country is an act of extremism

It's this sort of hate-spewing nonsense from uneducated poeple that make thier oppinions based on total BS that realy pisses me of here on this site, imho MODS should not allow this...

No #. It was a figure of speech. I'll explain it to you in a more elementary level. Pay attention now. The term "Nuke 'em" is known by everybody, or almost everybody on this forum, to be an example to pulverize somebody with jet bombers and rockets. I know full well that if a nuke was dropped on Palestine, then Palestine and Istrael would be wasted. Duh. Islamic terrorists are WORSE than Nazis and therfore need to get a taste of their own medicine- a taste of their own evils- EVIL FOR EVIL. If The Palestinians take over Israel and kill every Jew and then say, "Praise be to Allah! Thank you, Allah, for giving us this land which you gave to the Jews first all through history! Praise be to Allah anyway!" Fine, if that would be the case, then NUKE it. Face it. Islamic terrorists are Nazis and Ku Klux Klan all over again. History dictates that the land always belonged to the Jews. Even some Muslims agree with this. So what does that mean? Does that mean that those Muslims are blinded by the Devil? Israel is the Holy land of and for the Jews. Palestinians can go to Mecca, Saudi Arabia. That's their Holy land.

Now they can whimper and whine and say,"Whaaa! Whaaa! We don't want Mecca! We want Israel! Whaa! We won't get it, so whaaa! Whaaa! Deathe to all the Jews! Whaaa!!!!" Grow up. You got your holy land (Mecca), let the Jews have theirs. If not, well, then sit in the corner. No ice cream for you. Grow up.

Wisconsin

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Wisconsin]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by DeusEx

Listen Deus...you are trying to make it seem like these people are just doing this for the hell of it. Why don't you try living like a prisoner, have your only source of food and income taken from you and seperated by a huge wall, then on top of it, have to have permission to go and visit your Olive grove only to have some pimply-faced little 18 year old tell you that you are not crossing over the border today just because he knows its harvest time and he doesn't want you to cross over. Don't appologize for these thugs, these Mafioso of the middle east. ITS OUTRIGHT BULL and a LIE if you actually think you can convince people that these Israelis are treating these people with any dignity or humanity whatsoever.

That's no the fault of the Israelis. Blame the Palestinian terrorists for that one. Bitch to the terrorists about it. Sure, the Israel army isn't perfect and can be quite hostile, but, the palestinian terrorists have put them in that position since 1967. Think about that one. So because the Israelis are assholes from time to time, that is a justifiable reason to blow them up??? Nonsense.

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Can always count on Pieman for ignorance involving him pushing his anti-jew agenda.

Why is it an anti-jew agenda? Because I don't like seeing the Palestinians being treated unfairly? Did I call for all arabs to "Nuke" Israel? I'm not a muslim, I don't go spewing hatred for muslims just because there are a few muslims that were wacko. So I guess that makes me Pro-muslim too? You are mental and cruel. Save your criticism for someone who cares to believe you. Its so funny whenever pro-Israeli fanatics who start spewing hate about Nuking the entire middle east or middle eastern people will right off the bat attempt to shut me up with their idiotic rants of anti-semetism and anti-jewry claims. Its so pitiful that you would use this garbage as an excuse for your own racism.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisconsin
That's no the fault of the Israelis. Blame the Palestinian terrorists for that one. Bitch to the terrorists about it. Sure, the Israel army isn't perfect and can be quite hostile, but, the palestinian terrorists have put them in that position since 1967. Think about that one. So because the Israelis are assholes from time to time, that is a justifiable reason to blow them up??? Nonsense.

Wisconsin

I really wish the brits had taken this attitude when the King David hotel as well as other people were killed by the Irgun. This whole situation would have been non-existant. Calling the kettle black when its right next to another black kettle is kind of ridiculous, either that or you have absolutely no clue about how Israel got the brits to leave Palestine in the first place. This has been a 2 sided affair for a very long time. Its not just the Palestinians. The only difference now is that the israelis are a lot more powerful and its not equal anymore. Its becoming a bloodbath.

NY Times Op-Ed article written by prominent American Jews (including Albert Einstein) critical of Menahem Begin's visit to the States, Dec. 2, 1948

Attack on Arab Village

A shocking example was their behavior in the Arab village of Deir Yassin. This village, off the main roads and surrounded by Jewish lands, had Taken no part in the war, and had even fought off Arab bands who wanted to use the village as their base. On April 9 (THE NEW YORK TIMES), terrorist bands attacked this peaceful village, which was not a military objective in the fighting, killed most of its inhabitants - 240 men, women and children - and kept a few of them alive to parade as captives through the streets of Jerusalem. Most of the Jewish community was horrified at the deed, and the Jewish Agency sent a telegram of apology to King Abdullah of Trans-Jordan.

But the terrorists, far from being ashamed of their act, were proud of this massacre, publicized it widely, and invited all the foreign correspondents present in the country to view the heaped corpses and the general havoc at Deir Yassin. The Deir Yassin incident exemplifies the character and actions of the Freedom Party. Within the Jewish community they have preached an admixture of ultra-nationalism, religious mysticism, and racial superiority.

Like other Fascist parties they have been used to break strikes, and have themselves pressed for the destruction of free trade unions. In their Stead they have proposed corporate unions on the Italian Fascist model. During the last years of sporadic anti-British violence, the IZL and Stern groups inaugurated a reign of terror in the Palestine Jewish community. Teachers were beaten up for speaking against them, adults were shot for Not letting their children join them. By gangster methods, beatings, window-smashing, and wide-spread robberies, the terrorists intimidated the population and exacted a heavy tribute.

Source
British mandate Wanted Poster including the Images of Irgun member Menachem Begin and Stern Gang member Yitzhak Shamir

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
There is another possibiliy:

What if Mossad agents "Kidnapped" Isreali soldier in a False-Flag operations which the IDF now use as a pre-text for open all out assault on Gaza Strip and their residents?

It makes sense, if you look at it from this direction.

And we all know that Mossad is probably the DIRTIEST of all Intelligence agencies.

And ofcoruse, directly controlled and influenced by the Global Elite.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

What if Mossad agents "Kidnapped" Isreali soldier in a False-Flag operations which the IDF now use as a pre-text for open all out assault on Gaza Strip and their residents?

It makes sense, if you look at it from this direction.

And we all know that Mossad is probably the DIRTIEST of all Intelligence agencies.

And ofcoruse, directly controlled and influenced by the Global Elite.

I hope that this isn't an ideology suggesting that the Israelis concocted a whole "fake" situation just for the excuse to go to war with and drive out the Palestinians.

Wisconsin

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Not for nothing but I could possibly see even a Settler group doing such a thing. I doubt this is the case here though. I think we can safely say that this was done by terrorists from within Palestine this time. When I first heard about the Civilian settler boy, I had thought possibly that he had been killed by an Israeli who was recently arrested for raping several young Israeli boys that I had read about in the Israeli news sites and immediately I had thought the 2 may have been tied in, but then the terrorists had taken responsibility for his kidnap. At first I figured that boy was probably one of his victims and he had kidnapped that kid and killed him when the reports first came out that he was missing.

What easier way to dump evidence then to dump it on the Palestinian side of the border where immediately you know who will be blamed even before anything is proven.A murderer could probably get away with lots of stuff there.

Pie

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join