It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Soldier Kidnapped, Israel Plans Gaza Offensive With Reoccupation A Possibility

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Electronic Intifada

• Between 15 and 20 Israel Defense Forces (IDF) tanks and Armored Personnel Carriers (APC) moved into the Gaza Strip from the northern border at noon today and positioned themselves in the former Nisanit settlement area. Palestinian security forces were advised to leave their positions in the area and the IDF closed Erez crossing at 11am today.

• The Gaza Electrical Distribution Company (GEDCO) continues to load-share the available electric supply across the Gaza Strip though power is intermittent and often not synchronised with water supply to households. Families face difficulties to secure water for personal hygiene.

• There have been 25 sonic booms from Israel Air Force (IAF) aircraft since 28 June across the Gaza Strip. Most occurred pre-dawn.

Invasion?

Anyway, here are "Some" Human Rights Violations done by IDF upon Gaza Strip priot to the Invasion - prooving yet again my Theory, that Gaza Strip was evacuated just to create one big Military-Polygon/Concentration Camp:

NOTABLE ISRAELI VIOLATIONS OF HUMAN RIGHTS PRIOR TO THE GAZA INVASION

• Israeli mock air raids over Gaza were carried out to terrorize the population, firing missiles at uninhabited areas, including a playground, and flying low over densely populated civilian areas. (1-7 June)

• Israeli gunboats shot at Gaza's coast and wounded 2 Palestinian children playing on the beach (1 June)

• Israeli border positions fired artillery shells at Jabalya town, injuring two Palestinian children inside their homes, and at Um al-Nasser village, injuring a 48-year-old Palestinian man (3 June)

• An Israeli missile attack on a car carrying Palestinian militants kills two civilians (5 June)

• Israel fired artillery shells at 3 Palestinian attempting to enter Israel through the fence, killing two and injuring the third. Shrapnel killed a member of the Palestinian police and wounded another, together with 4 civilians, including a 5-year-old and 17-year-old children, and a 50-year-old man (7 June).

• Israel's shelled people enjoying their weekend on Gaza's beach, killing 8 Palestinian civilians including 7 members of the same family, and injuring a further 32 civilians including 13 children (9 June)

• Three Palestinian civilians were killed when Israel fired a missile at a car near Jabalya (9 June)

• An Israeli missile attack on a van driven by Palestinian militants on a busy Gazan highway killed eleven Palestinians including 2 children and 2 paramedics, and injured 30 Palestinians including a number of children (13 June)

• Israel opened fire at a funeral procession east of Jabalya, wounding three 15-year-old children following the procession (13 June)

• An Israeli missile attack on Palestinian militants missed its target and instead killed 3 children and wounded 13 civilians, including 7 children, aged 2, 5, 8, 9, 11, 11, and 16 (20 June)

• An Israeli missile attack that missed its target hit a family home and killed a Palestinian brother and his pregnant sister. The missile injured 11 others, including 7 children aged 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 14, and 14. Four civilians, including a 10-year-old child, were injured near the home. (21 June)

Who is DEFENDING and who is ATTACKING is pretty much clear.

More?

UN Envoy Accuses Israel of Violating International Law

In an urgent United Nations human rights session addressing the situation in Gaza, envoy John Dugard blamed Israel for violating the “most fundamental norms of humanitarian law and human rights law.”

Supported by Russia, Arab nations called for the urgent session, seeking condemnations of Israel’s military operation in Gaza.

The keynote speaker at the event, Dugard called Israel’s position “morally indefensible,” citing the over 1,500 artillery shells fired into Gaza by Israel as well as the sonic booms used to frighten residents of the PA autonomous area.

[edit on 6/7/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hey Souljah.

It's a war. Sad, but ultimately true...

Psst... Where is your 'persepective' Souljah?

Remember, it takes two to tango...

Your 'list' seems curiously devoid of 'Palestinian' rocket attacks.

It might be just me, but I would venture to guess why your 'arguments' seem to be falling on deaf ears.

You might want to consider pacing yourself there Souljah... I suspect it will be at lease another 50 years before the 'Palestinians' give up and finally join the human race.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
You might want to consider pacing yourself there Souljah... I suspect it will be at lease another 50 years before the 'Palestinians' give up and finally join the human race.

Give up What?

Their Homes?

Their Home-LAND?

Their Right to Live as Everybody Else?

Let me Quote a Great Man, mister Malcolm X:

"You can’t separate peace from freedom, because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am honestly begining to question the authenticity of the reports these sporadic rocket attacks could even be Palestinian militants at all. Using the logic that many here have that Palestinians are ALL terrorists that do not want peace and would like Israel destroyed and whatever else rhetoric applies to people's opinions of these unfortunate souls, I present you with the following.

As we can see from the following Aerial Photo Ashqelon, the site of the latest attack by a Qassam rocket is approximately 6.5 miles from the northern-most border of Gaza.

However we can see that there appears to be something of great signifigance located half-way between that town and the border.

Honestly that appears to be the only offloading point for oil I can see anywhere on the Israeli coastline. Tell me even if it is just Hamas and other miliants wich are immoral, uncaring terrorists hell bent on destroying and bringing sufferring on all Jewish citizens of Israel, why would they send a single rocket attack and launch it towards a target almost twice the distance where it would not even hurt any people? There is a major major vulnerability right there a lot closer to them, and with the massive amoubt of rockets they are alleged to have stockpiled, they could easily destroy that offshore pipeline and disrupt vital services to probably a good chunk of their enemy.

I am not justifying or even reccommending an attack on this target, I am pointing out that the accusations and labels some people place on these individuals contradicts their abilities, IF these militants are indeed the people launching rocket attacks.

Given the significant opportunity there, it is my belief the rocket attacks may in fact be an act by a foreign (that is not Palestinian) agent in order to justify the continued operation we are seeing here today. As far as a motive for my theory? Well many would say the only motive for these militant attacks are hatred and evil against the Israelis, therefore the only motive by any foreign agent would be hatred and evil against the Palestinians. Makes sense, if one is capable why would another not be?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Dyepes, oil from that refinery might hurt the Israelis, who have stockpiles of oil. Then again, the Palestinian people rely on that oil for energy, especially for energy for the water purification. Hell, for all I know, they might need the oil to build their rockets!

To put it in simple terms- as others have pointed out to my chagrin- Palestine needs that oil badly. Very badly. So badly it might cease to exist without it. So, the Palestinians might bomb it, and cut off their sole source of fossil fuels, and hurt Israel...but they will quite literally cease to exist.

DE

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sorry buddy the power plant has been out of commission for over a week now and there are no commodoties or supplies entering anywhere in Gaza exept Israelie troops. Want to try another explanation?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
...surely you jest, Dyepes?

I mean, after this passes, they'll want oil, right? Or does the need for fuel only arise with the emergence of the IDF?

DE

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
No Deus ex, you said that the miltiants are immoral uncaring terrorists hell bent on destroying Israel and their civilians at ANY cost since the beginning. Surely if they do not even care for their own people like has been said by many, they will have attacked this long ago, oh with the hundreds of rockets they use. So if they are terrorists hell bent on destroying all Israelis and do not care for the wellfare of their own people, then this target will have been a priority for awhile now.

[edit on 7/6/2006 by DYepes]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If there is anything we can all agree on...

It would surely be the ABSOLUTE INEPTNESS of the 'Palestinians'.

(Reality is one seriously harsh mistress.
)

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yes Golemnia, ALL Palestinians are inept... thank you for that practically useless, baseless, and over generalizing, yet mostly false statement.

So inept yet not inept enough to say they are the source of all terror in the country....

I do not agree with your opinion.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Sorry...

Didn't realize that the situation, as evidenced by 'Palestinians' actions AS A PEOPLE (no subsitute for paying attention DYepes
) in the Gaza Strip, was what SUCCESS looked like.

Thanks for setting me straight.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Anyone else find this odd? Souljah? Pieman? It is a perfect target for these militants with so many rockets, why would they launch a single rocket at an isolated target in a city farther from this facility? Would not this target reach a more direct effect for their goals? Do you guys agree this would make it seem as if the rocket attacks that have alleged to been by Hamas may indeed be by foreign agents now?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Anyone else find this odd? Souljah? Pieman? It is a perfect target for these militants with so many rockets, why would they launch a single rocket at an isolated target in a city farther from this facility? Would not this target reach a more direct effect for their goals? Do you guys agree this would make it seem as if the rocket attacks that have alleged to been by Hamas may indeed be by foreign agents now?

It sure is Weird - why would they not fire rockets at IDF tanks and bulldozers?

Why aim at some isolated target in the city?

You never know what Mossad agents are up to...

News from Gaza:

Palestinian Family Members Killed and Injured in the Latest Israeli Military Escalation in the Gaza Strip

On the evening of Saturday, 8 July 2006, Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) killed a Palestinian woman and two of her children, and injured another five members of the same family, when an IOF plane dropped a bomb close to their house located to the east of the Sheja’iya area of Gaza City. This crime is a continuation of a series of war crimes that have been perpetrated by IOF in the Gaza Strip over the past two weeks. Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip are paying the price of the war launched by IOF, which has led to the killing and injury of a large number of civilians. The total number of Palestinians killed by IOF in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT) since 25 June 2006 is now at fifty-two. In addition, more than a hundred and forty have been injured, many of them seriously.

PCHR’s preliminary investigation indicates that at approximately 19:50 on Saturday, 8 July 2006, an IOF plane fired one bomb that fell near the house belonging to Farid Hajjaj, located near Obeid Petrol Station at the end of Mansour Street, east of Sheja’iya in the eastern part of Gaza City. The house is located 800 meters from the border with Israel. The bomb shrapnel spread to the area and inside the house. As a result, Farid’s wife and two of his children were killed. Five other family members were injured. The family was sitting in the garden of the house when the bomb hit. Medical sources indicated that the three dead family members had been hit by shrapnel at very close range. The conditions of the injured are described as moderate to serious. The dead family members are:

-Ammouna Yousef Hajjaj (42);

-Rawan Farid Hajjaj (6); and

-Mohammad Farid Hajjaj (20)

Eleven More Palestinians Killed; Civilian Property Destroyed; Medical and Media Crews Attacked

CHR strongly condemns the continued killing of Palestinian civilians and destruction of civilian facilities in the Gaza Strip by Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF), which have been exercising disproportionate and lethal force. PCHR also reiterates its calls for the international community, particularly the High Contracting Parties to the 1949 Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War to immediately intervene to protect the Palestinian civilian population and force the occupying power to comply with the Convention. PCHR further calls upon the High Contracting Parties to implement article 1, which calls for respecting and ensuring respect for the Convention in all circumstances.

According to investigations conducted by PCHR, on Friday, 7 July 2006, IOF continued their wide scale incursion into the northern Gaza Strip for the second consecutive day. They moved into the north east of Beit Hanoun and razed large areas of Palestinian agricultural land. They also moved into the north of Beit Lahia, occupying the al-Salateen, al-'Atatra and al-Israa' neighborhoods. Moreover, IOF continued to shell civilian populated areas and seized control of dozens of houses, forcing hundreds of Palestinian civilians to leave their homes. PCHR's field worker in the northern Gaza Strip reported that IOF detained at least 5000 people and endangered their lives by using them as human shields.

24 Palestinians killed by Israeli Occupation Forces in the Gaza Strip and 2 killed in the West Bank, 115 others injured

PCHR strongly condemns the continued killing of Palestinians by Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) and the disproportionate use of force in the Gaza Strip. The Centre points to the fact that IOF are not respecting the principles of necessity and proportionality, when employing their superior war machine against Palestinian resistance fighters not involved in combat activity in civilian areas. These actions are causing high numbers of civilian casualties, as well as damaging civilian property and infrastructure. PCHR reminds the international community, especially the High Contracting Parties of the Fourth Geneva Convention, of its previous demands for them to act immediately in order to protect the lives of civilians and ensure IOF compliance with the convention. The Centre calls upon the High Contracting Parties to enact article 1 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, which ensures the respect of the convention under all circumstances. The Centre confirms its call to these parties to take the necessary punitive steps and impose sanctions on these committing serious violations of the convention.

PCHR’s preliminary investigation indicates that the past day has witnessed an IOF escalation unprecedented since the implementation of the disengagement plan nearly ten months ago. A total of twenty-six Palestinians were killed over a period of twenty-six hours: twenty-four in the Gaza Strip and two in the West Bank. This brings the number of Palestinians killed to thirty-six, since the capturing of the Israeli soldier on 25 June 2006. In addition, one hundred and fifteen Palestinians have been injured, most of them civilians. Ninety-seven were injured in the Gaza Strip and eighteen in the West Bank. There were thirty-four serious injuries, including five who are now in intensive care units. Thirty-seven women and children were among the injured. IOF are using the imprisonment of the soldier as a pretext for their attack on the Gaza Strip, destroying its infrastructure and reoccupying parts of its land.

EU Officially Condemns Israel's Gaza Operation

The EU has accused Israel of using "disproportionate" force and making a humanitarian crisis worse during operations in the Gaza Strip.

"The EU condemns the loss of lives caused by disproportionate use of force by the Israeli Defence Forces and the humanitarian crisis it has aggravated," Finnish Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen, whose country holds the EU's rotating presidency, said in a statement.

The EU is Israel's largest trading partner and rarely criticises the country in such terms military or security matters.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry... I shouldn't laugh... But to now somehow contend that 'Mossad' agents are the people firing the rockets back at Israel...

I don't know Souljah... Maybe THATS why no one takes what 'Palestinian' supporters are saying with ANY seriousness whatsoever.

I guess it's all a series of scams...

All that film of 'Palestinian' rock throwing gangs roving the streets is all propaganda filmed on some backlot in Hollywood.

I can see why the 'Palestinians' don't want to take credit for their activities... It only exposes have ineffectual they really are... (Read the worst 'warriors' ever seen on the fact of the planet
)

You sound so vested... Have you considered writing them a manual Souljah...

My first rule of engagement would be something along the lines of don't take on an armored vehicle with only rocks...

BTW...
>why would they not fire rockets at IDF tanks and bulldozers?

Because in true keeping with their standards of ineffectiveness, the 'Qassams' are about as accurate as a bottle rocket.

[edit on 10-7-2006 by golemina]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry... I shouldn't laugh... But to now somehow contend that 'Mossad' agents are the people firing the rockets back at Israel...

You are laughing too much in this thread - I think in the next lifetime you will be a Palestinian girl, who will grow up in the age of 5 and maybe live to the age of 6.

I don't know Souljah... Maybe THATS why no one takes what 'Palestinian' supporters are saying with ANY seriousness whatsoever.

Well it looks like you do not have a Clue about Mossad whatsoever, even if I provided you with very useful and nice information about it few pages page. Quickly go scroll back and start to READ!

I can see why the 'Palestinians' don't want to take credit for their activities... It only exposes have ineffectual they really are... (Read the worst 'warriors' ever seen on the fact of the planet
)

Well they are doing VERY GOOD considering they are fighting a modern and hi-tech army, armed with Tanks, Helicopters, Airplanes, Artillery - so what do the Palestinans have? AK's and Themselves...

You sound so vested... Have you considered writing them a manual Souljah...

Have you considered running for Ann Coulters ass-istant?

My first rule of engagement would be something along the lines of don't take on an armored vehicle with only rocks...

Just shows the Character of both sides: One use Tanks, the other use Stones.

Who is Attacking and who is Defending is still very Unclear to you.

Because in true keeping with their standards of ineffectiveness, the 'Qassams' are about as accurate as a bottle rocket.

So what about 1500 artillery shells landed by IDF in Gaza Strip?

That is OKEY with you?

Now this is the Really "Funny" statement:

Israel denies 'excessive force'

Israel has rejected criticism that its military offensive in the Gaza Strip is a disproportionate use of force.

PM Ehud Olmert said there was no other way to stop "the fear, the shocks, the lack of security" of Israeli civilians facing daily rocket attacks from Gaza.

Oh the Poor Israeli Civilans fearing the "Ineffective" Quassam rockets.

How they must Suffer on Daily basis!

MEANWHILE:

1500 Artillery shells landed on Gaza Strip fired by IDF, numerous airplanes perform Sonic Booms overhead, spreading trauma, deterioration in public health and fear amongs children of all ages, pregnanot women and older people.

But I guess that is not any of your Concern.

Anger and grief amid Gaza rubble

"We were like prisoners. The children were living in fear," says Mr Khatar, standing beside his front door, which is now lying on the side of the road.

OH and just one more thing:

You CANNOT Kidnap a Soldier of an Armed Force - you hold him PRISONER!

Just like IDF is holding 10.000 Palestinians prisoner - have they Kidnapped them also?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Don't need to call each other 'ass' anything.

Frankly Souljah, I'm still waiting for you to provide ANY links worth reading.

You seem to be so vested that you appear to have lost ALL objectivity.

We have had repeated conversations with regards to your cause... And it is YOUR cause. The bottom line is you have little REAL information to share.

What you view as informative is viewed by any outside honest observer as pure dogma and propaganda.

Your touching pleas about 'excess force' have no merit.

'Palestinians' need to decide which set of LIES they are going to promote to the outside world...

You are either the victim (need to return the French POW) or...
You are a 'freedom fighter' (need to actually start fighting, stop whining, and hiding behind skirts of women and children).

Unfortunately, the world can see what is really going on...

The 'Palestinians' are keystone 'freedom fighters', engage in their farcical efforts while mostly hiding behind civilians, and then cry fowl when the inevitable counterstrike happens and casualties occur.

So there you have it... 'Palestinians' are sacrificing their own people.

Simple enough for you big guy?

See... I didn't need to call you anything.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Frankly Souljah, I'm still waiting for you to provide ANY links worth reading.

Well if link I provided are not good enough, that we have really nothing much to discuss.

You seem to be so vested that you appear to have lost ALL objectivity.

Well in your eyes I do not think I had any.

We have had repeated conversations with regards to your cause... And it is YOUR cause. The bottom line is you have little REAL information to share.

What is REAL information to you?

Apparently nothing I post is considered REAL to you.

Therefore, we have nothing to discuss, since you are REAL and I am not.

What you view as informative is viewed by any outside honest observer as pure dogma and propaganda.

And you are respresting the role of an Honest Observer?

'Palestinians' need to decide which set of LIES they are going to promote to the outside world...

I belive that the ones that need to do the Bigger share of Lying are the Israelis - I mean the Zionists.

You are either the victim (need to return the French POW) or...
You are a 'freedom fighter' (need to actually start fighting, stop whining, and hiding behind skirts of women and children).

I see - that is how the situation is in your eyes;

You are either a Poor Jewish Victim - or a Barbaric Terroristic Palestinian.

No Comment.

The 'Palestinians' are keystone 'freedom fighters', engage in their farcical efforts while mostly hiding behind civilians, and then cry fowl when the inevitable counterstrike happens and casualties occur.

Apparently you really have no Idea whatsoever what is going on;

Israel accused of using 'human shields'
Israeli Army Continues Use of Palestinians as Human Shields

Old News - you think it was the First or the Last?

So there you have it... 'Palestinians' are sacrificing their own people.

Ofcourse they are - that is all they have.

Tanks against Kids with Stones tell me Everything.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why are you taking this SO hard?

ATS is a MB/forum. People share their opinions, insights, questions, what have you.

So in your opinion the only people that should be allowed to participate are people that share (or is it parrot?
) your viewpoint?

I've already pointed out the problems with the viewpoint you're selling...

If you pay attention, you'll see there is a recurrent theme...

Objectivity.

When you acquire it... You will become a much more effective advocate for your people.

Till then... you are just another propagandist.

Another thing you might contemplate acquiring is your own voice. Instead of essentially parroting what you are seeing, reading on these mostly anti-semitic sites, share your own thoughts/insights on this most complex of issues.

Pretend like you are actually promoting a solution... Instead of essentially just being part of the problem.

When you do that... maybe you'll be able to disengage that 'emotional overlay' you have engaged, it really gets in the way of presenting the facts... Just the facts.

And finally... Just between us, you also probably shouldn't refer to Israelis as 'J000S'.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Another thing you might contemplate acquiring is your own voice. Instead of essentially parroting what you are seeing, reading on these mostly anti-semitic sites, share your own thoughts/insights on this most complex of issues.

Anti-Semitic Sites?

Care to Explain that?

Oh I know - all the people who Speak Openly against Israel are Anti-Semitic.

I should have known.

But apparently I do not have this Label alone;

David Icke - Allegations of anti-Semitism

Icke's theories have been attacked as anti-Semitic because of his references to a secret elite that rules the world, Jewish bankers who planned the Holocaust and financed Adolf Hitler, and his use of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a notorious anti-Semitic hoax. In ...and the truth shall set you free, he wrote that:

"I strongly believe that a small Jewish clique which has contempt for the mass of Jewish people worked with non-Jews to create the First World War, the Russian Revolution, and the Second World War. This Jewish/non-Jewish Elite used the First World War to secure the Balfour Declaration and the principle of the Jewish State of Israel). They then dominated the Versailles Peace Conference and created the circumstances which made the Second World War inevitable. They financed Hitler to power in 1933 and made the funds available for his rearmament."

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join